2018 PFF Final Mock Draft

RPbillsfan

Just for fun this is who Pro Football Focus selected for the Bills in the 2018 mock draft completed 10 days before the draft

Round 1

Lamar Jackson

Leighton Vander Esche

Nick Chubb

Anthony Miller

Wyatt Teller

Brian O'Neil

Michael Dickson

Levi Wallace

Based on what we saw from our actual draft class vs the performance of the players listed above.  Would you prefer the actual or what we did.

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Just for fun this is who Pro Football Focus selected for the Bills in the 2018 mock draft completed 10 days before the draft

Round 1

Lamar Jackson

Leighton Vander Esche

Nick Chubb

Anthony Miller

Wyatt Teller

Brian O'Neil

Michael Dickson

Levi Wallace

Based on what we saw from our actual draft class vs the performance of the players listed above.  Would you prefer the actual or what we did.

Round 1

Jackson & Vander Esche

Round 2 

Chubb & Miller

Round 3

Teller and O'Neil

Round 4

Dickson

Round 5

Wallace

Picks in 6th and 7th traded

Absolutely Allen over Jackson.  I think both Edmunds and Vander Esche are both going to be muitiple time pro bowlers.  We ended up with Teller an Wallace.  O'Neil could have alleviated our need for a RT.  Chubb may have allowed the Bills to move off McCoy in this off-season, Dickson as punter, never would draft a punter.  Miller could have been the WR needed in this draft.  The actual draft produced a long-term slot corner in Johnson and Siran Neal could be that hybrid S/LB the Bills D wants and needs.

But it is an interesting comparison.

Well, according to this, we got two of those guys for incredible bargains.

I think Edmunds and LVE is splitting hairs at this point with a slight advantage to no-neck.

Allen over Jackson any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

i would kill to have Nick Chubb and Anthony Miller though...

8 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Absolutely Allen over Jackson.  I think both Edmunds and Vander Esche are both going to be muitiple time pro bowlers.  We ended up with Teller an Wallace.  O'Neil could have alleviated our need for a RT.  Chubb may have allowed the Bills to move off McCoy in this off-season, Dickson as punter, never would draft a punter.  Miller could have been the WR needed in this draft.  The actual draft produced a long-term slot corner in Johnson and Siran Neal could be that hybrid S/LB the Bills D wants and needs.

But it is an interesting comparison.

You draft punters when they make the pro bowl as a rookie. 5th round is high, but not if he is 10 year player. Matt Milano is the exception, not the rule for the 5th round. 

16 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Round 1

Lamar Jackson

Leighton Vander Esche

Nick Chubb

Anthony Miller

Wyatt Teller

Brian O'Neil

Michael Dickson

Levi Wallace

Round 1

Jackson & Vander Esche

Round 2 

Chubb & Miller

Round 3

Teller and O'Neil

Round 4

Dickson

Round 5

Wallace

Picks in 6th and 7th traded

The name difference at the very top is a No for me.

7 hours ago, GymShorts84 said:

You draft punters when they make the pro bowl as a rookie. 5th round is high, but not if he is 10 year player. Matt Milano is the exception, not the rule for the 5th round. 

it actually happens more often than you realise.  I forbid the Bills from trading their fifth rounders.

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The name difference at the very top is a No for me.

it actually happens more often than you realise.  I forbid the Bills from trading their fifth rounders.

I agree that 5th rounders become starters on occasion and have value, but I don’t hate the thought of  drafting a pro bowl punter, especially  after watching our train wreck at the position last year. I don’t think we have to worry about this because Corey B. Should be a solid option for the near future. 

While this is a good draft (I especially like the Anthony Miller pick) I just can’t get on board with Lamar as my future. So... pass. And I like Nick Chubb but he’s not so special that you can’t replicate him  if you properly evaluate the current group of FA and draft RBs. The bottom line is I don’t think the Bills make the playoffs with that draft class either. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

So they are saying that the Bills picked Teller at 65 when they actually picked him about 100 picks later...

I recall a few mocks that had Teller going 3rd round...

That was a nice later round pick up.

Jury still out on him.  He got worse as he played.  Hopefully works out