2019 Draft Hypothetical Go Big !! Call Me Crazy But the Cards Should Do This .

T master

7 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Please let Rosen go to the Patriots.  That would be fantastic, he is nothing close to Brady and with the sub-par weapons on their roster he will totally su**

As a Bills fan I can only hope.

Can u imagine if it happened, 3 of the 5 qb's drafted in 1st rd of 18' draft would be in AFC east. And all 5 playing in AFC.. if that QB class lives up to the hype it would be great competition and a fun AFC for years to come

Edited by Bills4life1924

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Saying Rosen is a failed experiment is like saying the bread has failed because it hasn't risen ... before you put it in the oven. Way way way way too early. With maybe two or three more way's.

That is the logical, sane, and well thought-out way rookies should be evaluated, but this is the NFL and there is a regime change so all "Cards" are on the table - lame joke I know.

I think they would have more success building around and better supporting Rosen, but there are more than a few teams that prefer investing in more mobile QB's that can help them win NOW and disguise all the warts they have with protections, receivers getting open, etc... Longer term I think the better defenses in the NFL figure out how to bottle up those QBs and they struggle throwing from the pocket.

I think Murray will be very susceptible to that kind of defensive approach considering his height and size, but you never know.

Kyler Murray is no Baker Mayfield if what your looking for is a rookie with the type of demonstrated ability to start, let alone shine, on an NFL playing field. Baker showed that he could go through his progressions, throw his receivers open, hitting them with pinpoint accuracy. It is irrelevant that Murray put up even more impressive passing stats in Lincoln Riley's offence. Murray is for now pretty much a see it/throw it passer. And he's small, like Flutie small. Being a dual threat QB is great but you have to execute consistently from the pocket. Will he be able to see/find the passing lanes the way Brees and Wilson can, both of whom, already smaller QBs, are taller than he is? Nobody knows. If you worry, quite reasonably, about preserving Josh Allen's body, well....

I will be more amused than surprised if some QB needy team blows it's brains out moving up to take him early in the first or a team like the Dolphins take him with their first pick. He's a another second round prospect at best who will go in the first.

Murray has great tools but he needs to be developed to execute in an offensive scheme designed for him. I don't think Zona takes him but it would be hilarious to see them trade down because some team thinks they're looking at Baker Mayfield.

Edited by starrymessenger

19 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Kyler Murray is no Baker Mayfield if what your looking for is a rookie with the type of demonstrated ability to start, let alone shine, on an NFL playing field. Baker showed that he could go through his progressions, throw his receivers open, hitting them with pinpoint accuracy. It is irrelevant that Murray put up even more impressive passing stats in Lincoln Riley's offence. Murray is for now pretty much a see it/throw it passer. And he's small, like Flutie small. Being a dual threat QB is great but you have to execute consistently from the pocket. Will he be able to see/find the passing lanes the way Brees and Wilson can, both of whom, already smaller QBs, are taller than he is? Nobody knows. If you worry, quite reasonably, about preserving Josh Allen's body, well....

I will be more amused than surprised if some QB needy team blows it's brains out moving up to take him early in the first or a team like the Dolphins take him with their first pick. He's a another second round prospect at best who will go in the first.

Murray has great tools but he needs to be developed to execute in an offensive scheme designed for him. I don't think Zona takes him but it would be hilarious to see them trade down because some team thinks they're looking at Baker Mayfield.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2080032/baker-mayfield

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2180829/kyler-murray

Edited by T master

On 2/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, T master said:

Although this has nothing to do with our beloved Bills team i was wondering after reading a couple of articles if this scenario could play out in this years draft which would or could be one big OMG moment that could put this draft down as one for the ages .

With a bunch of teams looking for a franchise QB this year due to injury or cap cuts due to a lot of cash due to a player that hasn't proven to be more than a average QB in the NFL , if you were the Cards would you pull off a big trade ignorer to get a hyped QB & the possibility of 2 number one picks ?

Arizona sits at number 1 & last year had picked their franchise QB in the draft but that HC is now gone, now in this years draft while sitting at #1 a heisman trophy winning QB in Kyler Murray that is as good as his predecessor Baker Mayfield (which was this yrs ROTY) in most every way is there for the taking .

With some teams in desperate need of a QB NYG at 6, Jacksonville at #7, Miami at #13, & Washington at #15, do you think any of these teams might be willing to trade for one Josh Rosen for their first round pick in order to get a possible franchise QB of the future for a rookie contract ? I know the for the Giants a #6 might be a bit high but the Cards might give back another say 3rd round pick & Jacksonville with the cluster F that they have with their QB & the $$ tied up there they may be tempted to do the same .

But this sets up with the talk of the Fins getting rid of Tanehill & given what has happened with Washington to Smith and given Snyders past with going big or go home moves this might be the perfect spot & yr for this to happen .

Arizona is not only sitting in the drivers seat as far as the first over all pick but if Kingsbury which at one point raved about Murray is one of the coaches of the future & has any guts would make this happen not only to give his team a great player for the future but the possibility of 2 first round picks either this yr or 2 in another draft, talk about a first yr HC making his mark in the NFL even if he did fall on his face this move would be one for the ages !! 

Go big or go home Kingsbury !!  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018077/article/cardinals-should-deal-josh-rosen-pick-kyler-murray-in-nfl-draft

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/10/18176792/kliff-kingsbury-kyler-murray-2019-nfl-draft-no-1-overall-good-news-kliff

Call me crazy but Peter Schrager has had the same thought as i did back in Feb when i originally wrote this. The cards would be foolish to let this opportunity go by & be sitting with 2 QB's like the Redskins did a few yrs ago. 

With all the teams looking to add a QB weather it be for need because of a aging QB or because of injury or heck just to acquire future draft picks this is nothing but a win, win for the Cards If Kingsbury & the GM are half the football people that they were hired to be they will make this happen !!

Sorry didn't know any other way to bring this back up & looks like i screwed up on it ...:huh:

Edited by T master

On 2/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

Mayfield>Murray

Darnold>Murray

Allen>Murray

Cool but irrelevant.  If Kliff thinks Murray>Rosen then how could you not make the move.  Or the cards could get real saucy, trade Rosen and the first overall pick, move back and take one of the other qbs.  Dumb but hey

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Cool but irrelevant.  If Kliff thinks Murray>Rosen then how could you not make the move.  Or the cards could get real saucy, trade Rosen and the first overall pick, move back and take one of the other qbs.  Dumb but hey

I talk a lot of crap concerning Rosen because I dont care for SJWs but if he can keep his focus on football he can beva good QB.  Considering the line he played behind was just as bad as ours if not worse he played pretty well and did grow as the year went on.  Do you trade someone that seems to be able to play at the NFL level for an unknown Rookie.

Dont tell anyone I said good things about Rosen though.?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I talk a lot of crap concerning Rosen because I dont care for SJWs but if he can keep his focus on football he can beva good QB.  Considering the line he played behind was just as bad as ours if not worse he played pretty well and did grow as the year went on.  Do you trade someone that seems to be able to play at the NFL level for an unknown Rookie.

Dont tell anyone I said good things about Rosen though.?

Your secrets safe here, I think hes a noodle armed cutler wannabe jabroni too so.  Kliff said a couple months ago he'd take Murray#1 in a second.  Lets hope hes a man of his word

Nobody is trading a top 10 pick for Rosen after spending a whole season sucking.  He has value,  but its not top 10 value.  I doubt they get a first for him.  

I mean they badly need a QB, invested a top 10 pick last year in him, and now trading him?  What team is going to think he’s worth a top 10 pick if the team who spent a top 10 pick on him last year is already going to move on?

Prediction:  Cards WILL take Murray.  I do think they are.  But they will either keep Rosen this year to let the two battle it out like Brees vs Rivers, Aikman vs Walsh and trade the loser of the competition next year or they will trade him this year and get back likely a 2nd round pick, but not a first.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, GunnerBill said:

The people writing Rosen off already are fools. The Cardinals are not taking Kyler Murray. 

Kingsbury was hired because of his fit with Rosen. No other reason. If he can't develop Rosen he is out of a job. 

I think you may be wrong about this one, GB.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nobody is trading a top 10 pick for Rosen after spending a whole season sucking.  He has value,  but its not top 10 value.  I doubt they get a first for him.  

I mean they badly need a QB, invested a top 10 pick last year in him, and now trading him?  What team is going to think he’s worth a top 10 pick if the team who spent a top 10 pick on him last year is already going to move on?

Prediction:  Cards WILL take Murray.  I do think they are.  But they will either keep Rosen this year to let the two battle it out like Brees vs Rivers, Aikman vs Walsh and trade the loser of the competition next year or they will trade him this year and get back likely a 2nd round pick, but not a first.  

Excellent post. I agree. If you don't believe in the QB you have, and if you have the #1 overall pick, and if there is a draftable QB that you truly believe in, you draft that QB.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Since we are in prediction mode:

1.  Cards draft Murray.

2.  Rosen traded to Pats for 2nd or 3rd round pick.

3.  Cards GM and coach fired in 3 years after Murray busts.

4.  Rosen busts in NE, descent begins.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Well, first I live in Tampa for over 20 years so of course I’m a Bucs fan, but make no mistake I bleed Red White and Royal Blue and grew up on South Park Ave. and went to St. Francis.  I just wanted to clear up for anyone else I’m not a Bucs fan on a Bills website.  

The only time Im in conflict is once every four years and every eight years I have my Bills jersey on in the Bucs home game.

As far as #5 it’s a toss up.  They a,ready have a highly productive offense as stated above, but have the pics to pick the top CB in the draft or OLB.  I know they invested in defense last year, but I would keep putting resources throughout the draft on defense like I hope we invest heavily in offense.

It’s too bad the Bucs only have $15 mil in cap space and maybe they move on from McCoy, but hope not as he is $13 mil on the cap.  If that does happen, I can see them reach for AB.  He was a stud under Arians in the past, and responds well to him.  The team could make it happen if they want move things around with their cap.  I can’t even imagine a team with AB, Mike Evans, OJ woward and company with a solid O Line.  If Winston can’t make it happen and take another step forward, they’ll cut him and start again.

Totally hypothetical, but a Bills defense including coaching and a Bucs offense, and we would have given the Pats a run for their money.  Not that they would win, but they would have been phenomenal games.

Most people don’t watch the Bucs up north and understood, but they were dynamic on offense.  So there is my answer, but the draft is a crap shoot as we don’t even know who each team picks up in the first and second round of free agency.  Bowles proved to be a better DC in Arizona, vs. Smith who made things too complicated.

Anyway, although I made a comment on the Bucs, I know we are here to discuss the Bills.  I appreciate you’re question and a Trey White CB is desperately needed down here.

But if you’re a Bucs fan, how can you bleed red white and royal blue? As you’re a Bucs fan.

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

But if you’re a Bucs fan, how can you bleed red white and royal blue? As you’re a Bucs fan.

Jay don’t be a putz.  Lots of posters are loyal to their team of origin, but when you live half of you’re life in Tampa starting with 5 days before the Bills Giants SB, you can have an AFC and an NFC team.  They only play each other every four years and every eight in Tampa.  I’ve worn my Bills jersey to every Tampa-Bills game and been to every one since 1991. If I remember the first t8me was in 93 and we won (Bills).

The Bills will always trump the Bucs, but just like Ice Bowl who is a class act roots for our Bills when we don’t play Green Bay.