Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Must mean we're drafting Hockenstein in the 1st round .... Hopefully after a trade back.

He's TJ Hockenson and I think he will measure out at 6'5", 255 and if he runs a 4.65 at the combine and shows explosive standing broad jump and vertical leap he will be a sure top 10 pick.

Charles Clay was decently productive.  Was he worth the money - probably not.  The man fought through injury after injury to find his way back on the field.  I 100% applaud and appreciate his effort here.  

The QB's we've rolled out onto the field since he's been here has been embarrassing.  We near the bottom of the league every year in passing offense and our problems have not been Charles Clay. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

Charles Clay was decently productive.  Was he worth the money - probably not.  The man fought through injury after injury to find his way back on the field.  I 100% applaud and appreciate his effort here.  

The QB's we've rolled out onto the field since he's been here has been embarrassing.  We near the bottom of the league every year in passing offense and our problems have not been Charles Clay. 

...good call on both points......

50 minutes ago, wppete said:

Good move. I wonder who they have in mind in Free agemcy. 

A couple guys make a lot of sense. 

Jesse James of the Steelers is probably my favorite.

Jeff Huereman of the Broncos is pretty good as well. 

Maxx Williams would be cool but I think he's more of a #2.

Tyler Higbee of the Rams is probably available via trade. He was drafted for Rob Boras when he was OC with the Rams and he currently serves as our tight ends coach. Rumors were the Rams wanted a sixth round pick for him. 

All young, bigger guys with upside. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A couple guys make a lot of sense. 

Jesse James of the Steelers is probably my favorite.

Jeff Huereman of the Broncos is pretty good as well. 

Maxx Williams would be cool but I think he's more of a #2.

Tyler Higbee of the Rams is probably available via trade. He was drafted for Rob Boras when he was OC with the Rams and he currently serves as our tight ends coach. Rumors were the Rams wanted a sixth round pick for him. 

All young, bigger guys with upside. 

Tyler Kroft and a few other guys make sense too. I like Demetrius Harris of the Chiefs as well, but he's long and lean, very similar to Croom. We need a guy who can block. 

This leaves Croom as the only contracted TE on the roster. Logan Thomas is an FA as well and I don't know if he showed the team enough for them to give him a new deal, unless they wanna bring him back to create competition. Solid year to be in the market for a TE, handful of good FAs and a great draft class. Someone mentioned Irv Smith and the 'Bama connection with Daboll and that makes a lot of sense. Whichever prospect compares the most to Greg Olsen is the guy I'd bet they go for.