Buffalo is about to go up in Smoke

Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t see any possible way that they are going to make someone who wants to buy cannabis at the store turn in the guns. That would be almost impossible. 

This isn’t a subject I have researched but as far as the laws you are mentioning, I believe you may be talking about a federal law that bans felons from owning guns.

Not low level drug users with drug violations or misdemeanors, only if it’s a felony drug conviction. And I believe it applies to all felonies, not just drug related ones. 

Also, IIRC, I believe there may be something about if guns are present with illegal drug sales but I’m not sure.

Those laws wouldn’t apply to legal sales though, or small legal purchases from a store. 

I believe there is also a law that if you have an illegal cannabis grow plus guns that you can recieve additional, steeper charges. But again, I don’t see how that would really apply to legal, licensed cannabis businesses. 

I may be wrong but I don’t know of any law that bans people with lower level drug convictions from having guns. In fact, I have a friend in NY state who has a drug conviction and still owns (legal) guns. 

Owning guns with misdemeanors is 100% legal. You are right felons CANNOT OWN guns

i was referencing what this article states

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marijuana-or-firearms-federal-law-says-you-cant-have-both/ar-AAzjSem

the ATF says that anyone who is addicted to a controlled substance cannot legally own a firearm 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Pot will be legal everywhere in the country in the not-too-distant future.

I have been watching "Ozark" on Netflix and the show featured a homosexual relationship between an undercover FBI agent and a redneck who was in the closet.  Scenes showed the 2 going at it and kissing and what not.

20 years ago that would simply hot have existed on American TV.  Now it does and it's not really a big deal.

These sorts of cultural nuances shift with the passage of time.

Pot being legal and "no big deal" is going to be next.

Agreed on all counts. Just got done with Ozark S2 E1. 
I support The No Big Deal Deal.

Who gets to decide how low/high the level/person needs to be?

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea well I still live here and overall it’s a shi** State.. 

buffalo is my home and I love it and I’ll die here... but our politicians screwed this place up...

Exactly. Hell on earth 

So who voted for the politicians??  It's my home too but I followed a job out of stat, a long time agoe.  Now I'm living in a state represented by a bunch of adolescent fools who spent their college time running around in black face.  Great fun, lots of laughs then, not so much now!:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Who gets to decide how low/high the level/person needs to be?

So who voted for the politicians??  It's my home too but I followed a job out of stat, a long time agoe.  Now I'm living in a state represented by a bunch of adolescent fools who spent their college time running around in black face.  Great fun, lots of laughs then, not so much now!:ph34r:

Idk who voted for cuomo but I also know that we in western New York have been neglected for a long time

28 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Very very old news in the city of buffalo. Just finally anounced it to the public.

I don’t think it was being enforced 100% throughout the city even though Buffalo cops for the most part haven’t really cared about pot for a while

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm Catholic and Pro-Life but I can understand Albany's way of thinking,of course ,it's about money.The Social Service offices see the same women come in so they can "" update" their status...meaning mom got drunk at a party,got laid and has no idea who the baby's daddy is.Meanwhile...daddy is living with her and the 4 other fatherless children in a subsidized apartment that's in her name.....not to mention eating food that she "buys" with use of her taxpayer funded EBT card.children=money.

Again...

Scumbags.

Oh, now I get it.

You were being sarcastic when you came up with your username. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Pot will be legal everywhere in the country in the not-too-distant future.

I have been watching "Ozark" on Netflix and the show featured a homosexual relationship between an undercover FBI agent and a redneck who was in the closet.  Scenes showed the 2 going at it and kissing and what not.

20 years ago that would simply hot have existed on American TV.  Now it does and it's not really a big deal.

These sorts of cultural nuances shift with the passage of time.

Pot being legal and "no big deal" is going to be next.

"Hey. you kids! Get off my lawn!"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why does the televised broadcast media insist on showing that tight shot of someone smoking a cigarette or marijuana anytime the story pertains to smoking or marijuana use?

And it’s always someone who looks like they haven’t showered in a week. 

• Haha (+1) 1

As we've seen in CA, the fun part of ignoring pot legally is those who smoked it behind closed doors will now be free to do it wherever you can smoke a cigarette.

How cool to be at a football game, grab your joint and head to the smoking section to fire it up with absolutely no issue?

You guys are gonna love the freedom. Just love it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

As we've seen in CA, the fun part of ignoring pot legally is those who smoked it behind closed doors will now be free to do it wherever you can smoke a cigarette.

How cool to be at a football game, grab your joint and head to the smoking section to fire it up with absolutely no issue?

You guys are gonna love the freedom. Just love it.

You can actually smoke in public places?

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You can actually smoke in public places?

No you cannot at all places in California. It has to be a place that is 420 friendly 

Legally you cannot just walk outside in public and fire up a doobie next to some strangers or kids

gotta be a smoking lounge, restaurant, a festival in public is OK but there are rules 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No you cannot at all places in California. It has to be a place that is 420 friendly 

Legally you cannot just walk outside in public and fire up a doobie next to some strangers or kids

gotta be a smoking lounge, restaurant, a festival in public is OK but there are rules 

Sure..all it takes is a little common sense but I'm sure folks bend the rules.Much like Ontario with beer..they don't allow public consumption but go to the little "baby hole" beach by the PB in Ft.Erie and people (mostly Americans)are pounding them .

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I would imagine that all public places off limits to tobacco in NY will also be off limits for pot.  So no restaurant, movie theater, etc. for NY citizens who wish to smoke pot.  Otherwise tobacco smokers will sue.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Legally you cannot just walk outside in public and fire up a doobie next to some strangers

Isn't that the reason why the county is trying to shut down Club Marcella...

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Isn't that the reason why the county is trying to shut down Club Marcella...

Not exactly sure I don’t frequent the place ? not my type of club lol

BUT I know that the cops shut it down early the other day because lots of fights have been breaking out 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not exactly sure I don’t frequent the place ? not my type of club lol

BUT I know that the cops shut it down early the other day because lots of fights have been breaking out 

Really...must have been a lot of slapping going on.

I kid....