The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

There it is, perhaps you've shown your true colors before, but I had not seen this.  Sure sure, easily cut through. MMM hmmm. 

So you're ok with all of them coming here. What happens when the US becomes so encumbered with unemployable illegal immigrant who are such a drain on the economy because they are living off of assistance that the US becomes a 2nd world country?  What would happen if one of your family members was killed by one of the illegal immigrants who was not vetted properly because, who cares, right?  I see why people write off your idiotic posts.   How old are you anyway?  20s?

Call me when that happens because it won't. Immigrants make us better, create jobs and help businesses thrive and make goods and services cheaper. 

You guys acting like you you want to save lives is funny. Gun control, expanded health care and expanded public health campaigns would save a whole lot more lives, but the GOP is lock stock and barrel against any of that, so I think you are being a hypocrite and no one believes you. Hence, the 40 seat drubbing you guys took in the last election 

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you did a modicum of research you might understand how illegal border crossings occur in the areas that are not covered by existing walls. But you haven't and yet you want to be taken seriously.  I'll give you a ***** hint, there aren't 5 lane super highways running across the Sonoran and Rio Grande which the border patrol simply doesn't know about.

If it can help "even 1" is the most asinine argument possible.  "Spend billions on a problem because if it helps even one person, isn't it worth it?" 

i am having an absolute hard time trying to understand the logic being employed here.

Trump's national emergency is a bad idea.

But it takes a special kind of shamelessness for liberals to complain about executive abuse.

P3nNjlIe_bigger.jpgMike LeeVerified account @SenMikeLee
FollowFollow @SenMikeLee

My initial assessment is that what Pres. Trump announced is legal. Whether or not it should be legal is a different matter. Congress has been ceding far too much power to the exec. branch for decades. We should use this moment as an opportunity to start taking that power back.

11:58 AM - 15 Feb 2019

Lee is right: the laws are bad, so this is legal. ................Need to change the laws.

Edited by B-Man

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

.  I'll give you a ***** hint, there aren't 5 lane super highways running across the Sonoran and Rio Grande which the border patrol simply doesn't know about.

You're right. The problem, as CBP will tell you, is not that they are unaware of "superhighways running across the rio grande  of traffickers", the problem is they DO know these lanes exist and are unable to respond in time to make any meaningful impact in terms of stopping it. 

Hence why they want walls. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

what exact violations of the Constitution are you referring to here?

Please Foxx........................just don't

Also, this is a republic, not a dictatorship. You don’t get to use my money without my elected representatives in Congress at least having a vote.

Elected representatives in Congress passed the laws delegating appropriations transfer authority via emergency declaration (1976),

requiring construction of the fence (2006),

and appropriating the military construction funds being reprogrammed (2018)..

but .............we have to object because it's Trump..........

• Like (+1) 2

I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster,” Trump said about a declaration with the potential to redefine the relationship between the presidency and Congress.

So it's not an emergency just like every non Trump cultist is saying. This will look great in court. 

2 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Kinda like sending 1.5 billion in the middle of the night on an unmarked plane to Iran to continue to fund terrorism 

You don't know what you are talking about, that's why you are a Trump tool

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Elected representatives in Congress passed the laws delegating appropriations transfer authority via emergency declaration (1976),

requiring construction of the fence (2006),

and appropriating the military construction funds being reprogrammed (2018)..

but .............we have to object because it's Trump..........

For anyone interested in Omidyar's true allegiances, visit the first page of the Q thread where I go into detail about his ties to the IC>

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So it's not an emergency just like every non Trump cultist is saying. This will look great in court. 

You don't know what you are talking about, that's why you are a Trump tool

Are you saying that Muslim wuss didn't send Iran 1.5 billion?

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good, then get the American people to vote people into office to support your position on this. Oh wait, you tried that last November at lost 40 House seats. Too bad your hateful scapegoating of immigrants didn't get you what you wanted. 

I don't even know why Donald has to fvck around with Pelosi and the rest of treasonous Dems. Just dip into the massive trillion dollar defense budget. It's a national defense issue with the drug cartels the invading terrorist organization. It's actually Trumps duty to do it. Shouldn't be optional. There should be no vote.

Edited by Dante

8 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Are you saying that Muslim wuss didn't send Iran 1.5 billion?

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is that the real question here? Or don't you understand what the point is? 

and there you have it bilzfancy.

it is a waste of your time.

Border security and stopping the unending waves of invaders is a national emergency.

This is not an executive abuse, it his primary function and he's using a law that provides for doing so.

as pointed out above.

Democrats voted for wall spending multiple times in the past, and are blatent hypocrites now.

• Like (+1) 1