AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely.  And in this case, it's held true for both Kaepernick and the NFL.

Such is life in a litigious country. If you're a money machine like the NFL, and you take a stand on any topic relating to a player whatsoever, you'll get sued by someone.

And at some point, the expense of litigation becomes greater than the expense of a settlement, hence what we've seen with Kaep.

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Such is life in a litigious country. If you're a money machine like the NFL, and you take a stand on any topic relating to a player whatsoever, you'll get sued by someone.

And at some point, the expense of litigation becomes greater than the expense of a settlement, hence what we've seen with Kaep.

Kaep is the one who took a stand and he was punished for it.  The overly-litigious nature of our society bothers me as much as it bothers you.  But bullying bothers me even more.  The bully got punched in the mouth.  Will it hurt the NFL?  Not one bit.  But they'll think twice before turning a blind eye to collusion again, and that's a win in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Kaep is the one who took a stand and he was punished for it.  The overly-litigious nature of our society bothers me as much as it bothers you.  But bullying bothers me even more.  The bully got punched in the mouth.  Will it hurt the NFL?  Not one bit.  But they'll think twice before turning a blind eye to collusion again, and that's a win in my book.

Sorry Gug, but the NFL took just as serious a stand as he did. They knew what they opened themselves up to, and they did it anyway.

They didn't turn a blind eye to anything. If there's any validity to the grievance claim, then it's the literal opposite of turning a blind eye.

Kaep chose to make it clear that he cared more about social issues than football, and he's been treated that way ever since. Call it a punishment if you'd like; to me, he's gotten exactly what he wanted: attention.

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Sorry Gug, but the NFL took just as serious a stand as he did. They knew what they opened themselves up to, and they did it anyway.

They didn't turn a blind eye to anything. If there's any validity to the grievance claim, then it's the literal opposite of turning a blind eye.

Kaep chose to make it clear that he cared more about social issues than football, and he's been treated that way ever since. Call it a punishment if you'd like; to me, he's gotten exactly what he wanted: attention.

Kaep took a stand by kneeling.

The NFL took a stand by making sure Kaep remained unemployed.

The social issues against which Kaep took a stand are exponentially bigger/more important than any business or game.  That's why I praise him for what he did.  And yes, he did get attention.  Attention to those very issues.

We've discussed this topic many times.  I think you know that I don't agree with everything Kaep has said/done.

It's just sad to me that this all started with a silent protest.  A protest during which not a word was said; not a finger was raised; not a person was hurt.  This man silently brought attention to a very real problem in this country by refusing to stand for a song.  That's it.  And he lost his livelihood for it.

That should not be happening in our country.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He did bring it on himself.

Players have non-guaranteed contracts in the NFL, so they can be released whenever. 

He did something that technically wasn't against the rules, fine. The owners have every right to decide not to employ him.

Like it or not, people are allowed to run their own businesses as they see fit. If someone does something that doesn't represent ownership in a way they like, they're probably going to be out.

You're free to choose, but you aren't free from the consequences of your choices.

I agree that every team has the right, independently, to choose not to employ a player.  It just doesn't seem lke that's all that happened here.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, Rc2catch said:

Kap knew his career was over. He made his “stand” and lost his job. Many players have lost their jobs due to becoming a distraction in the locker room (media) 

Is he blackballed? Maybe. Is Tebow? Or is it they are just not NFL quarterback material? 

Kap is riding this victim thing to huge paydays outside his NFL life. Eric Reid took the knee, was finally signed by Carolina, has a good season and is rewarded with a new shiny 3 year contract. Fact is Kap doesn’t want to play, because he’ll be exposed and lose all his hype behind his “movement” 

This isn’t a race issue. It’s not solely because he took a knee. Tebow was as much if not more of a distraction for his teams and he too was let go. I don’t have a beef with the guy, but I find it kinda sickening he’s in the news still. I’m all for equal rights and less racial issues in the country, and of course don’t support police abusing power.. However this douche should not be the cover boy for these issues. There are thousands and thousands of educated men of different races who could be the face of equality, it should of never been a washed up NFL player holding tightly to his last 15 minutes of fame 

Wow. Did Kap hurt someone in your family? You have no beef, yet he's a douchebag? Rich or poor, he took a stand against police brutality. He out himself out there and risked far more than it's likely you ever will. Not my favorite QB but far better than the NFL backups and even a few starters. 

44 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Wow. Did Kap hurt someone in your family? You have no beef, yet he's a douchebag? Rich or poor, he took a stand against police brutality. He out himself out there and risked far more than it's likely you ever will. Not my favorite QB but far better than the NFL backups and even a few starters. 

He’s a terrible rep for that movement. He didn’t do it for the “cause” come on now. You can’t seriously believe he did this and “risked” his dying career on its last breath for the people. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s a terrible rep for that movement. He didn’t do it for the “cause” come on now. You can’t seriously believe he did this and “risked” his dying career on its last breath for the people. 

I agree with those that say Colin Kapernick didn't want to play football and I don't fully agree with the kneeling, but this would never have been an issue if it weren't for the public outcry. Sometimes what's good for the goose is good for the gander and it's best to ignore something as opposed to letting it eat you up inside. I must say that this young man appeared to "win" whatever the heck that means in this day and age.

If I don't like something that doesn't affect me, I just don't pay attention. He's certainly no hero of mine, but I simply paid it no mind.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Kaep took a stand by kneeling.

The NFL took a stand by making sure Kaep remained unemployed.

The social issues against which Kaep took a stand are exponentially bigger/more important than any business or game.  That's why I praise him for what he did.  And yes, he did get attention.  Attention to those very issues.

We've discussed this topic many times.  I think you know that I don't agree with everything Kaep has said/done.

It's just sad to me that this all started with a silent protest.  A protest during which not a word was said; not a finger was raised; not a person was hurt.  This man silently brought attention to a very real problem in this country by refusing to stand for a song.  That's it.  And he lost his livelihood for it.

That should not be happening in our country.

He sat down during the anthem because of apparent oppression and innocent black kids being murdered by police every day...since then, the story has had to evolve in order to not be based upon a blatant lie. For the reason he gave, I credit him with nothing more than seeking attention and being uninformed.

I can't agree with a lost livelihood either. He made tens of millions in football, and has parlayed his attention-seeking into endorsements off the field... and it all started with misinformation at best, and a lie at worst--should that be allowed in our country?

Free speech allows him to say what he likes, and it also allows private companies to hold him accountable for what he says.

No offense intended: anyone that wants to see things operate any other way is, in some fashion, opposed to such individual freedoms.

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He sat down during the anthem because of apparent oppression and innocent black kids being murdered by police every day...since then, the story has had to evolve in order to not be based upon a blatant lie. For the reason he gave, I credit him with nothing more than seeking attention and being uninformed.

I can't agree with a lost livelihood either. He made tens of millions in football, and has parlayed his attention-seeking into endorsements off the field... and it all started with misinformation at best, and a lie at worst--should that be allowed in our country?

Free speech allows him to say what he likes, and it also allows private companies to hold him accountable for what he says.

No offense intended: anyone that wants to see things operate any other way is, in some fashion, opposed to such individual freedoms.

You're not saying that blacks aren't oppressed and that there's not a problem with unarmed black men being shot in cold blood (murdered) by white police officers .... are you?  Because both of those things are certainly real.  Not sure what could be understood as misinformation, there.

And before I get labeled as a "cop hater," (not by you, Bandit) - I am NOT saying that all, or even most, policemen are dirty.  I have the utmost respect for the good police officers in our country.

And "holding accountable," shouldn't include blocking a person from being employed.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're not saying that blacks aren't oppressed and that there's not a problem with unarmed black men being shot in cold blood (murdered) by white police officers .... are you?  Because both of those things are certainly real.  Not sure what could be understood as misinformation, there.

And before I get labeled as a "cop hater," (not by you, Bandit) - I am NOT saying that all, or even most, policemen are dirty.  I have the utmost respect for the good police officers in our country.

And "holding accountable," shouldn't include blocking a person from being employed.

I'm definitely saying that the statistics don't support the cop claim, and I've yet to see a truly compelling argument in support of systemic oppression in today's America...I mean, remember that we are, in fact, talking about a controversy that started in a league that pays thousands of black men millions of dollars to play a game for a living.

The data seem to indicate that an individual's choices are what determines their life course, not skin color.

Nobody is arguing that racism doesn't still exist, because evil people still exist. But the number of actual racists is far, far, far lower than what some would have you believe. We live in a time when simply disagreeing with someone of another race gets a person labeled a racist (but, oddly, it's usually not the person in the discussion that does the labeling).

For me, it comes down to this: knowing how this all started, when I see Kaep's sitting during the anthem boiled down to "he's fighting racism and injustice", I think it's a crock.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

You do realize that of the @1000 people killed by police annually since 2014, over 60% are white?

The stats aren't kept by the feds, since it is local jurisdiction.

The Washington Post, a newspaper that has not once endorsed a Republican candidate for president, reports these facts annually and keeps a database.

2017 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

2018 - I met my non-subscriber limit. Google search 'Washington Post Police Killings 2018' or for any year for that matter since they started to keep aggregate stats for the whole country, I think it was 2014.

2019 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/?utm_term=.a7a1418e2db9

The facts don't match your feelings. I am tired of the lies. There is no widespread police hunt against 'Black America'

Far more of Black America kills itself off than any police activity ever will. Where is that outcry?

Far more of Black America aborts its own babies than any other race. Planned Parenthood in black communities is genocide.

Panned Parenthood locations have an abortion quota to meet. Where is the outcry?

Fully knowing this, Infanticide Andrew Cuomo just passed a law taking away the rights of fetuses and babies 6-9 months old that survive an abortion. Where is the outcry? How is this not genocidal racism?

I am tired of the lies and B&llshit.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, thebandit27 said:

If he cant dominate in the AAF with a high school OL then he is surely done in the NFL.

....could not earn it on the football field because he is not that good and got figured out by DC"s when "tats 'n poses" distracted him from HIS JOB.......so he goes the "social injustice" route and grabs mega bucks from the NFL...can now fund his GF's "Black Panther cause"....."settlement"?......nope exploited reparations works better for me.....sham...

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You do realize that of the @1000 people killed by police annually since 2014, over 60% are white?

The stats aren't kept by the feds, since it is local jurisdiction.

The Washington Post, a newspaper that has not once endorsed a Republican candidate for president, reports these facts annually and keeps a database.

2017 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

2018 - I met my non-subscriber limit. Google search 'Washington Post Police Killings 2018' or for any year for that matter since they started to keep aggregate stats for the whole country, I think it was 2014.

2019 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/?utm_term=.a7a1418e2db9

The facts don't match your feelings. I am tired of the lies. There is no widespread police hunt against 'Black America'

Far more of Black America kills itself off than any police activity ever will. Where is that outcry?

Far more of Black America aborts its own babies than any other race. Planned Parenthood in black communities is genocide.

Panned Parenthood locations have an abortion quota to meet. Where is the outcry?

Fully knowing this, Infanticide Andrew Cuomo just passed a law taking away the rights of fetuses and babies 6-9 months old that survive an abortion. Where is the outcry? How is this not genocidal racism?

I am tired of the lies and B&llshit.

How many of those white's that were killed innocent?  Like 12 year old Tamir Rice, cops got away with that killing.

There is an outcry about blacks killing other blacks, although some seem to relish in that statistic. How about white on white crime, where's your outcry there?

Won't even waste my time with your planned parenthood propaganda.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....could not earn it on the football field because he is not that good and got figured out by DC"s when "tats 'n poses" distracted him from HIS JOB.......so he goes the "social injustice" route and grabs mega bucks from the NFL...can now fund his GF's "Black Panther cause"....."settlement"?......nope exploited reparations works better for me.....sham...

this is such BS. He had a pretty good career, better than most NFL QB's since we've been watching.  You don't like him or his protest, that's fine, but just say that and don't peddle the bs on his play on the field. If it wasn't for his protest, he'd be in the NFL right now, or at least for the last few seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How many of those white's that were killed innocent?  Like 12 year old Tamir Rice, cops got away with that killing.

There is an outcry about blacks killing other blacks, although some seem to relish in that statistic. How about white on white crime, where's your outcry there?

Won't even waste my time with your planned parenthood propaganda.

this is such BS. He had a pretty good career, better than most NFL QB's since we've been watching.  You don't like him or his protest, that's fine, but just say that and don't peddle the bs on his play on the field. If it wasn't for his protest, he'd be in the NFL right now, or at least for the last few seasons.

...my opinion....if you don't like it, IGNORE is your choice.....your typical high horse is a wild ride anyhow...get lost.....

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

For the reason he gave, I credit him with nothing more than seeking attention and being uninformed.

Uninformed? Maybe. Probably. As you can see people have wildly different takes on the statistics and what that information tells you.

Not surprised a life long football jock may not know all the facts. I think it ends there.. it's simple as that. We're just filling in the gaps elsewhere about him.

I saw a man kneeling in a preseason game right after after 2 or 3 specific and publicized police shootings. The timing means everything.. he was upset about what had been going on. I don't think he was aware or particularly researched the statistics.. don't think he reveled in the attention like some of us keep saying given he knelt before he was even noticed by the media and stopped kneeling afterwards. But that's what I think.. you think otherwise.. we have NO idea what's going on in his head.

The media turned this into a ****storm and Kaepernick became the SJW face. Many SJWs can be super annoying and uninformed lol people that generally align with that movement will agree.. so it just feels like we're taking our annoyance over some dumb SJW legion of college undergrads on Kaepernick, a man that's really said nothing publicly or gone out of his way to be in the public eye since then.

What he has done is take a Nike deal and sue his employer over a civil compensation case.. both of which have nothing to do with how he felt about the police shootings when he knelt. The case didn't have to broadcasted to the publicly and debated endlessly by us WHO ARE MAKING THE NEWS ABOUT KAEP'S CASE AND DENYING THE AAF. Kaep did what anybody would do if they had a civil case against their employer or had Nike approach them.

I don't see attention seeking there. I see people filling in gaps in their knowledge about some football jock after the media went bananas over 2 or 3 preseason kneels.

He doesn't have to be a hero or saint but he certainly shouldn't be some sort of villain. At worst if he offended people by kneeling during the national anthem he was being shortsighted and uniformed.. and I'm fine with that opinion. Just find many opinions taking it further that he's some money grubbing media attention villain just people throwing their personal politics at a football jock.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On NFL radio on Sirus this morning they were raving about the transparency of the AAF replay system. They said Dean Blandino and Mike Ferrao (sp) are the consultants to the league and came up with the "Sky Judge" and hearing the rational on the calls live. I hope the NFL really looks at this.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

On NFL radio on Sirus this morning they were raving about the transparency of the AAF replay system. They said Dean Blandino and Mike Ferrao (sp) are the consultants to the league and came up with the "Sky Judge" and hearing the rational on the calls live. I hope the NFL really looks at this.

I like the refereeing so far in this league and I hope the NFL takes some queues from that like they did the XFL.

The skycam is the greatest legacy the XFL left and boy has it been a game changer for me watching the NFL on TV.