Best/Worst QB - Kelly/Van Pelt?

Nuncha

Ej is the worst. Even with all the Peterman garbage, at least he can throw a football. Most of the time it goes to the other team but at least he physically understands how to throw it.  Ej Manuel was taken in the first round. He also was the first qb taken in an entire draft class. He has the worst and most inconsistent mechanics and footwork of any qb I have ever seen at the pro level. I could not believe he was a player in the league. That guy was a complete joke. The guys best game ever was probably his first. He never got even a little bit better and probably got significantly worse actually. That shows me he was just lazy. Even with all of the embarrassment surrounding Peterman...He still would give you something reminiscent of pro passer. Ej was like having a sprinkler system back there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yes, Jimbo hands down. When ‘the Best?’ is asked, just look at who may have been a 1st Ballot HOFer. If there’s one there, continue to Part II of the questionnaire. This is where the puzzle muddles. Dennis Shaw? ROY, out of the League in 5 years. Gary Marangi, Kay Stephenson, Bruce Mattheson, Hoebert, Todd Collins, Brian Brohm, Joe Dufek, EJ? Willie Toten??(I actually witnessed him beating the Champs in ‘87..) All good candidates, to be sure. Intermix decades of a plethora of middlings and you’re lost in the deep end.

For my money, it’s Ritchie Lucas, hands down. As soon as that experiment ended, we began a Championship run.

34 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, Jimbo hands down. When ‘the Best?’ is asked, just look at who may have been a 1st Ballot HOFer. If there’s one there, continue to Part II of the questionnaire. This is where the puzzle muddles. Dennis Shaw? ROY, out of the League in 5 years. Gary Marangi, Kay Stephenson, Bruce Mattheson, Hoebert, Todd Collins, Brian Brohm, Joe Dufek, EJ? Willie Toten??(I actually witnessed him beating the Champs in ‘87..) All good candidates, to be sure. Intermix decades of a plethora of middlings and you’re lost in the deep end.

For my money, it’s Ritchie Lucas, hands down. As soon as that experiment ended, we began a Championship run.

...pretty painful list to digest starting the weekend........

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a lazily written piece of click bait.  I'm sure the author didn't do much research.  I've been following the Bills since 98/99 and I wouldn't consider AVP the worst quarterback of the last 20 years even.  Brohm, Peterman, Rob Johnson, Tuel (in no particular order) were all worse than AVP.  Then, add in the initial 40 years of the Bills and you have many more horrible qbs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Ej is the worst. Even with all the Peterman garbage, at least he can throw a football. Most of the time it goes to the other team but at least he physically understands how to throw it.  Ej Manuel was taken in the first round. He also was the first qb taken in an entire draft class. He has the worst and most inconsistent mechanics and footwork of any qb I have ever seen at the pro level. I could not believe he was a player in the league. That guy was a complete joke. The guys best game ever was probably his first. He never got even a little bit better and probably got significantly worse actually. That shows me he was just lazy. Even with all of the embarrassment surrounding Peterman...He still would give you something reminiscent of pro passer. Ej was like having a sprinkler system back there.

Anyone that says Peterman was better than EJ needs to check themself into an insane asylum.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

This is a lazily written piece of click bait.  I'm sure the author didn't do much research.  I've been following the Bills since 98/99 and I wouldn't consider AVP the worst quarterback of the last 20 years even.  Brohm, Peterman, Rob Johnson, Tuel (in no particular order) were all worse than AVP.  Then, add in the initial 40 years of the Bills and you have many more horrible qbs.

I actually dont think RJ was worse than AVP. RJs problems were taking way too many sacks and constantly getting hurt. But he had some games where he put up good numbers and certainly was more productive than AVP. I wouldnt lump him in the same category as Brohm, Peterman and Tuel.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Statistically, peterman is the worst NFL QB in modern history.

So it's Kelly/Peterman.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Literally every word of this is wrong.

• Like (+1) 7

Horrible piece of click bait. Van Pelt did not take over Kelly in '94. Frank Reich was still on the team and took over. Idiot can't even get his facts straight. There have been some truly bad starting QBs for the Bills besides Peterman. Marangi was probably the worst of the 70s with Bruce Mathison being the worst of the 80s. I'd Give Todd Collins the award for the 90s. As for the last 2 decades? Take your pick!

Edited by GRHater69

42 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So it's Kelly/Peterman.

No, it’s not. Peterman made terrible decisions and he’s the second worst. They are both inconceivably bad. I wouldn’t want either one of them anywhere near my team. My opinion on which is worse is not wrong. It’s how I feel about it. Ej was a guy that couldn’t even set his feet in a way to throw the ball the same way twice. Peterman just made ridiculous decisions and it became overwhelming for him. Peterman will put the work in and get better and he will probably get another chance somewhere some day. Just thankfully never in Buffalo. EJ is a sore subject for a lot of Bills fans who wanted him to be great. This was a daily fight on the BBMB. Everyone always cried when I said how terrible he was then. I turned out to be dead on right about EJ but still to this day, people have to jump to his defense.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No, it’s not. Peterman made terrible decisions and he’s the second worst. They are both inconceivably bad. I wouldn’t want either one of them anywhere near my team. My opinion on which is worse is not wrong. It’s how I feel about it. Ej was a guy that couldn’t even set his feet in a way to throw the ball the same way twice. Peterman just made ridiculous decisions and it became overwhelming for him. Peterman will put the work in and get better and he will probably get another chance somewhere some day. Just thankfully never in Buffalo. EJ is a sore subject for a lot of Bills fans who wanted him to be great. This was a daily fight on the BBMB. Everyone always cried when I said how terrible he was then. I turned out to be dead on right about EJ but still to this day, people have to jump to his defense.

You're stating it as opinion and that's fine, but by ANY conceivable metric, Manuels was better than Peterman. So eyeball test aside, it just doesn't make one whole heck of a lot of sense.]

Jimbo #1? That was easy.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

You're stating it as opinion and that's fine, but by ANY conceivable metric, Manuels was better than Peterman. So eyeball test aside, it just doesn't make one whole heck of a lot of sense.]

Jimbo #1? That was easy.

Yeah I don’t think anybody will have anything to say about #1. Might be a fun argument for #2-5 though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Seriously, in what world is 52.3% completion, 9.2% INT rate, 3 TD, 12 INT, 4.2 Yards per Attempt and a 32.5 rating over 130 passes better than 58.3% COMP% / 2.7% INT% / 19TD / 15INT / 6.4YPA 77.5 over 547?

I don't care if he is throwing it like 50 Cent throwing out a first pitch, he's still better than Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Peterman is, statistically, the worst QB of the modern era.

EJ started and won games in this league. 

Peterman has never sniffed a performance that was 50% as good as EJ's game against the Jets in his rookie year.

I feel confident that 100% of the football watching world will disagree with you on this.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

So it's Kelly/Peterman.

This is where I was heading. He is literally the worst QB ever!!! There’s a lot of hyperbole to add other people around NP but he’s the answer. He is actually the worst QB to ever play.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Peterman is, statistically, the worst QB of the modern era.

EJ started and won games in this league. 

Peterman has never sniffed a performance that was 50% as good as EJ's game against the Jets in his rookie year.

I feel confident that 100% of the football watching world will disagree with you on this.

I don’t even care enough to argue about either of these guys. They are both disgraceful and I can’t believe they were both QBs that started games for us. Neither one of them belong in the NFL. I think EJ was worse but they both were abysmal. The expectations of being taken in round 1 and being the first qb taken in a draft class, probably adds weight in my mind. Things were expected of EJ whereas Peterman wasn’t ever supposed to be anything. That probably is something that skews my thought process. Disappointment.