BREAKING: NFL, Kap, and Reid settle Grievance Case about Collusion

Alphadawg7

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was an embarrassing peak inside the NFL owner's star chamber over how they were dealing with this simple issue of players kneeling.  When that report came out it made the owners look silly.  My guess is that there were lots of similar internal communications that, while not proof of collusion, would have been equally embarrassing if revealed in court.

A couple of bucks and it all disappeared under the rug.  It's a dream result for the NFL, really.  A massive win.

I agree- also i assure you that the NFL was paying lawyers millions to fight this so if you can pay Kap less than lawyer cost and make the whole thing disappear you do it.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree- also i assure you that the NFL was paying lawyers millions to fight this so if you can pay Kap less than lawyer cost and make the whole thing disappear you do it.

Yeah.  This is the better than any outcome the NFL could have imagined in their most feverish dreams a year ago...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah.  This is the better than any outcome the NFL could have imagined in their most feverish dreams a year ago...

And if the NFL took a stand, with Kaep, against the poor treatment/murder of minorities in our country, they could have actually made money, instead of lost it.

Oh ... wait ... I almost forgot where I lived.  Disregard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

I don't get it.  The NFL looks like it was guilty of collusion by settling.  So why settle if there was nothing?

Nah, that’s just how lawyers want the public to perceive things. Settle because it is a nuisance, simple as that. 

• Like (+1) 1

How is the NFL ****ing up and having to settle a collusion case to keep evidence going public a "massive win for the NFL".

They saved lawyer costs by settling you say? Wow. What a win.

Employees seek lost compensation in a collusion case fellas. Usually in the form of an agreed amount of money from both sides. Like a settlement. 

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if the NFL took a stand, with Kaep, against the poor treatment/murder of minorities in our country, they could have actually made money, instead of lost it.

Nah they just made a "massive win" from this whole episode. From beginning to end

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

A whole movement sold out for the change in the NFL's sofa.

Dawg protesting police brutality literally has nothing to do with compensation for collusion. This wasn't a movement. It was an employee going to court for $$$.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

The NFL doesn't lose money.

And if Kaep had taken a stand when those minorities were being mistreated and murdered, instead of a few years later, after he had lost his starting job, he may have made a more credible protest leader.

7 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Dawg protesting police brutality literally has nothing to do with compensation for collusion. This wasn't a movement. It was an employee going to court for $$$.

It's a massive win.  The whole thing is done.  Their secrets are intact.  Keap has been neutered---all of their objectives have been reached.....for a few bucks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

You mean to tell me that the true winners are the lawyers?

Shocking!

Also i am certain Kaeps lawyer said a while ago that Kaep would be signed quickly yet no one has signed him or even admitted speaking to him about playing.

I'm sure a piece of evidence was Irsay sending out a mass email to all the other owners to see what their Coke dealer was charging them for an 8 ball he was jonesing for. Topping it off with a joke about how his 8 ball was worth more that than "paying for that Kaep character".

Not a smoking gun but TMI for the NFL to let loose to the public. TMI. "SETTLE NOOOOW"

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Also i am certain Kaeps lawyer said a while ago that Kaep would be signed quickly yet no one has signed him or even admitted speaking to him about playing.

Yeah, he said that a few times!  I think once Kaep's girlfriend attacked the Ravens management when they were considering him, that was it for him in the league.  

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Certainly isn't going to happen now!