LeSean McCoy

After Clay's Release, Do You Think Lesean McCoy is next?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What happens with McCoy now?

• Yes. His days as a Bill are numbered. Release is inevitable.
    • He still has trade value. So trade him (to, say, Philly) this off-season.
    • No. There is still gas left in the tank. So keep him as a Bill for the coming season.

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

McCoy isn’t good at consistently gaining yards. His big play ability has diminished. I’d trade him, over bring him back to be a 3rd down back.

• Too true Dr.      Yes I say.?
Edited by Turk71

9 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

The wall of what?  If you take exception to my observations on his character how am I wrong?  Are you the same guy that said he was worth a 2nd round pick around the trade deadline?  I'd expect a little more tangible content from a +964.   

I see you are from Philly : )

I respect both points of view.
Going to roll with whatever McBeanes decide.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hey they have Anderson on the roster & i would say that he is more of a waste of cash & a roster spot than having Shady, with the hire of the new QB coach i think Anderson is expendable because he will be just another set of eyes on the side line & may never see the field .

In Shady's case he still has worth to the rookies they bring in because it looks given the RB's in this draft that the Bills will pick up another rookie to be a replacement for Shady & he can help on & off the field with his experience & be the veteran in the room . 

Shady has been pretty much a model team mate the only reason that i see them getting rid of him is if his off the field issues become a problem & any truth to him being the guy that his ex says he is then i see McD releasing him & moving on but if that doesn't happen i see him hanging in there unless of coarse Bean puts together some unreal deal & schmoozes some team into a deal like they made for Hughes you never know with Bean ... 

I didn't vote because I don't like the wording of the options but I think Shady is back unless he shows up to training camp and really appears to have lost a step.  He's a team captain and because of the Bills' suddenly healthy cap situation his salary this year is of no concern.  If they bring in another RB who can handle a decent workload Shady could become a demon in the passing game.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn't vote because I don't like the wording of the options but I think Shady is back unless he shows up to training camp and really appears to have lost a step.  He's a team captain and because of the Bills' suddenly healthy cap situation his salary this year is of no concern.  If they bring in another RB who can handle a decent workload Shady could become a demon in the passing game.

Did any other team captains get benched for disciplinary reasons last season? I’m sure it happened somewhere else?

I will dig around for an answer unless someone else has it. If McCoy does play another year would he again be a captain? 

I think his value on the field with us next year vastly outweighs any trade value which I have to imagine is pretty much nothing. He still showed a handful of impressive runs from time to time probably best served as a limited carry backup role.

He probably should be more effective than last year if JA makes more of an effort being decisive in his checkdown game and expands his passing skillset. JA needs to throw it quick if he doesn't like his read and sees an easy 5 yard gain to Shady for a chance at more. Foles has caught my eye in being excellent at picking apart with checkdown gashes before throwing a bomb when he sees it these last 2 years.

The Bills don’t need any more cap space so Shady isn’t hurting them there. It’ll be up to Daboll to figure out the best way to utilize his skill set in what’ll almost surely be his last year. Running him up the middle on first and second down isn’t the answer.

Shady not only has a little something left in the tank, he is a seasoned LEADER for this young team.

It seems like he was credited with helping to Foster turn around.

McBeane loves them TEAM LEADERS.