Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-all-16-tight-ends-to-know-from-t-j-hockenson-to-tommy-sweeney/

Daboll has to have his eye on Irv Smith. He was always a reliable target at Bama. 

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I wish him well.  He was cursed with a big contract and couldn't live up to it.   

You can pretty much say that of most Free Agent signings.

21 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

In dont think its about the money so much as he could have put up better numbers else where.  According to a tweet I just read he was offered more by the Browns.

Numbers?...........what do you think he missed his chance at the HOF?   " If only I had those Browns QB's" :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Healthy scratch end of year said it all

No brainer move. He was never going to help Josh develop. Nor does he have any chance of haunting us. Now we can focus on finding a quality long term TE. He got his very generous big payday and doubt he signs for much anywhere else. What a waste.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

The previous FO "outfoxed" Miami by offering him a contact structured in a way that made it very difficult for Miami to match.

Then they celebrated when Miami didn't match it.

As Miami watched us shoot ourselves in the foot.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually think that Jason Croom is a good downfield receiver, and seems to go after the catch with some discernible talent.  

The Bills need to add, probably, a TE who can really block well, as well as be a receiving threat.  

I tend to believe that those assets are in the draft, on the first two days.  The Bills are pretty thin in so many areas so I do not know if they will be able to spend treasure for such an asset.

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

The previous FO "outfoxed" Miami by offering him a contact structured in a way that made it very difficult for Miami to match.

Then they celebrated when Miami didn't match it.

As Miami watched us shoot ourselves in the foot.

...100% correct......MAJOR backfire IMO....think they expected Fins to match and eat up cap space though....