Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx hires outside legal help in Jussie Smollett probe, won’t say how much it’s costing taxpayers

With election season in high gear, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx and her office have retained some high-powered legal assistance in the ongoing probe of Foxx’s controversial handling of the Jussie Smollett case.

Ruben Castillo, the former chief judge of the Northern District of Illinois and now a partner at the politically connected law firm Akerman, has been helping the state’s attorney’s office for the past three months to vet voluminous materials requested by special prosecutor Dan Webb.

In addition, Foxx has brought in well-known Washington, D.C., attorney Michael Bromwich to represent her personally in the Smollett matter, which has become a flashpoint in the Democratic primary.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

In addition, Foxx has brought in well-known Washington, D.C., attorney Michael Bromwich to represent her personally in the Smollett matter, which has become a flashpoint in the Democratic primary.

For what it's worth, this is from Wikipedia about Michael Bromwich:

In 2018, he began leading the legal team of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. On September 22, Bromwich announced he would also be joining the legal team of Christine Blasey Ford, the college professor who earlier that month publicly alleged that U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982, when they were both teenagers, in what she described as an attempted rape.

Sounds like a stand up guy...

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Dumbass should have just quietly paid the money to reimburse the city, done a few goodwill photos with some Chicago PD officers, and left it at that.

No, he had to spike the football following his crooked deal, then double down on his stupidity afterwards.

53 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Dumbass should have just quietly paid the money to reimburse the city, done a few goodwill photos with some Chicago PD officers, and left it at that.

No, he had to spike the football following his crooked deal, then double down on his stupidity afterwards.

He should have taken a page out of the Podesta brother's book. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He should have taken a page out of the Podesta brother's book. 

Far too few realize that many times, the best course of action is just to shut the ***** up.

Years ago, in a job far, far away, a coworker and I were getting chewed out by our boss. We had come back into the office earlier than we were supposed to, and gave him some BS reason why we didn't finish all our stops (we were sales/service for things.) He kept trying to talk his way out of it, and the boss was just yelling at him more and more. He finally pointed at me, and asked why I wasn't being yelled at. The boss said, "because he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut!"

Edited by Koko78

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Far too few realize that many times, the best course of action is just to shut the ***** up.

Years ago, in a job far, far away, a coworker and I were getting chewed out by our boss. We had come back into the office earlier than we were supposed to, and gave him some BS reason why we didn't finish all our stops (we were sales/service for things.) He kept trying to talk his way out of it, and the boss was just yelling at him more and more. He finally pointed at me, and asked why I wasn't being yelled at. The boss said, "because he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut!"

I once had a boss who would deliberately ask a question, listen to my answer and then turn silent with the expectation that I'd go rattling on and somehow spill the beans on something. I'd keep silent and It became a mini battle of wills and I left his office several times with a statement along the lines of "well, if you have nothing else, I've got work to do". 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...