The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

And you know this how? I'm being rhetorical. HAHA Gator said this:

"Military pensions to be raided to fund the stupid wall!! What?" 

It was a lie.

Gatorman couldn't know it was a lie, as that would require him to be able to...y'know...read.

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Gatorman couldn't know it was a lie, as that would require him to be able to...y'know...read.

Well, at least I don't go out of my way defending lies, so I'm still ahead of the game. But you guys know that anyway ?

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This has always been at the center of the entire debate. Illegals voting secure victories for the left, and have for years. Now they're just being open about their motives: 

Nothing to see here.

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

Excuse me?  No practical effect? Even if they are not allowed to vote in federal elections their ability to vote in state and local elections will be defended.  I do NOT want people voting on propositions that say how my tax dollars are spent when they themselves are not paying taxes.  

3 hours ago, KRC said:

You didn't actually read the article, did you?

Even I have not read the article and I'm pretty sure he ***** this one up too. 

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This has always been at the center of the entire debate. Illegals voting secure victories for the left, and have for years. Now they're just being open about their motives: 

Nothing to see here.

I didn't even know they were allowed to participate in local elections.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I didn't even know they were allowed to participate in local elections.

Me either but that was such a poorly written "news article" I'm not sure if there is anywhere they are currently allowed.  It just said the bill would allow the Feds to defend state and local municipalities allowing illegals to vote.....or something like that. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Me either but that was such a poorly written "news article" I'm not if there is anywhere they are currently allowed.  It just said the bill would allow the Feds to defend state and local municipalities allowing illegals to vote.....or something like that. 

There are.  I know my city and county allow it, as do many of the surrounding.

In my county, it causes them to have to print multiple different ballots for all the different permutations of who is allowed and not allowed to vote in what elections (I think they had something like 11 different ballots in 2018.)  Makes it awfully easy to commit fraud: since ballots are "confidential," just "accidentally" give people the wrong ballot, and oopsie...

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There are.  I know my city and county allow it, as do many of the surrounding.

In my county, it causes them to have to print multiple different ballots for all the different permutations of who is allowed and not allowed to vote in what elections (I think they had something like 11 different ballots in 2018.)  Makes it awfully easy to commit fraud: since ballots are "confidential," just "accidentally" give people the wrong ballot, and oopsie...

And I found another article (Fox I think) that said this is in response to the GOP having an issue with SF (surprise surprise) allowning non-citizens being allowed to vote in school board elections. 

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And I found another article (Fox I think) that said this is in response to the GOP having an issue with SF (surprise surprise) allowning non-citizens being allowed to vote in school board elections. 

That is usually the argument: non-citizen residents send their kids to school and legally live in their communities, so should have the right to vote within those communities.

It's a fairly sound argument.  At the very least it's not histrionic leftist claptrap.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That is usually the argument: non-citizen residents send their kids to school and legally live in their communities, so should have the right to vote within those communities.

It's a fairly sound argument.  At the very least it's not histrionic leftist claptrap.

I agree but it is a slippery slope. 

Define Federal Election

Is it any office of the federal government? 

Or is it only offices with elections that are held nationally? (only POTUS is)

If an illegal can vote for mayor, does that mean they can also vote for that district representative to Congress?

If an illegal can vote for governor, does that also mean they can for for the senate?

Edited by Cinga

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Some are still waiting on confirmation he's a Russian asset first. You know, like we were told was a "fact" for over two years by many. 

In fairness, Trump has yet to irrefutably prove that he is not a Russian asset. The presumption of guilt and laws of #MeToo still apply, unless it's a Democrat being accused of anything.

• Haha (+1) 1