Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

"So...I'm recused, but..."

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

mama always said everything said before, "but" is nothing more than horseshit.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the bus you go!

Kim Foxx's chief ethics officer, integrity unit director resign following Smollett controversy

Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I categorize the Mueller investigation as a Hate Crime. 

it's been great comedy entertainment

gets jagoffs in my life sputtering in fury in 20 seconds flat, part of the TDS conniption fit entertainment complex

On 4/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, DC Tom said:

"So...I'm recused, but..."

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

Or as my wife says "but...two cheeks pressed together."

57 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Crap, I thought this thread was about Elizabeth Warren's candidacy!

If you squint real hard you'll see that it kind of is. 

• 5 weeks later...

Jussie Smollett update: Judge rules to unseal records in 'Empire' actor's case

A judge ruled Thursday to unseal documents in the case of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

The records were sealed in March shortly after charges against Smollett were abruptly dropped by prosecutors. Attorneys representing the media, including ABC7, challenged the sealing of the records.

</snip>

How did I miss this!? LMAO Hope n' Change, the Chicago Way.

Tina Tchen refuses subpoena about her role in Jussie Smollett case, process server says

The former chief of staff to Michelle Obama evaded a subpoena Wednesday from retired Illinois Appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien. O’Brien wants Tchen to hand over records related to her conversations with Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx regarding the ‘Empire’ actor.

Chicago attorney Tina Tchen — who was in contact with Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx before the charges were dropped against former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett — refused to be served with a subpoena on Wednesday, according to the process server.

Tchen, who previously served as former First Lady Michelle Obama’s chief of staff, refused to accept a subpoena that was issued by former Illinois Appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Straphanger?  I had to look that up.  I was certain it was a derogatory word for a gay.   

wish more people were straphangers on the subway, the third time you lose your balance you should learn to hold onto a bar or strap, right?

The Chicago Police Department could release hundreds of pages of official documents from "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's case on Thursday.

Last week, a Cook County judge ordered police and prosecutors to unseal the documents in the case. The police documents include official typed reports from handwritten notes from detectives.

Police also have 69 hours of video in the case and redacted versions of the videos could be released next week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Chicago Police Department could release hundreds of pages of official documents from "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's case on Thursday.

Last week, a Cook County judge ordered police and prosecutors to unseal the documents in the case. The police documents include official typed reports from handwritten notes from detectives.

Police also have 69 hours of video in the case and redacted versions of the videos could be released next week.

Coverup!!

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hmm...

On 3/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, Koko78 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-lawyer-not-worried-fbi-probe-nothing-improper-done-185918660.html

This is actually brilliant on the part of Chicago. Either he coughs up the cash to reimburse the City, tacitly admitting guilt, or they go forward with a trial for reimbursement, meaning ALL of the Chicago PD files detailing the investigation become public record.

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And here we go...

26 pages

307 pages

158 pages

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/foxx-releases-smollett-files-offers-recusal-explanation-225924312.html

Now the story has changed to Foxx "recusing" herself because of rumors that she was related to Smollett? Though I do like that the reporter mentioned that she continued to interfere in the case after "recusing".

This Foxx B word just doesn't know when to quit.

• Like (+1) 1