The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

Please treat me like an illegal immigrant

Boston Herald, by Howie Carr

Original Article

If I ever get jammed up with the law, I ask for no special treatment. Just treat me like an illegal immigrant. Forget the 14th Amendment. I don’t want no stinkin’ “equal protection under the law.” What I fervently desire is some illegal-immigrant protection under the law — which basically means no laws. Seriously, that’s what the woke community is now espousing for the fentanyl-dealing, drunken-driving, gangbanging, identity-stealing MS-13 community livin’ high on the dole here, compliments of Tio Sap.

Yes, of course they are!! ? 

In just minutes!!! How stupid 

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-sections-of-trumps-border-wall/2019/11/01/25bf8ce0-fa72-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, of course they are!! ? 

In just minutes!!! How stupid 

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-sections-of-trumps-border-wall/2019/11/01/25bf8ce0-fa72-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html

WHAT part of:

"A beautiful wall, a big one that really works, that you can't get over, you can't get under..."

Don't you understand Tibs!

In my best Trump Uptalk:

Pfft... [SIC/Bad Geography] Nevada?

AP-Mark-J-Terrill-1.png

The war is in Colorado folks... Get with the program.  See the Sharpie® line:

EHl89QLW4AAzFZo.thumb.jpeg.588c5c74c6564eb0d4f01561c81fe4d3.jpeg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Emergency?  Emergency, what emergency?

Does this mean I have to cancel my vacay to Sevastopol?  No Black Sea spa for me.  WTF!  Thanks Donald!  

Some people may say you're living in a cesspool in Illinois. So you have that.?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

It sure is!!!! I'd be the first!

Every plowman knows his lot westside2.  Get with the program.  Stop white knuckling life.

Lol, if you only knew EII. I've faced life head on and I'm much the stronger person for it. 

There's a saying you might like. Every person has two lives, the second life starts when you realize you only have one. Live your life to the fullest EII. My best to you.?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

Lol, if you only knew EII. I've faced life head on and I'm much the stronger person for it. 

There's a saying you might like. Every person has two lives, the second life starts when you realize you only have one. Live your life to the fullest EII. My best to you.?

You too!!! So spot on!

I know we disagree about the simple things in life like politics, etc... But we totally agree on the important things!

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bloomberg editor.

Let there be no doubt the Left caused this problem by reneging on the deal they had with Trump with funding The Wall for $25b and Trump agreeing to sign legislation making 1.8 million DACA people legal residents. One of their liberal judges set things back for two years. This is not the time for Trump to threaten deportation in order to leverage a deal. That would give the dems a false talking point. After Trump wins in November there will be a reckoning.

56 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bloomberg editor.

As they should be, since it's a DHS memo concerning the exercise of prosecutorial discretion with respect to individuals who came to the United States as children, and confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship, because only Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer those rights.

To deny the President the right to overturn an exercise of prosecutorial discretion set forth not by his predecessor, but by his predecessor's subordinate, would be utterly ridiculous.

This is where the progressives will jump up and say it's cruel to repeal it.  To which I repeat: no, it's cruel to maintain it as is, since it confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship, because only Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer those rights.  So have Congress confer the rights, and repeal this illegal nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

As they should be, since it's a DHS memo concerning the exercise of prosecutorial discretion with respect to individuals who came to the United States as children, and confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship, because only Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer those rights.

To deny the President the right to overturn an exercise of prosecutorial discretion set forth not by his predecessor, but by his predecessor's subordinate, would be utterly ridiculous.

This is where the progressives will jump up and say it's cruel to repeal it.  To which I repeat: no, it's cruel to maintain it as is, since it confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship, because only Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer those rights.  So have Congress confer the rights, and repeal this illegal nonsense.

How dare they make the dems compromise and take one of their political issues away?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So...Congress needs to do their job? Interesting concept.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Really, though, I'm looking for someone - anyone - to disagree with what I posted.

Normally, you would get TOC or Busey to refute it "because...shut up," but you had too many multisyllabic words. You need to dumb it down.