Daboll should eliminate designed QB runs from our offense

2 hours ago, T master said:

I would hope that having the cannon that he has he will develop into a very dangerous pocket passer but have the run as a weapon only if he needs it & with that the opposition will always have to keep that in mind but this year may be different now that they have some tape on him & i would hate for him to get his bell rung & be out for a few games .

But he seemed to get better with sliding & i think even while in college running was part of his game mainly because his lack of a O line to protect him which was the same here last year !! 

I hope McBean can get that fixed & that too will help him to not have to run nearly as much .

Agree with most of this.

I do think "the pocket" was the least safe place for Josh last year, but also that he really needed to learn how to slide or step out-of-bounds.

At least with some space he could use his speed and ellusiveness to keep from getting plowed over.

That does not guarantee that some tool like Alonso won't still try to take your head off with a flying forearm/elbow.

Good thing the kid had his head on a swivel that play. Defensive players hate running QBs and the cheap shots will keep coming...if running and making linebackers and safeties look silly is going to stay a part of Josh's game he has to remain aware that sliding or going out of bounds is no guarantee he won't get hit.

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

There need to be a few to run once a season for each play.  Naked bootleg is one........bootleg at the one yard line is another.....as for RPO's, maybe not so much as Allen should develope into a classic pocket passer.

....good call bud.......he has the talent and surprising speed for a big guy....imagine a DB seeing him at 245 rumblin', bumlin' & stumblin' in their direction?......pick and choose his spots so that he can be the "franchise guy" LONG TERM.......outgaining Shady is asinine...........

15 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Ha the truth is somewhere between 2.9 and 10.  The OP is wildly misleading.

Only if you're you fill in the blank I don't want to get in trouble.

The title and OP said exactly what I intended.

Keep scrambles and short yardage runs, eliminate the rest.

If you struggled to understand that, seek help elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

it's not the OP's fault that he is misunderstood.. in just about all of his threads. seriously. 

Seems like most people understand the obvious, actually.

It's just the nurturer in me that can't leave behind those struggling to comprehend, much like the lover in you just can't quit me :wub:

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

HIs stats are so poor in the design run game because our o-line is so bad. Allen's natural athleticism takes over in the scrambles, it doesn't go away in the design runs, what happens there is his dependency on good blocking, the Bills don't have that.

Even with the best OL in the world, designed runs ask for your QB to get hit.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Ridiculous, his legs are another part of his arsenal that DC's have to adapt to much like Steve Young, John Elway, Mike Vick, it would be dumb to take that away from him.

The OP isn't opining to take his option to run away for him, he's talking about designed QB runs where the QB almost always takes a hit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Only if you're you fill in the blank I don't want to get in trouble.

The title and OP said exactly what I intended.

Keep scrambles and short yardage runs, eliminate the rest.

If you struggled to understand that, seek help elsewhere.

Seems like most people understand the obvious, actually.

It's just the nurturer in me that can't leave behind those struggling to comprehend, much like the lover in you just can't quit me :wub:

You’re not listening to me.  Of his 38 “designed runs,” how many were QB sneaks or plays designed to literally only get one yard?  I would venture to guess close to half of them.  

2 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You’re not listening to me.  Of his 38 “designed runs,” how many were QB sneaks or plays designed to literally only get one yard?  I would venture to guess close to half of them.  

Haven't separated them myself.

Rather than guess, go through and tell us. I know I'd be very interested. :thumbsup:

On 2/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

That's exactly what I mean.

When a QB scrambles, he has a lot more control over whether he gets hit or not.

LOL!!!!

its a fun thing to cheer your little heart out over until he gets so righteously clocked that he doesn’t wake up for a week, with all ligaments discovered by mankind torn in his right knee

And we told you so........