New Anchor Bar (Frederick MD)

BobDVA

On 2/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

That looks very promising BUT what's the location like?  We had one fail in Richmond, but it had a really stupid location.  If it's in a good spot AND they train their staff (which almost never happens), it could be successful.  Hope it is very successful.

FSK  is a Mall

Lots of shopping and Restaurants 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The Richmond location was in the Stony Point Fashion Park.   Saks 5th Ave, many nice restaurants etc., but too far removed from I-95 & i-64.

I  had mentioned prior (were there two threads that merged?) 

From Brunswick / Point of Rocks  you take 340 E to 70  E to 270 E then get off at 31 A and BAM the mall entrance is not even a 1/4 mile away 

On 2/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, davefan66 said:

Brother lives an hour away from Fredrick in Severn.  Psyched to hear about this.  Disappointing to hear other franchises failed, especially if they aren’t training at the original.  

Throwing beef-on-weck, Labatts, and “Buffalo” wings on a menu doesn’t make it good.  Gotta do it right, expatriates know the difference.

It’s hard to create staying power in a restaurant. Very few achieve this status.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:07 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I didn’t want people to think I’m an advertisement as I have no stake, but it is called Mothers, in zip code 33626 of Tampa.  Not only BOW, but also phenomenal wings, and they use Prime Rib vs. Roast Beef for the sandwiches.  Every friend I’ve brought there loved it.  It’s not a cheap restaurant, but is a very fair price,

i’ve moved away from beer these past years, so I would imagine they probably have Labatts, but again not sure.  Their entire menu is great, and game day is really fun.  So much fun that even though I have the Ticket, will often go there for the first half to hang with Buffalo transplants, and get my BOW.  Can’t forget the Woodford Reserve on. The rocks, with two limes.  The best is when you treat the glass like a Margherita, but instead of salt, you use raw sugar cane.  Turn upside down, then add what I mentioned.  Adding soda, or anything else to Woodford is blasphemy,  Only one as driving, but great sipping whiskey.  Not cheap anywhere as high end.  As much as I’m Irish, I prefer it over Jameson’s.  The only one better for you Irish Bills fans is Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey.  It’s a tradition in my family for generations it is broken out after the funeral breakfast for a family member lost, and after all the crying, we honor them with a sip of the aforementioned, a toast, and telling funny stories about them.  Sorry for the tangent, but if you ever get a chance for that drink, you will love it.

BTW- I know where Fredrick, MA is located as I took my oldest son on recruiting trips to Mt. St. Mary’s as they were offering a full ride in lax, and Division 1.  He declined, but a really nice place to visit.

Interesting... I live in the Tampa area and had never heard of Mothers. Coffee rubbed beef on weck, sounds good already. If you Really want to get your Buffalo food fix on head on down to Casa Di Pizza in Bradenton, really not that long of a drive but well worth it.

8 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Shame on you! Make the trip just for Jimmy's and enjoy some very well prepared wings.

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I've been.

Reason enough for me to never go to Jimmy's again!  

Jimmys is cool, been a few times, but damn it's out there in the nether regions of DC. Catching a flight out of Dulles? Great place. 

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The Richmond location was in the Stony Point Fashion Park.   Saks 5th Ave, many nice restaurants etc., but too far removed from I-95 & i-64.

To be fair, that mall is dying, and not one restaurant has made it in the part of the mall where Anchor was located. Not even Rio Grande, which the DC folks will know, could make it there..nough said.  Chipotle and Starbucks even closed up shop right next Anchor...the location is a dead mans zone.

That being said, the place never stood a chance after a disastrous opening weekend, awful online reviews, and a space that was way too big to ever get the feeling you were in a happening place..The place just always felt dead.

. The NYC one also had an awful opening weekend, let's hope they have learned the value of soft openings for their franchises, making sure the whole world knows ( on social media) soft opening for two weeks to help work the kinks out etc...then have a grand opening and invite the local press etc. 

Edited by plenzmd1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

FSK  is a Mall

Lots of shopping and Restaurants 

I live less than 10 minutes from FSK mall, and while I hope the new Anchor Bar location succeeds, I think the odds are against it.  The place used to be a Lonestar steakhouse that survived for a number years, but after it went out, the next two restaurants (Chinese buffet and a Tilted Kilt) went out of business very quickly.  It seems restaurants in that location can't compete with the neighbors...Olive Garden, Applebees, and Golden Corral...three of the worst chains out there.  Every time I drive by on a weekend there are lines of people waiting to get into all of them....hard to figure out as there are much better local options available 10 minutes away on Market Street in downtown Frederick.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:07 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I didn’t want people to think I’m an advertisement as I have no stake, but it is called Mothers, in zip code 33626 of Tampa.  Not only BOW, but also phenomenal wings, and they use Prime Rib vs. Roast Beef for the sandwiches.  Every friend I’ve brought there loved it.  It’s not a cheap restaurant, but is a very fair price,

https://www.mothersfl.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mothers-tampa

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Reason enough for me to never go to Jimmy's again!  

Jimmys is cool, been a few times, but damn it's out there in the nether regions of DC. Catching a flight out of Dulles? Great place. 

To be fair, that mall is dying, and not one restaurant has made it in the part of the mall where Anchor was located. Not even Rio Grande, which the DC folks will know, could make it there..nough said.  Chipotle and Starbucks even closed up shop right next Anchor...the location is a dead mans zone.

That being said, the place never stood a chance after a disastrous opening weekend, awful online reviews, and a space that was way too big to ever get the feeling you were in a happening place..The place just always felt dead.

. The NYC one also had an awful opening weekend, let's hope they have learned the value of soft openings for their franchises, making sure the whole world knows ( on social media) soft opening for two weeks to help work the kinks out etc...then have a grand opening and invite the local press etc. 

I think the Mall must offer them low rent?  Anchor bit, and got a facility that didn't suit them.  I don't know if the mall is dying.  It never seemed to "catch on," but it's still there?

On 2/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Still unspoiled by asphalt, but now they are lined with ex FEMA trailers, functioning as meth labs.  

?

Actually, I Google mapped the area... the roads are paved but it doesn't look much different. The only difference is the house is now 3x what it was when we sold it in 1997.

On 2/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, BobDVA said:

You have no idea how excited I am to see the inside wall of the new Anchor Bar opening in Frederick Maryland.

Beef on a Weck and no one will look at me like an alien when I order one!

51068825_1165684060302919_5517937900433440768_n.jpg

51068825_1165684060302919_5517937900433440768_n.jpg

I always debate it.  When putting the logos side by side.  Should Bisons be head butting or should they charge out?

The Sabres/Bills logo goes in opposite directions.  Bills charge right, Sabres left.

I prefer them charging out! Sabres first, Bills to right.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So, yesterday I started out to have lunch at Duff’s outside Atlanta. It’s 38 miles according to Waze, but it’s not like I’d make it a weekly thing. Well, it was maybe the WORST possible weather at about 37 degrees with fog and a steady rain and of course, in Atlanta, heavy traffic. I got about 3 exits up before I realized what an idiot I am. I’ll try again on some nice, warm sunny day when I have nothing better to do. 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

So, yesterday I started out to have lunch at Duff’s outside Atlanta. It’s 38 miles according to Waze, but it’s not like I’d make it a weekly thing. Well, it was maybe the WORST possible weather at about 37 degrees with fog and a steady rain and of course, in Atlanta, heavy traffic. I got about 3 exits up before I realized what an idiot I am. I’ll try again on some nice, warm sunny day when I have nothing better to do. 

Ahhh, such a nice quaint story.  Now for the rest of the story,,,, “local authorities find elderly , disorientated man driving wrong way on 85 , safely returned to his home and his now sainted wife. “

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I always debate it.  When putting the logos side by side.  Should Bisons be head butting or should they charge out?

The Sabres/Bills logo goes in opposite directions.  Bills charge right, Sabres left.

I prefer them charging out! Sabres first, Bills to right.

what the F do you know.  

Just because YOU bolted out of Buffalo  ........  

:lol:  :wub:  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1