Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

update on Jussie...

Judge orders special prosecutor to examine Smollett probe

CHICAGO (AP) — A judge decided to appoint a special prosecutor Friday to investigate the decision by Cook County prosecutors to dismiss all charges against actor Jussie Smollett, who was accused of lying to the police by claiming he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack in downtown Chicago in January.

In a ruling that leaves open the possibility that Smollett could be charged again, Cook County Judge Michael Toomin suggested that the county’s state’s attorney, Kim Foxx, mishandled the Smollett case by appointing a top aide to oversee it after she recused herself. ...

... “State’s attorneys are clearly not meant to have unbridled authority to appoint special prosecutors,” he said. “She appointed (her top assistant) to an office, to an entity, that has no legal existence. There isn’t an office of the ‘acting state’s attorney.’ It existed only ... in the imagination of Ms. Foxx.”

“The unprecedented irregularities identified in this case warrant the appointment of independent counsel to restore the public’s confidence in the integrity of our criminal justice system,” the judge said.

Toomin also left open the possibility that the special prosecutor could charge Smollett again — either with the original charges accusing him of lying to police or with other counts. ...

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again.

#IStandwithErica

So, the minority vice chair of Ga democrats claims she was racially attacked for having 15 items in the 10 item grocery line. In the day and age of technology.. no cell vid? No store vid? No witnesses? #IStandwithErica kinda like standing with #JussieSmollett ?

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/state-rep-says-man-told-her-to-go-back-where-you-came-from-at-grocery-store/968677735

(funniest part is that she was clearly wrong about being in the express line -- but it's okay because RACISM!)

If she came from a non-express lane I think I'm going to rule in his favor.....

On the other hand, a pregnant lady has 15 items in a 12er and you're getting into an argument about it?  Jesus there are some crazies out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If she came from a non-express lane I think I'm going to rule in his favor.....

On the other hand, a pregnant lady has 15 items in a 12er and you're getting into an argument about it?  Jesus there are some crazies out there. 

His argument is just as bad — “I’m a democrat, gonna vote democrat until I die” 

(aka: “I can’t be a racist because of my political affiliation) 

Idiots, all. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

i swear universe is always tryin' to tell us something.  if i didn't know better, i'd swear that could be Cortez, Omar, Talib and Pressly there.

That's probably their pic from the aging app that all the cool people are taking about

• Haha (+1) 2