Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

As predicted in most corners.  Glad they let him go prior to FA signing period as increases odds for him to possibly catch on with another team.

Solid citizen, nice talent with bad knees.

Agree with this but I also believe he lacked intensity.
And because of this and health I think he will/should retire. 

35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its amazing that some people still defend Tyrod. He was just awful. Missing guys every where and holding the ball forever. 

Just saw this stat though (not defending TT, just interesting)  - TT had 4 INTs in 2017. Two were accurate throws/dropped passes by Clay. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

We’ll agree to disagree.  Always skeptical of anyone on her who says “I know people in the NFL.”

Hey man, you can be skeptical of whatever you feel necessary. You can agree with me or not; I don’t really care. I promise that everything I’ve said is true. 

14 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah, this was bound to happen. I wonder if he'll get another shot somewhere else. His knees are just beat at this point.

Good NFL career. got paid.  then body crapped out on him.   time for him to fade out.   The thing I don't like about this is he played hurt when he should have stayed out or the coaches should have seen he was hurt and benched him a couple years ago

14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The most impact he ever made for the bills was the drop this year in Miami saving us 8 draft slots. Adios, bruh. 

Yeah, the only real memorable moment of his time in Buffalo. Seemed like a good teammate, but they have to get better at that position.

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Does anyone know the last time the bills drafted a tight end within the 1st 3 rounds? I feel like any tight end we've drafted recently is rounds 5-7

Man, was it Tony Hunter at 1 in 1983?

reuben Gant before that may have been a first rounder, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think Croom sucks pretty bad too. I'd totally remake the TE room. Sign a Kroft / James level FA, draft a kid and find an UDFA worth taking a punt on. 

‘sucks pretty bad’ is a tad harsh, GB. He was more dependable, quicker and made better catches than the starter -who sucked pretty bad. No, he’s not a finished product, but his game continues to improve. I’m fairly sure he makes the ‘19 club, unless we’re blown away by some unforeseen force. 

Then again, we have little to nothing historically to compare to. Is Ernie Warlick still available?

Clay had become marginallized tbh. McDermott looked after him pretty well, with days off practise etc. yet he became injury prone - and not just his knees.

His lack of consistency when catching the football, became a real issue. It's almost llike he was developing stone hands. Last season he was Robert Royal the 2nd. Ran his routes, blocked ok, got open, then dropped any pass that was worth catching.

As an aside, if Royal could've caught the football, he would have been far and away the best TE the Bills had had in years. There was a reason he was known as a blocking TE when we brought him in. ;(

• Like (+1) 1

Besides the aggravating from 1 out of 10 catches. Clay was the best pass cactching TE we have had in yesrs. It was fun watchijg him play. It pissed me off not having a passing attack to take advantage of how much a threat he could be paird with woods and goodwin.

Thanks for all the moments Charles Clay. You my ninja.

Dont let the salty Buffalo fans put ya down. Feel great bro. Go get paid somewhere else. If your knee wasnt so bad you could play another 7 years and still be good. Good luck broskie. Kick ass wherefer you land.

And *****.. GO BILLS!!!

Ps ill take sloeer dinged up charles clay over a healthy any other te weve had for the past 5 years.

Im lookin at you chandler

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just saw this stat though (not defending TT, just interesting)  - TT had 4 INTs in 2017. Two were accurate throws/dropped passes by Clay. 

One was in the opener vs jets at the goal line that was almost housed.  I can’t recall the other one.... I can, however, recall another drop where he got hit right in the hands, AGAIN, and dropped a huge td to end out the half in NE right before the KB “non-catch”. I still maintain a td at the end of the half there really could have changed the flow of that game. 

The only really big time clutch play I can recall from him was coming down with the deep ball in ATL last year. He generally came up small in big moments. I don’t think the team will miss him a bit. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty