Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

He was paid as a top 10 te but at this point is a 2te in an Hback role.  Makes sense.  There are a fair amount of draftable te this year.  I would like buffalo to bring in a vet and use a day 2 pick on one. I wouldn't be against picking one early if Buffalo is able to pick up an extra 2nd.

Edited by Mat68

7 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

People here are already saying “It wasn’t Whaley, it was Greg Roman that wanted Clay.”

Who could possibly imagine that a HC or OC would bring in a new offense and tell the GM what players he wants that are best for his scheme?! And then the GM would get a guy they want! OMG, the outrage!!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Are you serious!  O’Leary has a whopping 8 catches for 86 yards.  

Logan Thomas actually had more receptions.  I would agree that it’s time to turn the page on the Logan Thomas experiment but O’Leary is no great loss for the team.  

Not arguing he is a great loss, he is a third string tight end. I am arguing he is better than Logan Thomas and should have been kept over him. 

Thomas's 12 receptions for 77 yards were take him that 19 and over 100 yards for a career. O'Leary isn't very good but he is better than Thomas could ever be or will ever be. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not arguing he is a great loss, he is a third string tight end. I am arguing he is better than Logan Thomas and should have been kept over him. 

Thomas's 12 receptions for 77 yards were take him that 19 and over 100 yards for a career. O'Leary isn't very good but he is better than Thomas could ever be or will ever be. 

Seems like a silly argument over two very mediocre players 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I didn't read the entire thread but it should be remembered that Clay was brought in for a specific reason and offense, the one being designed by Greg Roman, which featured exactly the kind of player Clay was. Injuries hurt Clay, and Roman and his offense didn't ever get off the ground or last all that long. But Clay surely did not do as well as he should have, even playing in other styles. 

He had  2 years in a row with 50 catches and he had 49 in 2017

Its been a long time since a Bills TE did that.

With 8 years under his belt and turning 30 he just didn't have any more in those wonky knees.

Maybe he can sign with a team that plays on grass and get a year or two more as a blocker/check down type player. 

Edited by JMF2006

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s funny how many tweets there were about his drops while he was in Miami. Guess it’s no surprise he didn’t improve here. 

I still can't believe his degenerative knee condition didn't heal itself when he moved to Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1