Who else will the Bills cut before Free Agency begins

RPbillsfan
Message added by Chandler#81

This topic is being discussed in many different threads. Please use the Search function before starting new threads.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In order of more to less likely:

Ducasse

Murphy

Ivory

Bodine

McCoy

Lotulelei

Nothing else to cut at this stage.

I'm thinking Ducasse soon and Ivory after the draft.  Bodine is a serviceable back-up, Murphy is an ok player, I'd give Murphy and Star another year and the s will be Shady's last year in Buffalo anyways

I think Ducasse, Trent Murphy, Ryan Groy, and Chris Ivory will end up cut.  Bodine is a serviceable backup at center.  McCoy will be here in the 2019 season and hopefully will be back to his old self with a new OL blocking scheme.  No way is Star going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Ducasse, Trent Murphy, Ryan Groy, and Chris Ivory will end up cut.  Bodine is a serviceable backup at center.  McCoy will be here in the 2019 season and hopefully will be back to his old self with a new OL blocking scheme.  No way is Star going anywhere.

I believe Groy is a free agent

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Groys already gone.  Murphy is an interesting choice because 2.5 mil of his salary becomes guaranteed on 3/17.  

Free agency basically starts the 11th though - so they at least get a chance to replace him before they theoretically cut him.

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Groys already gone.  Murphy is an interesting choice because 2.5 mil of his salary becomes guaranteed on 3/17.  

Free agency basically starts the 11th though - so they at least get a chance to replace him before they theoretically cut him.

Thanks, wasn't aware that Groy is gone.  IMO, all the more reason to cut Murphy.  Supposedly this upcoming draft is heavy with DLine talent, so I can see them drafting an edge rusher, along with a DT.

18 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'm thinking Ducasse soon and Ivory after the draft.  Bodine is a serviceable back-up, Murphy is an ok player, I'd give Murphy and Star another year and the s will be Shady's last year in Buffalo anyways

Yeah I think they will quietly sign off on the $3M additional guarantee to Murphy and the $6M additional guarantee to Star Lotulelei on March 17th.

Cutting them would be a lot of pride to swallow.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yup its not like we have a bunch of holes to fill on Offense or anything.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I think they will quietly sign off on the $3M additional guarantee to Murphy and the $6M additional guarantee to Star Lotulelei on March 17th.

Cutting them would be a lot of pride to swallow.

Yup thats why they never cut Benjamin.  Oh wait...

Why would they cut Star after he came in and did exactly what his position calls for and exactly what they brough him in to do.  

Murphy also looked pretty good to me, hopefully another offseason will help him heal up from a serious injury that takes time to recover 100% from.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Ducasse was actually one of our better graded OL IIRC. I dont think any OL get cut til they are replaced.

Wasn't Ducasse a healthy scratch the last couple of games this past season?  He also has a $2M+ cap hit this season and $83K dead cap.  Not good enough to keep around, IMO.  I get it, there are holes to be filled and we don't necessarily want to make more holes, but I'd argue why fill holes with bad players...if he was graded as one of our better OLine players, it is not saying much for our Oline.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In order of more to less likely:

Ducasse

Murphy

Ivory

Bodine

McCoy

Lotulelei

Nothing else to cut at this stage.

You are smart enough to realize Star isn't getting cut. I'm with you that he may not bring quite enough bang for the buck, but I'd put the odds at zero.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Bills did Clay a favor by releasing him early... He wasn't going to be in the Bills plans and now he can seek out an opportunity elsewhere.

...agree 'Frosty....despite nagging injuries, guy did his best to be a gamer......just like Benjabum, Halftine Vontae and Anquan BoldBUM....Three Parasites....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy