Buffalo is about to go up in Smoke

Buffalo716

Pot will be legal everywhere in the country in the not-too-distant future.

I have been watching "Ozark" on Netflix and the show featured a homosexual relationship between an undercover FBI agent and a redneck who was in the closet.  Scenes showed the 2 going at it and kissing and what not.

20 years ago that would simply hot have existed on American TV.  Now it does and it's not really a big deal.

These sorts of cultural nuances shift with the passage of time.

Pot being legal and "no big deal" is going to be next.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pot will be legal everywhere in the country in the not-too-distant future.

I have been watching "Ozark" on Netflix and the show featured a homosexual relationship between an undercover FBI agent and a redneck who was in the closet.  Scenes showed the 2 going at it and kissing and what not.

20 years ago that would simply hot have existed on American TV.  Now it does and it's not really a big deal.

These sorts of cultural nuances shift with the passage of time.

Pot being legal and "no big deal" is going to be next.

Cuomo will only make it legal here if there is a gun grab with it ... that is his plan 

not just legal weed... you go to a dispensary, you turn in your guns... that’s what he wants 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cuomo will only make it legal here if there is a gun grab with it ... that is his plan 

not just legal weed... you go to a dispensary, you turn in your guns... that’s what he wants 

Huh?

Is this really what things are like back NY/ America right now, or are you just a nutter?

Nothing coming out of the US surprises me anymore.

As for the weed thing..  good!

Edited by Bad Things
Typo
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Huh?

Is the really what things are like back NY/ America, or are you a nutter?

Nothing coming out of the US surprises me anymore.

As for the weed thing..  good!

No I’ve read he wants a gun grab in the bill

and im obviously pro 2nd amendment 

and yes NYS is a cesspool... where they love to kill babies 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I’ve read he wants a gun grab in the bill

and im obviously pro 2nd amendment 

and yes NYS is a cesspool... where they love to kill babies 

New York State isn't a cesspool, for Pete's sake.   I was born and raised there.

Also, WTF with the baby killing thing?

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

New York State isn't a cesspool, for Pete's sake.   I was born and raised there.

Yea well I still live here and overall it’s a shi** State.. 

buffalo is my home and I love it and I’ll die here... but our politicians screwed this place up...

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Late term and post birth abortion bills passed

Exactly. Hell on earth 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I know people that have moved out of Buffalo for lower taxes and warmer weather...then when they get older and sick..they move back to suck off of Medicaid.

Scumbags.

the state is a cesspool and a charity organization...all on the shoulders of the tax payers...not to mention..unions have destroyed the state.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I haven’t been following this whole legalization thing that closely but from what I could find with a quick search I couldn’t find anything about gun control being linked to the marijuana legalization.

The only thing I really saw about new gun control was a “red flag” bill Cuomo wants to introduce that would prevent those who show signs of being a threat to themselves or others from buying guns. 

Here are the links I found laying out legalization: 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/weed-new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-legalize-780577/

And here are a couple more that cover legalization and/or what you need to know about thr state budget: 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2019/01/15/new-york-state-budget-what-you-need-know/2582045002/

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/politics/state-of-the-state-gov-cuomo-pushes-marijuana-legalization-new-gun-laws/1704260559

Here is the entire 2019 agenda. 

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-outlines-2019-justice-agenda-time-now

This is the only part I could find pertaining to any type of gun control -

Creating a Safer New York

Establish Extreme Risk Protection Orders to Save Lives: Governor Cuomo will continue to champion the Red Flag Bill, also known as the Extreme Risk Protection Order Bill, which would prevent individuals determined by a court to have the potential to cause themselves or others serious harm from purchasing, possessing, or attempting to purchase or possess any type of firearm, including handguns, rifles, or shotguns. This legislation builds on New York's strongest-in-the-nation gun laws, and, if passed, would make New York the first state to empower its teachers and school administrators to prevent school shootings by pursuing court intervention.

Extend the Background Check Waiting Period: Governor Cuomo continues to support legislation to establish a 10-day waiting period for individuals who are not immediately approved to purchase a firearm through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Ban Bump Stocks: Governor Cuomo will advance legislation to close existing statutory loopholes to prohibit ownership or sale of a bump stock. As evidenced by the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, bump stocks can be equipped to semi-automatic weapons to simulate machine gun fire with deadly consequences. Bump stocks serve no legitimate purposes for hunters or sportsmen and only cause unpredictable and accelerated gun fire, and there is no reason to allow for their continued sale in New York State.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Late term and post birth abortion bills passed

I'm Catholic and Pro-Life but I can understand Albany's way of thinking,of course ,it's about money.The Social Service offices see the same women come in so they can "" update" their status...meaning mom got drunk at a party,got laid and has no idea who the baby's daddy is.Meanwhile...daddy is living with her and the 4 other fatherless children in a subsidized apartment that's in her name.....not to mention eating food that she "buys" with use of her taxpayer funded EBT card.children=money.

Again...

Scumbags.

Edited by Misterbluesky

Also, I have not followed this abortion thing closely either. But here is what I found with another quick search. 

here is a link that lays out everything in the new abortion bill. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/

Q: Does the new New York law allow full-term abortions?

A: The law permits abortions after 24 weeks if a health care professional determines the health or life of the mother is at risk, or the fetus is not viable.

In other words, women may choose to have an abortion prior to 24 weeks; pregnancies typically range from 38 to 42 weeks. After 24 weeks, such decisions must be made with a determination that there is an “absence of fetal viability” or that the procedure is “necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.” That determination must be made by a “health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized” under state law, “acting within his or her lawful scope of practice.”

As far as post birth abortions -

The RHA removes abortion from the state’s penal code altogether; the homicide statute still defines a “person” as “a human being who has been born and is alive.” Killing a baby once born was and is still considered a homicide.

“Modern abortion techniques do not result in live birth; however, in the great unlikelihood that a baby was born alive, the medical provider and team of medical support staff would provide all necessary medical care, as they would in the case of any live birth,” he wrote in an email. “The RHA does not change standard medical practices. To reiterate, any baby born alive in New York State would be treated like any other live birth, and given appropriate medical care. This was the case before the RHA, and it remains the case now.”

Just to be clear, I am not trying to debate abortion or its morality in any way.

I am Just looking at what the new law says. 

27 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I haven’t been following this whole legalization thing that closely but from what I could find with a quick search I couldn’t find anything about gun control being linked to the marijuana legalization.

The only thing I really saw about new gun control was a “red flag” bill Cuomo wants to introduce that would prevent those who show signs of being a threat to themselves or others from buying guns. 

Here are the links I found laying out legalization: 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/weed-new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-legalize-780577/

And here are a couple more that cover legalization and/or what you need to know about thr state budget: 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2019/01/15/new-york-state-budget-what-you-need-know/2582045002/

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/politics/state-of-the-state-gov-cuomo-pushes-marijuana-legalization-new-gun-laws/1704260559

Here is the entire 2019 agenda. 

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-outlines-2019-justice-agenda-time-now

This is the only part I could find pertaining to any type of gun control -

IF true that would be fine and dandy...

but I don’t trust cuomo and he has talked about Federal Law which doesn’t allow for gun ownership by drug users in the past

(cannabis users = drug users to him) he just wants to be re elected 

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

IF true that would be fine and dandy...

but I don’t trust cuomo and he has talked about Federal Law which doesn’t allow for gun ownership by drug users in the past

(cannabis users = drug users to him) he just wants to be re elected 

I don’t see any possible way that they are going to make someone who wants to buy cannabis at the store turn in the guns. That would be almost impossible. 

This isn’t a subject I have researched but as far as the laws you are mentioning, I believe you may be talking about a federal law that bans felons from owning guns.

Not low level drug users with drug violations or misdemeanors, only if it’s a felony drug conviction. And I believe it applies to all felonies, not just drug related ones. 

Also, IIRC, I believe there may be something about if guns are present with illegal drug sales but I’m not sure.

Those laws wouldn’t apply to legal sales though, or small legal purchases from a store. 

I believe there is also a law that if you have an illegal cannabis grow plus guns that you can recieve additional, steeper charges. But again, I don’t see how that would really apply to legal, licensed cannabis businesses. 

I may be wrong but I don’t know of any law that bans people with lower level drug convictions from having guns. In fact, I have a friend in NY state who has a drug conviction and still owns (legal) guns. 

Edited by BillsFan4