Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Agreed. The contract seemed like the most anticipated stick in the eye. Everyone was excited and it gave us nothing

I didn’t dislike the guy (from what little I know) or the player, but his contract and his health were a bad match. Now, if he goes somewhere else and has some miraculous cure, I’ll be kinda ticked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As some others have already said the writing was on the wall with this one.

I'm still in the minority disappointed by this move though.  This was the first year that Clay was going to be worth his contract.  Even if 2018 wasn't his best year, it's hard to argue the Bills will be able to find someone better in FA for less than $4.5mil/year.  

3 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

As some others have already said the writing was on the wall with this one.

I'm still in the minority disappointed by this move though.  This was the first year that Clay was going to be worth his contract.  Even if 2018 wasn't his best year, it's hard to argue the Bills will be able to find someone better in FA for less than $4.5mil/year.  

Yeah - but you have to look at the actual cash.  We're eating 4.5 - but he already has that 4.5.   We're saving 4.5 in cash to get rid of him.  Not saying the Pegulas are in the poor house, but i wouldn't want to sign a bunch of game checks for millions of dollars to a straight up bum.