Dolphins hire Reggie McKenzie

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Glad you agree your comments were pretty ignorant.

I’m sure you’re about as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine... Fact remains, McKenzie had an UDFA backing up Carr in 16’ then a 4th round rookie and EJ Manual in 17’. I couldn’t tell you if that’s on McKenzie or Mr Bowl Cut. What I can surmise for other league wide occurrences is that the team falling apart after Carr’s injuries didn’t help McKenzies employment situation. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m sure you’re about as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine... Fact remains, McKenzie had an UDFA backing up Carr in 16’ then a 4th round rookie and EJ Manual in 17’. I couldn’t tell you if that’s on McKenzie or Mr Bowl Cut. What I can surmise for other league wide occurrences is that the team falling apart after Carr’s injuries didn’t help McKenzies employment situation. 

As would be the case with most teams if they lost their starting QB and some teams wouldnt be much better with their starter.  The McKenzie firing was all Gruden.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:45 AM, JimKellyTryouts said:

Some of Gruden's draft picks this year (Kolton Miller, Arden Key, Mo Hurst, Marcell Ateman) were strong contributors this first year, but all that is overshadowed when he decided that this roster wasn't good enough to contend with Mack and that rebuilding with draft picks was the way he wanted to go. The jury is still out on whether or not he and Mayock can right the ship, but the media is too busy hating on him anyways to focus on this being a process. If anything, McKenzie should have been dismissed with Del Rio if Mark Davis was determined to give Gruden full control from the get go.

Kolton Miller definitely contributed..... he contributed badly.

23 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The reality is that Hue Jackson drove the Raiders into hell with his trades and salary cap mismanagement.

McKenzie took over a team with no defense, no first round pick, Salary Cap Jail.

It took McKensize a few seasons to crawl out (all Bills fans should appreciate that.)

After being able to draft he complied a team that  were super Bowl favorites before Carr broke his leg...then 2017 with more injuries.  (I hope your not trying to minimize a QB playing with a FRACTURED SPINE)

thats when Mark Davis fires everyone and undercuts McKenzie by hiring Gruden.

McKenzie was a victim of meddling owners and slew of injuries/bad luck.

Carr didn't have a "FRACTURED SPINE"--he chipped a few spinous processes.  Painful no doubt, but he was cleared to play after a week......

23 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Carr was a good pick. However, the injuries derailed his performance. The issue isn’t that Mckenzie whiffed, but rather he failed to have a backup plan at QB. Then he failed to address it in the ensuing draft. The difficulty in analysis comes from separating McKensie’s moves from Davis’ meddling. Mckenzie is likely at least a middle of the road GM. 

McKenzie gave away Carson Palmer for a 6th and a swap of 7th round picks.  He would have 60 starts, 38 wins, 105 TDs, nearly 17,000 yards in AZ.

Four years later, Bruce Arians described it as "the trade of the century".

McKenzie is another tired NFL retread.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

As would be the case with most teams if they lost their starting QB and some teams wouldnt be much better with their starter.  The McKenzie firing was all Gruden.

Which is why “owner” or “Davis” are in most of my comments. The dysfunction trickles down from the top. Gruden is just the final straw. You don’t bring in a personality like Gruden and hand him that contract and implied power unless you’re unhappy with your GM, absolutely clueless, or insane. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The reality is that Hue Jackson drove the Raiders into hell with his trades and salary cap mismanagement.

McKenzie took over a team with no defense, no first round pick, Salary Cap Jail.

It took McKensize a few seasons to crawl out (all Bills fans should appreciate that.)

After being able to draft he complied a team that  were super Bowl favorites before Carr broke his leg...then 2017 with more injuries.  (I hope your not trying to minimize a QB playing with a FRACTURED SPINE)

thats when Mark Davis fires everyone and undercuts McKenzie by hiring Gruden.

McKenzie was a victim of meddling owners and slew of injuries/bad luck.

..and the odd thing was the rumor floating around for months that Bruce Allen would flee the Deadskins for a reunion with Gruden ala their TB days............

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Kolton Miller definitely contributed..... he contributed badly.

I'm as glad as anyone they passed on Edmunds, and it was dumb that he threw shade at the FO for drafting Karl Joseph which somehow prevented them from picking Derwin James. Miller was playing through lots of injuries - not an excuse, but things should only be able to go up.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Which is why “owner” or “Davis” are in most of my comments. The dysfunction trickles down from the top. Gruden is just the final straw. You don’t bring in a personality like Gruden and hand him that contract and implied power unless you’re unhappy with your GM, absolutely clueless, or insane. 

The last two would be accurate.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..and the odd thing was the rumor floating around for months that Bruce Allen would flee the Deadskins for a reunion with Gruden ala their TB days............

They couldnt pass up the opportunity to get Mayock.  The greatest pretend GM in the history of sports.

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The last two would be accurate.

They couldnt pass up the opportunity to get Mayock.  The greatest pretend GM in the history of sports.

...better pull a rabbit outta his top hat......I'd bet Chuckie didn't like the idea of reporting TO Allen this time around.....