No in 2016, Yes in 2020

The_Dude

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43555/erickson-pagan-politics-post-christian-america-erick-erickson

Personally I find Eric Erickson to be a ginormous douche. Like he’s DCTom level douche. 

But like Tom, Erickson can be right, and he is more often than not. 

I didnt vote for Trump in 2016 because I don’t respect draft dodgers. Trump should have felt lucky to have had Nam. He had a chance to fight and that’s a sacred, special thing. But he turned into a girl and wouldn’t go. 

Nonetheless, he has my support and will have my vote in 2020. Why the change of heart? Pretty much the same reasons as Erickson. 

Actually, I'll vote for him in '20 even though I did not in '16 as well.  Nothing to do with whiny Evangelicals (they can abort all the future Democrats and welfare recipients they want IMO), but given the choice between a distasteful guy with generally sound and reasonable policy (98% of the crying from the left is completely manufactured bs), or the far-left whack-job show we will be offered as an alternative, I'd say it's a pretty easy choice.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Actually, I'll vote for him in '20 even though I did not in '16 as well.  Nothing to do with whiny Evangelicals (they can abort all the future Democrats and welfare recipients they want IMO), but given the choice between a distasteful guy with generally sound and reasonable policy (98% of the crying from the left is completely manufactured bs), or the far-left whack-job show we will be offered as an alternative, I'd say it's a pretty easy choice.

There's no doubt about it, Trump's policies are the right ones. His bluster means nothing as it pertains to our individual lives, other than the comedy it brings.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Here is Erickson's original article about switching to Trump, I had posted it in the Walkaway thread, it is more direct than the article Dude posted.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, B-Man said:

One of the original and most vocal members of #NeverTrump, Erick Erickson, announced his intentions as far as Trump is concerned in 2020 and you could say it made a big impression on Twitter.

-5NFgf2e_normal.jpgErick Erickson
Three years ago this week, I declared myself #NeverTrump in 2016. Today, I'm endorsing President Trump and Vice President Pence for re-election in 2020 and am glad to help them on the trail as needed during Campaign 2020. https://buff.ly/2WUiLYw 

In the accompanying article, he points out that it is not that his opinion of Trump has changed that much, but that the democrats, liberals, progressives, media's horrible behavior and their plans for this country, make it impossible to vote for them.

i didn't vote for him in 2016 and i likely won't vote for him in 2020

I live in the reliably blue state of Virginia, dominated by swamp creatures to the north.  if the old dominion is in a 2020 tossup category then Trump has already won

however in in the unlikely event that my job were to relocate to somewhere like pennsylvania, wisconsin, michigan, florida, or ohio; I would likely reconsider

• Like (+1) 1

hmmm... this raises an interesting thought here.

i wonder if the Dems view one of the side benefits to the of all their #orangemanbad, #russiacollusion, #impeach and #whathaveyou crap, is that it is going to allow them to come right out of the closet and bare their soul completely. they probably figure now is the best time to lay it bare for all the world to see. the orangemanissobad, that the plebs will flock to us no matter what our platform. 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is going to be beaten and beaten badly. Then he will face justice.

So go ahead and vote for the loser, it ain't going to help him. ?

Depends who the democratic nominee is. Only Bernie or Biden can win. And they’ll both be attacked by the racist left for being white. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is going to be beaten and beaten badly. Then he will face justice.

So go ahead and vote for the loser, it ain't going to help him. ?

Heard the same thing in 2016, yet he got over 300 electoral votes, he may end up with more in 2020, if he wins again, are you moving to Canada?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Shouldn't the GOP nominate a different person?

Trump is dumping on the constitution, believing in Putin rather than the US's intelligence community, incompetent, unpopular, a bad deal maker and has nothing left to run on.

Well, we (the GOP) really wanted to nominate a wise, intelligent person who could lead us forward with their powerful dialogue and deeply grasped understanding of reality, but we heard you weren't available... 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Well, we (the GOP) really wanted to nominate a wise, intelligent person who could lead us forward with their powerful dialogue and deeply grasped understanding of reality, but we heard you weren't available... 

Ha! You can't think of any other Republican that can be a good president? Criminal Trump is the best you can come up with??