Bills have only 5 players left from before McDermott arrived

3 minutes ago, teef said:

this seems a bit over the top and bitter.  it's a game people.  have fun with it.

Eball beat you to that refrain already.  When all else fails and criticism is warranted, just say the person isn't happy.  That'll silence the criticism! :lol: 

Just now, eball said:

For some, apparently, "fun" means telling everyone things suck and doing so under the guise of "unbiased reality."

I bet they're a hoot at parties.

it's just who some people are.  once someone uses terms like, "homer" and "kool aid", i mentally check out.  the team has a plan that may or may not work, so just enjoy the ride.  if the bills and especially allen show improvement next year, and still don't make the playoffs...i won't be crushed, nor will the pegulas be.  it's not ideal, but it certainly may happen.  we just need to see continued progress.  

we have no control over what happens. some are just too sensitive to have any fun with it.

• Like (+1) 2

There are a few players i would have liked to see them keep that i believe may have helped Allen a bit more than some of those they have now those being R.Wood, Goodwin, & O'leary with Zay, Foster, & Thomas i think the WR/TE room would have given him many more receptions than who they have now but McBean know talent better than i do i guess ?

Edited by T master

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it's just who some people are.  once someone uses terms like, "homer" and "kool aid", i mentally check out.  the team has a plan that may or may not work, so just enjoy the ride.  if the bills and especially allen show improvement next year, and still don't make the playoffs...i won't be crushed, nor will the pegulas be.  it's not ideal, but it certainly may happen.  we just need to see continued progress.  

we have no control over what happens. some are just too sensitive to have any fun with it.

Keep drinking the kool aid, homer...

Just now, BillsVet said:

Eball beat you to that refrain already.  When all else fails and criticism is warranted, just say the person isn't happy.  That'll silence the criticism! :lol: 

ah!  the old martyr defense.  listen champ, no one is telling you not to express your opinion.  most can just pick up on constant negativity and don't necessarily understand the approach.  not to say that it's not ok.  if you think people having fun and being optimistic makes them "homers", that's on you.  some of us don't have to protect our emotions if things don't work out on a football field.  we should all be pretty used to it by now.

Just now, eball said:

Keep drinking the kool aid, homer...

you know what word we haven't heard in a while?  shill.  i miss that.

10 minutes ago, teef said:

you know what word we haven't heard in a while?  shill.  i miss that.

or pollyanna, another classic.

Now, please excuse me as I don my rose-colored glasses and return to La La Land.

Edited by eball

32 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It's setting in for a lot of people that, even with all that cap room and their usual complement of higher picks, they're not going to suddenly go from 6 to 11 wins this season. And, that building an offense in one off-season isn't realistic.

I'm interested to see what ownership thinks if this team is .500 next year and misses the playoffs.  Homers can sit here and bang the patience drum as they have for a decade plus, but ownership isn't so kind. I doubt the Pegula's listened gleefully as McBeane told them after 2017 that it was a 4 year rebuild. 

This is actually the 3rd offseason McD has had to build this offense. And teams literally turn things around on a yearly basis. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is actually the 3rd offseason McD has had to build this offense. And teams literally turn things around on a yearly basis. 

It took 2 off-seasons for McCoach to build his defense, which still doesn't get great pressure from the front 4 as his scheme needs.  And that's the easier side of the ball to build.

So it's beyond me how anyone thinks they'll build a competent offense in one off-season. Sure, there's Allen and hopefully a motivated Dawkins, but no one else on that side of the ball is proven.  People love to reference the Bears' rebuild, but their OL was largely built heading into year 2 of Trubisky.  They added pass catchers and had some youth at RB.

Buffalo has perhaps 2 decent OL starters and little at the skill positions. 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is fair Teef.

I don't think anyone is trying to ***** on anyone's parade.

It's just objective conversation that some take really personal and a lot gets misinterpreted(I'm certainly guilty of misinterpretation at times)or they simply want to close their ears at certain takes that don't support the narrative that this regime have sold us on to this point. 

oh there are definitely some parade poopers around here.  i get that side of the coin, but it's not worth the apparent stress.  

and for what it's worth, i'm not saying billsvet is wrong.  i'd be very surprised if the offense came together enough this upcoming year to put them in the playoffs.  if allen improves, it can happen, but there's a lot of work to be done.  

i think part of the problem is that some people think the regime is selling something and being deceptive somehow.  they got rid of guys who didn't fit their profile, and drafting young talent, and hopefully filling out the rest in fa.  it's not shocking, and to be honest, there's a very certain group on here that no matter what was being done, they'd complain.  i don't get the, "i'll just complain and tell everyone i'm right until this team is in the superbowl".  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is fair Teef.

I don't think anyone is trying to ***** on anyone's parade.

It's just objective conversation that some take really personal and a lot gets misinterpreted(I'm certainly guilty of misinterpretation at times)or they simply want to close their ears at certain takes that don't support the narrative that this regime have sold us on to this point. 

So ironic.  If you didn't care so much you wouldn't waste your time in here telling everyone what a bad job the Bills are doing!

2 minutes ago, teef said:

oh there are definitely some parade poopers around here.  i get that side of the coin, but it's not worth the apparent stress.  

and for what it's worth, i'm not saying billsvet is wrong.  i'd be very surprised if the offense came together enough this upcoming year to put them in the playoffs.  if allen improves, it can happen, but there's a lot of work to be done.  

i think part of the problem is that some people think the regime is selling something and being deceptive somehow.  they got rid of guys who didn't fit their profile, and drafting young talent, and hopefully filling out the rest in fa.  it's not shocking, and to be honest, there's a very certain group on here that no matter what was being done, they'd complain.  i don't get the, "i'll just complain and tell everyone i'm right until this team is in the superbowl".  

Who's saying they're deceptive? I'm not.  They've been up front that this is going to take time.

I'm questioning why, at this point, it's likely going to be a 4 off-season rebuilding process when multiple teams are getting into the playoffs in much less time this decade. 

I also find it hilarious that fans who are just enjoying the ride find themselves on message boards during the off-season. That's doesn't indicate someone's a "casual" fan.  It likely means you're interested in the team and what they're doing. One would think that would also include a debate about how they're going to win as quickly as possible. 

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

It's setting in for a lot of people that, even with all that cap room and their usual complement of higher picks, they're not going to suddenly go from 6 to 11 wins this season. And, that building an offense in one off-season isn't realistic.

I'm interested to see what ownership thinks if this team is .500 next year and misses the playoffs.  Homers can sit here and bang the patience drum as they have for a decade plus, but ownership isn't so kind. I doubt the Pegula's listened gleefully as McBeane told them after 2017 that it was a 4 year rebuild. 

yet they could. 

You get better and SWEEP NY and MIA and split with NE you now have  9 wins.

Houston collapse to a loss 10  

there were (what) 3 blowouts that I don't think will be repeated.  

BAL - Won't be repeated. The defense was HORRID and Nate started

CHI

GB.  

Chargers - Rookies first game and lost by 11.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:09 PM, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

He won't be particularly good, for sure. He'll leave yards on the table at times, as he always has, and doesn't have the speed anymore to hit the homeruns to offset it. But he'll also have some 10-15 yarders that'll make us say "wow." And hopefully eat as a receiver.

Over the past 3 years that's the one thing that drives me crazy about how we use Shady. The lack of receptions is embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, eball said:

So ironic.  If you didn't care so much you wouldn't waste your time in here telling everyone what a bad job the Bills are doing!

I'm interested to hear what you consider "good job" is? 

It'd be one thing to complain about a team that wins 10+ games consistently.  Doing so for a team stuck in mediocrity for so long isn't out of the ordinary. 

What is strange is how people never fail to defend a mediocre product and invent new ways to do so.  And then, when they are challenged to do so, they revert to just saying pablum like "enjoy the ride" or "i'm happy, you're not."  I've seen it for years now. 

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm interested to hear what you consider "good job" is? 

It'd be one thing to complain about a team that wins 10+ games consistently.  Doing so for a team stuck in mediocrity for so long isn't out of the ordinary. 

What is strange is how people never fail to defend a mediocre product and invent new ways to do so.  And then, when they are challenged to do so, they revert to just saying pablum like "enjoy the ride" or "i'm happy, you're not."  I've seen it for years now. 

Well thank goodness that we have someone with the clarity and wisdom which you clearly possess to keep the rest of us in line!

:lol: