Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Shocker!

Conclusion of BYU’s investigation into alleged racial slur will NOT be picked up by media as fast as the original accusation (if at all)

shocked-620x330.jpg

Toward the end of last month the media was ablaze with a story about how a person in the stands at a volleyball game between Duke and Brigham Young University shouted a racial slur at a Duke player. The alleged shouted slur of course was passed along breathlessly by non-skeptical media outlets including “Good Morning America,” MSNBC, USA Today, and CNN. Campus police investigated and it soon became clear that the alleged incident never happened.

Today BYU announced the results of the university’s full investigation, and came to the same conclusion:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/09/09/shocker-conclusion-of-byus-investigation-into-alleged-racial-slur-will-not-be-picked-up-by-media-as-fast-as-the-original-accusation-if-at-all/

Of course it won't get the attention of the media and frankly I don't give a flip.  However kudos to BYU for doing the extensive research into the incident and offering up the results of their investigation. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course it won't get the attention of the media and frankly I don't give a flip.  However kudos to BYU for doing the extensive research into the incident and offering up the results of their investigation. 

Google "BYU" and filter on "News" and you'll see the story is being carried by Fox, CNN, Yahoo, ESPN, WaPo, MSN, SI....

11 minutes ago, yall said:

Google "BYU" and filter on "News" and you'll see the story is being carried by Fox, CNN, Yahoo, ESPN, WaPo, MSN, SI....

Yay!   🙄

Like I said I don’t give a flip. 

Now for the apology to the student banned for what it seems was no apparent reason. Guilty until proven innocent rears its ugly head again. 

52 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yay!   🙄

Like I said I don’t give a flip. 

Now for the apology to the student banned for what it seems was no apparent reason. Guilty until proven innocent rears its ugly head again. 

That would never happen. Of course I don't believe the media identified that person so if anyone owes them an apology it would be BYU for jumping the gun (although the media had a gun to their head).

But for someone who doesn't give a flip, you sure seem to care enough to chat about it. ;)

2 minutes ago, yall said:

That would never happen. Of course I don't believe the media identified that person so if anyone owes them an apology it would be BYU for jumping the gun (although the media had a gun to their head).

But for someone who doesn't give a flip, you sure seem to care enough to chat about it. ;)

I don't give a flip about the media coverage.  I do care about this whole racism thing were there is none.  And I meant the school owes the student an apology.  Again i don't care about the media so I also don't care about them issuing an apology or not.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't give a flip about the media coverage.  I do care about this whole racism thing were there is none.  And I meant the school owes the student an apology.  Again i don't care about the media so I also don't care about them issuing an apology or not.  

But absent the media coverage, the fake racism is effectively a non-issue. It's precisely the coverage of this nonsense that makes it seep into the public conscious and sows division. 

The problem exists because of the coverage, so if you care about the problem you should care about the cause.

7 minutes ago, yall said:

But absent the media coverage, the fake racism is effectively a non-issue. It's precisely the coverage of this nonsense that makes it seep into the public conscious and sows division. 

The problem exists because of the coverage, so if you care about the problem you should care about the cause.

No good point.  So I've changed my mind.  I give a HUGE ***** about the media coverage.  :D 

• Haha (+1) 1