Best/Worst QB - Kelly/Van Pelt?

Nuncha

28 minutes ago, Matty the Dustmop said:

One day as in life someone worse than Peterman and EJ will be thrown to the wolves and we will be able to start a whole new thread that will sound something like this ....this guy makes Peterman and EJ look like HOFers.....

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Don't honestly think I will be around THAT long.

I remember reading an article where they were trying to find a professional football QB who had worse stats than Peterman, they were going back to the leather helmet days. His performance was the stuff of legends.

This is the truth. He is statistically the worst ever. He isn’t just bad. NP is a different kind of terrible.

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Ej is the worst. Even with all the Peterman garbage, at least he can throw a football. Most of the time it goes to the other team but at least he physically understands how to throw it.  Ej Manuel was taken in the first round. He also was the first qb taken in an entire draft class. He has the worst and most inconsistent mechanics and footwork of any qb I have ever seen at the pro level. I could not believe he was a player in the league. That guy was a complete joke. The guys best game ever was probably his first. He never got even a little bit better and probably got significantly worse actually. That shows me he was just lazy. Even with all of the embarrassment surrounding Peterman...He still would give you something reminiscent of pro passer. Ej was like having a sprinkler system back there.

This post is the worst.  

It's 5 interceptions(and a fumble and another dropped potential pick six) in one half of football bad.

You should probably delete it........it's gonna' color the perspective of everything you post from here out.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This post is the worst.  

It's 5 interceptions(and a fumble and another dropped potential pick six) in one half of football bad.

You should probably delete it........it's gonna' color the perspective of everything you post from here out.

I’m not concerned. I have almost 2,000 posts in here and had 10,000 on the BBMB. Im right far more then I am wrong. I’m also not a 7 year old that thinks you can tell someone their opinion is wrong. I also used several thought out reasons to explain myself. I’m not sure why it’s so important for people to always agree on everything. I’m not going to delete anything. EJ was absolutely terrible. Peterman was a guy that never should have even been in position to start. They were both absolutely terrible. I just think all things considered, EJ was worse. I don’t need you to feel the same.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Literally every word of this is wrong.

Technically, not true...

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Ej is the worst. Even with all the   Peterman garbage  , at least he can throw a football. Most of the time it goes to the other team but at least he physically understands how to throw it.  Ej Manuel was taken in the first round. He also was the first qb taken in an entire draft class. He has the worst and most inconsistent mechanics and footwork of any qb I have ever seen at the pro level. I could not believe he was a player in the league. That guy was a complete joke. The guys best game ever was probably his first. He never got even a little bit better and probably got significantly worse actually. That shows me he was just lazy. Even with all of the embarrassment surrounding Peterman...He still would give you something reminiscent of pro passer. Ej was like having a sprinkler system back there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Anyone that says Peterman was better than EJ needs to check themself into an insane asylum.

It was not specifically stated whether we were talking preseason or regular season, to be fair. And no question NP kicked butt during training camp/preseasons ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

It takes one amazing organization to start NFL football games with Nathan Peterman and Jeff Tuel.  Think of that.  Two head coaches with completely different staffs thought these guys could play in the NFL.  

For all the McD defenders out there, just remember he chose Peterman to start on the road while in the playoff picture and then chose again him over a guy that had actual NFL success.  

On 2/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, Azucho98 said:

Just came across this article.  Apparently the writer never heard of, or saw Nathan Peterman play.  

https://thesportsdrop.com/the-best-worst-quarterback-in-each-nfl-teams-history/4/

Kelly and Collins wasnt great either

I believe it will be Allen/Peterman for us, its just that Allen isnt established yet on the national scene.

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It takes one amazing organization to start NFL football games with Nathan Peterman and Jeff Tuel.  Think of that.  Two head coaches with completely different staffs thought these guys could play in the NFL.  

For all the McD defenders out there, just remember he chose Peterman to start on the road while in the playoff picture and then chose again him over a guy that had actual NFL success.  

And also just remember that Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Manziel, Brady Quinn et al, to name just a fraction of many more, were ALL deemed worthy of being picked in the 1st round as starting QB’s in the NFL by multiple staffs of multiple franchises whose jobs depended on hitting it on the mark. This is as much a speculative business as it is scientific. There will be mistakes, some glaring in fact. But I’m more interested in how McD and Beane react/respond to mistakes they’ve made along the way, than the fact that they made any in the first place. And so far I’m happy with the fact that they’ve owned them and then made necessary changes to address same, as opposed to doubling down and digging in, a la former regimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:47 AM, 17years&waiting said:

This is a lazily written piece of click bait.  I'm sure the author didn't do much research.  I've been following the Bills since 98/99 and I wouldn't consider AVP the worst quarterback of the last 20 years even.  Brohm, Peterman, Rob Johnson, Tuel (in no particular order) were all worse than AVP.  Then, add in the initial 40 years of the Bills and you have many more horrible qbs.

Yeah the Bills have had more than their fair share of unimpressive, if not awful, QB play since Kelly’s retirement.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:08 AM, folz said:

Three words:

Billy Joe Hobert

(Not sure how the writer could have overlooked him considering he played in the same era as AVP.)

I don’t see how anyone could argue that Hobert was not the worst, but the numbers seem to back Marangi...

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/06/ranking-the-three-worst-qbs-in-buffalo-bills-history/

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Kelly and Collins wasnt great either

I believe it will be Allen/Peterman for us, its just that Allen isnt established yet on the national scene.

It would be something if Allen ended up > Kelly.  He certainly has the potential.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2019 at 10:09 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the expectations are clouding your judgement. EJ certainly was a massive disappointment but he wasn’t a worse player than Nate. It’s reasonable to say that you liked EJ less because he was projected to be a much better player. It’s impossible to argue that Peterman performed better (than literally anyone else). By statistical measures he is the worst QB of all-time.

Subjuctively speaking, stats aside, he was also the worst thing I’ve ever seen under center for buffalo. 

Ive never seen an NFL QB repeatedly panic and just  loft up jump balls.

Second closest I remember was Jeff Tuel vs Cleveland. 

Bills have fielded plenty of poor QBs, Peterman being Hands down the absolute worst. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

It would be something if Allen ended up > Kelly.  He certainly has the potential.

Sure would be something to be better

i would first hope for a decent 500 season first