The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Must have been nice to warm yourself near the furnaces.  Lucky bastard.

Well it wasn’t warmth as much as 1,000 degrees blasting in my face. See my dad worked the mill and didn’t have enough money to afford a shovel for the coal. So he used me. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well it wasn’t warmth as much as 1,000 degrees blasting in my face. See my dad worked the mill and didn’t have enough money to afford a shovel for the coal. So he used me. 

Your dad spent time with you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

you got warm facials because your dad didn't have enough money?

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You can hear?  What's it like, not being deaf from childhood malnutrition?

It’s a saying. I really can’t hear. I’d kill for child malnutrition deafness. I was born without ears. Ok ok I was born with ears!  They sewed them shut to keep me from hearing the constant beating my dad gave my mom with his coal shovel. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s a saying. I really can’t hear. I’d kill for child malnutrition deafness. I was born without ears. Ok ok I was born with ears!  They sewed them shut to keep me from hearing the constant beating my dad gave my mom with his coal shovel. 

I wish I knew someone - anyone - who knew how to sew.  

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You had a mom and dad? I was a feral child raised by stray cats. 

... Still with the "walls are closing in"? 

:lol: Might need to update the talking points on that one. We're in phase two now of his presidency: post Mueller. If there are walls closing in they're not closing in on Trump but the ones who committed seditious treason (for a long time). 

D7Hb9JxUcAArsHd.jpg

30%

It's not (really/solely) about immigration. Combating human trafficking has always been at the front of this administration's agendas, and the sacred cow both Right and Left uniparty DCers have been trying to protect. 

30%. A billion dollar industry... but nothing to see here. 

(those are just the ones crossing at checkpoints)

• Like (+1) 1