New Anchor Bar (Frederick MD)

BobDVA

8 minutes ago, BobDVA said:

56986788_10102047008410965_1725042613364457472_n.jpg

I am now inspired to visit Duff’s in Newnan, GA next week. I tried once, and the driving rain kept people under 30 mpg on the highway. I turned around, but remain committed! 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Where are the customers??  Nice signs don't pay the bills!  That's been tried in Richmond VA.:doh:

They have had nice crowds since they opened.  There are also a lot more Buffalo ex-pats in the DC area than in Richmond.

9 hours ago, Augie said:

GET IN YOUR CAR!    

?

Went to the one in Richmond, 1 time, not surprised how that ended.  It's not the drive to the new location, it's the traffic.  No direct route(s) without dealing with the DC mess.

If the new place is good, that will be good. IF it's run by/like the Bozo's did here, forget about it!i

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I am now inspired to visit Duff’s in Newnan, GA next week. I tried once, and the driving rain kept people under 30 mpg on the highway. I turned around, but remain committed! 

We have been over this..elderly people that get lost and frighted and turn around and go home are not re not to blame a few raindrops ..nice try though

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Went to the one in Richmond, 1 time, not surprised how that ended.  It's not the drive to the new location, it's the traffic.  No direct route(s) without dealing with the DC mess.

If the new place is good, that will be good. IF it's run by/like the Bozo's did here, forget about it!i

95, 17, 15 to Fredrick and you about 1 mile I am guessing from this joint. 

Or if you are looking for a little more scenic route.. for you on the wromg side of the river

288,64,522,29, 15...very scenic route, nice easy drive, no wheres close to DC..little bit of traffic from Leesburg to point of Rocks.

Make the trip ever better and get across the rive on Whites Ferry..bring ya back to the olden days

https://www.facebook.com/WhitesFerry

Your welcome!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

We have been over this..elderly people that get lost and frighted and turn around and go home are not re not to blame a few raindrops ..nice try though

95, 17, 15 to Fredrick and you about 1 mile I am guessing from this joint. 

Or if you are looking for a little more scenic route.. for you on the wromg side of the river

288,64,522,29, 15...very scenic route, nice easy drive, no wheres close to DC..little bit of traffic from Leesburg to point of Rocks.

Make the trip ever better and get across the rive on Whites Ferry..bring ya back to the olden days

https://www.facebook.com/WhitesFerry

Your welcome!

Thanks, I know all about that BUT, waaay to much trouble for a freakin Chicken Wing! 

Getting to US17, on I-95 puts you into that I-95 Express lane expansion, which is now getting as far south, as the N side of Fredericksburg VA.  The Rappahannock River bridge widening will be a challenge.  Leesburg to Point of Rocks can be a parking lot too!

Elderly???  We've been over this too!  No sane person would drive that distance for the Anchor Bar.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Thanks, I know all about that BUT, waaay to much trouble for a freakin Chicken Wing! 

Getting to US17, on I-95 puts you into that I-95 Express lane expansion, which is now getting as far south, as the N side of Fredericksburg VA.  The Rappahannock River bridge widening will be a challenge.  Leesburg to Point of Rocks can be a parking lot too!

Elderly???  We've been over this too!  No sane person would drive that distance for the Anchor Bar.

Elderly was for our resident senior citizen Mr @Augie

i too would never drive for wings, too easy to make for yourself

Hurleys in Innsbrook makes decent wings, but only in Bills game days. Every other day they bread them, but makes fry them “ for you people” ... it is the Biils bar in the West End. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, Augie said:

I spent 18 years in Sarasota and would move back tomorrow if I could. Yep, lots of WNY folks around, for sure. Try Casa di Pizza off of University Pkwy if you find yourself nearby. 

I’m at Casa di Pizza right now, in Buffalo!

Joe Jacobbi owns the one in Sarasota, and another one in Braedonton.  He and his brothers Jim and Jeff owned the original one on Elmwood.  Jeff and his wife Lori own the one I’m in right now.

(Joe has a lot of stuff shipped there from Buffalo.)

Edited by The Senator

10 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Joe Jacobbi owns the one in Sarasota, and another one in Braedonton.  He and his brothers Jim and Jeff owned the original one on Elmwood.  Jeff and his wife Lori own the one I’m in right now.

Enjoy! I’m jealous! I’ve tried all over Atlanta, but nothing is like Buffalo pizza. I’ve tried a couple here from the WNY area, but it just didn’t do it for me. Casa di Pizza pulled it off. I’ve had Bocce’s shipped, which was cool, but not quite the same. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Elderly was for our resident senior citizen Mr @Augie

i too would never drive for wings, too easy to make for yourself

Hurleys in Innsbrook makes decent wings, but only in Bills game days. Every other day they bread them, but makes fry them “ for you people” ... it is the Biils bar in the West End. 

I will admit, despite your extreme youth (and your naturally nasty disposition and inclination to viciously attack the elderly), you do make a mean chicken wing! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Enjoy! I’m jealous! I’ve tried all over Atlanta, but nothing is like Buffalo pizza. I’ve tried a couple here from the WNY area, but it just didn’t do it for me. Casa di Pizza pulled it off. I’ve had Bocce’s shipped, which was cool, but not quite the same. 

I’ll tip an Ice Pick in your honor!

Joe has his pizza dough and his wings shipped from the same Buffalo suppliers they use here.

This one is in a former OTB, and doubles as my Bills/Sabres bar (9 TVs).

5 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’ll tip an Ice Pick in your honor!

Joe has his pizza dough and his wings shipped from the same Buffalo suppliers they use here.

This one is in a former OTB, and doubles as my Bills/Sabres bar (9 TVs).

I suspect the “Buffalo pizza” places here stop short of that step, it’s just not the same. 

I've been in the Maryland suburbs of DC "forever" and go to Frederick often.  But I wouldn't go there for Buffalo wings.  Too many other good places in Frederick.  My biggest craving over the years has been for a Teds on Rockville Pike in Rockville.  Ain't gonna happen.  The Pike, however, will finally be getting a Wegmans.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, Augie said:

I spent 18 years in Sarasota and would move back tomorrow if I could. Yep, lots of WNY folks around, for sure. Try Casa di Pizza off of University Pkwy if you find yourself nearby. 

Just spoke with Jeff and Lori Jacobbi - Joe is closing the Sarasota place next week.

Plans to concentrate on the Braedenton location and double it’s size.  Plus, he’s helping his son open one back here in Boston Hills.

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Just spoke with Jeff and Lori Jacobbi - Joe is closing the Sarasota place next week.

Plans to concentrate on the Braedenton location and double it’s size.  Plus, he’s helping his son open one back here in Boston Hills.

I guess I only went to the Bradenton Place, off of University Pkwy (the borderline between Bradenton and Sarasota). I guess I left before they opened the Sarasota place. The Bradenton place was I. The same shopping center as the World Of Beer, so what more could you want?  ?

On 4/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, The Senator said:

Check your pm's.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:12 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I've been in the Maryland suburbs of DC "forever" and go to Frederick often.  But I wouldn't go there for Buffalo wings.  Too many other good places in Frederick.  My biggest craving over the years has been for a Teds on Rockville Pike in Rockville.  Ain't gonna happen.  The Pike, however, will finally be getting a Wegmans.

Where on the Pike?

On Sunday, we visited the Frederick restaurant. It was fine. The BOW was decent, the wings were OK, bar service was spotty.

One pet peeve is the beer menu. They list the brewery but not the style. You have to ask about each and the taps are too far way to read. Even small bars have updated printed lists or display on a board. Not that hard to do. 

Overall, for a Sunday lunch in late April, it wasn’t that busy. 

Jesus    that's the problem today   TOO many fruity drinks.  

If its a Bills Bar you have Labatts, Molson. Then a few others like Bud, Michelob, and for the fruity fans , a Corona to shove a lime in.  

18 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

They list the brewery but not the style. You have to ask about each and the taps are too far way to read.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan