Bills have only 5 players left from before McDermott arrived

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And it seems each and every one of the remaining players is/has been integral to McBeane's plans.

Claims Shady will stay.

Lorax & Ferguson extension.

Talking Shaq up.

Hughes is a wrecking ball and better be extended.

Crazy.

I noted in another thread today that Shaq was the only Bills-drafted player left on the roster pre-McD.

Kinda' dispels the whole "McD doesn't have his guys" myth.:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have a feeling even with an upgraded O-Line Shady is going to be really bad.

He won't be particularly good, for sure. He'll leave yards on the table at times, as he always has, and doesn't have the speed anymore to hit the homeruns to offset it. But he'll also have some 10-15 yarders that'll make us say "wow." And hopefully eat as a receiver.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I noted in another thread today that Shaq was the only Bills-drafted player left on the roster pre-McD.

So, we basically had to start from scratch. What I would say is this further exposes your predisposition to the negative, Mr BADOLBILZ. You are fully entitled to call that realism, and I wish you nothing but the best. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

WOW! That’s just crazy stuff. But I can’t say it disappoints me. We were old and we lacked talent. Sounds like it couldn’t be worse. 

Gilmore

Woods

Darby

Zach Brown

Goodwin

Watkins

Dareus

Preston Brown

Cordy Glenn

Which of those dudes were old?  

Did I miss all the old dudes they got rid of? :flirt:

The choices had nothing to do with age...........they KEPT the OLD players.........that's why they still had the 6th oldest roster in the NFL last season and second oldest in McD's first season.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gilmore

Woods

Darby

Zach Brown

Goodwin

Watkins

Dareus

Preston Brown

Cordy Glenn

Which of those dudes were old?  

Did I miss all the old dudes they got rid of? :flirt:

The choices had nothing to do with age...........they KEPT the OLD players.........that's why they still had the 6th oldest roster in the NFL last season and second oldest in McD's first season.

For money or attitude, or any other number of reasons, we moved on, usually getting a decent return in the hope of building something from the ground up. Something that can be sustained. Someone who leans so heavily toward the negative does nothing for me. I don’t forgive every bad FO decision, nor do I think every internet schmo is smarter than the FO. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The reason this rebuild seems to be progressing well and giving us all hope is that after jettisoning the "old guard", the current front office has been capably re-stocking the cupboards.

To wit, the current core players for the Bills going forward:

Josh Allen
Dion Dawkins
Wyatt Teller
Robert Foster
Zay Jones

Tremaine Edmunds
Matt Milano
Tre'Davious White
Levi Wallace
Taron Johnson
Micah Hyde 
Jordan Poyer
Harrison Phillips
Star Lotulelei

That's a pretty darn good job setting a new foundation. They seem to have already found quality players at most key positions: QB, LT, CB1, Mike LB. They just need to draft a young, heir apparent edge rusher to complement/replace Hughes and Lawson. And on top of all of the above, as we all know, they'll be adding 10 or so new draftees and some free agents. 

Great work by McDermott, Beane and co.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I haven't seen anyone claim that ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

The reason this rebuild seems to be progressing well and giving us all hope is that after jettisoning the "old guard", the current front office has been capably re-stocking the cupboards.

To wit, the current core players for the Bills going forward:

Josh Allen
Dion Dawkins
Wyatt Teller
Robert Foster
Zay Jones

Tremaine Edmunds
Matt Milano
Tre'Davious White
Levi Wallace
Taron Johnson
Micah Hyde 
Jordan Poyer
Harrison Phillips
Star Lotulelei

That's a pretty darn good job setting a new foundation. They seem to have already found quality players at most key positions: QB, LT, CB1, Mike LB. They just need to draft a young, heir apparent edge rusher to complement/replace Hughes and Lawson. And on top of all of the above, as we all know, they'll be adding 10 or so new draftees and some free agents. 

Great work by McDermott, Beane and co.

The haters aren’t going to love THAT! 

But it’s fair. It’s FAR from an accomplished empire, but it’s a darn good start. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

For money or attitude, or any other number of reasons, we moved on, usually getting a decent return in the hope of building something from the ground up. Something that can be sustained. Someone who leans so heavily toward the negative does nothing for me. I don’t forgive every bad FO decision, nor do I think every internet schmo is smarter than the FO. 

:lol:

Pro football is a cut-throat, ultra-competitive bloodsport of a game...........its about imposing will and the finality of the scoreboard.

It's not a game for Ol' White Ladies........aka OWL's..........the knitting forum is down the hall!:devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

:lol:

Pro football is a cut-throat, ultra-competitive bloodsport of a game...........its about imposing will and the finality of the scoreboard.

It's not a game for Ol' White Ladies........aka OWL's..........the knitting forum is down the hall!:devil:

There is zero correlation between what I posted and what you posted, further demonstrating that you are just a negatively oriented and contentious poster.

I fully admit to leaning toward the positive, but not blindly. Every team has blunders. We’ve messed up at times, as every team does.

It’s not about being manly enough for the bloodsport. I played sports all my life, including rugby through college. I’ve seen bloodsport in action. So stop embarrassing yourself with ignorance. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is zero correlation between what I posted and what you posted, further demonstrating that you are just a negatively oriented and contentious poster.

I fully admit to leaning toward the positive, but not blindly. Every team has blunders. We’ve messed up at times, as every team does.

It’s not about being manly enough for the bloodsport. I played sports all my life, including rugby through college. I’ve seen bloodsport in action. So stop embarrassing yourself with ignorance. 

My great grammy had tissue-paper thin skin like you........sweet lady.

Your posts smell like cookies.?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My great grammy had tissue-paper thin skin like you........sweet lady.

Your posts smell like cookies.?

Great, you think that’s witty. Thanks for proving my point. You have no defense. I think you can do better if you try.  Even if your position is indefensible. ?

(BTW - If we happen to be at the same game anywhere next year, I’d love to buy you a beer and talk.)  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1