Best/Worst QB - Kelly/Van Pelt?

Nuncha

21 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And also just remember that Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Manziel, Brady Quinn et al, to name just a fraction of many more, were ALL deemed worthy of being picked in the 1st round as starting QB’s in the NFL by multiple staffs of multiple franchises whose jobs depended on hitting it on the mark. This is as much a speculative business as it is scientific. There will be mistakes, some glaring in fact. But I’m more interested in how McD and Beane react/respond to mistakes they’ve made along the way, than the fact that they made any in the first place. And so far I’m happy with the fact that they’ve owned them and then made necessary changes to address same, as opposed to doubling down and digging in, a la former regimes. 

Good post. Its a lottery and you win with more picks not less. I'd probably rate Ozzie Newsome as greatest draft talent evaluator and he has missed too.

I like that they moved on from KB and let the young guys get more reps when season was over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lazy article by a lazy author.  I still say if Kelly doesn't try to come back concussed against the Squeelers, AVP wins us that playoff game.  Dude just took the Bills the length of the field for a TD, but then Batman, er...., Kelly, insisted on coming back in, throwing two INTs to seal it up for the Squeelers.  Bills QB's worse than AVP, just off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Trentative

Billy Joe Neckbert

Kelly Holcomb

Gary Marangi

Bruce Mathison

Pickerman (he should be EVERYONE's choice for worst ever)

Rob "China Doll" Johnson

Dan Darragh

Joe Dufek

Brian Brohm

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

On 2/16/2019 at 8:09 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No, it’s not. Peterman made terrible decisions and he’s the second worst. They are both inconceivably bad. I wouldn’t want either one of them anywhere near my team. My opinion on which is worse is not wrong. It’s how I feel about it. Ej was a guy that couldn’t even set his feet in a way to throw the ball the same way twice. Peterman just made ridiculous decisions and it became overwhelming for him. Peterman will put the work in and get better and he will probably get another chance somewhere some day. Just thankfully never in Buffalo. EJ is a sore subject for a lot of Bills fans who wanted him to be great. This was a daily fight on the BBMB. Everyone always cried when I said how terrible he was then. I turned out to be dead on right about EJ but still to this day, people have to jump to his defense.

It is really hard to believe you think EJ was worse than Peterman.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No, it’s not. Peterman made terrible decisions and he’s the second worst. They are both inconceivably bad. I wouldn’t want either one of them anywhere near my team. My opinion on which is worse is not wrong. It’s how I feel about it. Ej was a guy that couldn’t even set his feet in a way to throw the ball the same way twice. Peterman just made ridiculous decisions and it became overwhelming for him. Peterman will put the work in and get better and he will probably get another chance somewhere some day. Just thankfully never in Buffalo. EJ is a sore subject for a lot of Bills fans who wanted him to be great. This was a daily fight on the BBMB. Everyone always cried when I said how terrible he was then. I turned out to be dead on right about EJ but still to this day, people have to jump to his defense.

I’m with ya man, tbh I was kind of embarrassed to say everything you threw out. I’ve never had the feeling, watching EJ every play, that a qb was so unnatural in the pocket. Like a slow motion car crash unfolding. Peterman=worst career. EJ=worst player 

Edited by BillsMafia13