AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If he's trying to cash out, sure.  

If he's trying to serve social justice by proving the NFL is corrupt, NOPE.

HE'S NOT. haha not trying to sound like an *** but getting compensated for what he believes was collusion from his employer has nothing to do with his initial prerogative of police brutality. 

This was absolutely about money but it also had absolutely nothing to do with exposing the NFL.. that had nothing to do with what he actually cared about to begin with. That's all I'm trying to say. 

Feels like we're mixing up two completely different things. He wasn't protesting the NFL and never wanted to until he felt he had a case for collusion from his employer which never really had anything to do with what he was trying to protest in the first place. He can donate some of that money for what he really cares about (I'd assume)

Employment civil suit =/= protesting police brutality

Different agendas

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

HE'S NOT. haha not trying to sound like an *** but getting compensated for what he believes was collusion from his employer has nothing to do with his initial prerogative of police brutality. 

This was absolutely about money but it also had absolutely nothing to do with exposing the NFL.. that had nothing to do with what he actually cared about to begin with. That's all I'm trying to say. 

Feels like we're mixing up two completely different things. He wasn't protesting the NFL and never wanted to until he felt he had a case for collusion from his employer which never really had anything to do with what he was trying to protest in the first place.

Employment civil suit =/= police brutality

Different agendas

He believed the NFL blackballed him because of his protests/activism.  Thought he and Eric Reid were victims.  Sounds like injustice to me. 

Weird to not care about that with a fat check.  Doesn't sound very marytr-like.

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He believed the NFL blackballed him because of his protests/activism.  Thought he and Eric Reid were victims.  Sounds like injustice to me. 

Weird to not care about that with a fat check.  Doesn't sound very marytr-like.

No he's not playing the martyr here. And that's exactly my point he cared more about his protests/activism for specific causes. Not the injustice of the NFL not employing him. That was monetary injustice. 

Like.. he's not fighting all social injustice to ever occur. He's not some labor rights champion. I doubt he ever particularly cared about fighting for NFL players being blackballed. Until he felt he got it. And now that he's compensated he's probably over it.

His beef with society ain't about the NFL. His beef with not playing and getting paid in the NFL was a separate issue.. about getting compensated.

If you're saying he sold out on that particular issue we 100% agree haha. This case was all about him getting money. He was not being a hero here. Just a regular dude.. wanting money haha. 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

No he's not playing the martyr here. And that's exactly my point he cared more about his protests/activism for specific causes. Not the injustice of the NFL not employing him. That was monetary injustice. 

Like.. he's not fighting all social injustice to ever occur. He's not some labor rights champion. I doubt he ever particularly cared about fighting for NFL players being blackballed. Until he felt he got it. And now that he's compensated he's probably over it.

His beef with society ain't about the NFL. His beef with not playing and getting paid in the NFL was a separate issue.. about getting compensated.

If you're saying he sold out on that particular issue we 100% agree haha. This case was all about him getting money. He was not being a hero here. Just a regular dude.. wanting money haha. 

Yep.  Yet we have folks celebrating like OJ just got off.  Makes you think.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yep.  Yet we have folks celebrating like OJ just got off.  Makes you think.

Aight we good then. He was never a hero in this case.

Personally I'm not celebrating but it's nice to see since I suspected he had a case this whole time. But it's just a settlement so whatever.. doesn't mean much other than we know the NFL probably had some dumb emails floating around lol.

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

Of course his exposure has a lot to do with his name recognition,  but it's because or it makes him the face of this controversy.  And I don't necessarily think playing in the AAF would be the best path for him,  but I can be wrong.  He may end up playing with ducasse as his guard... what are the chances of him having any success then?

If he cant dominate in the AAF with a high school OL then he is surely done in the NFL.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, cba fan said:

if $3500 is the best salary available due to market conditions(that you caused by the way) then yes he is not interested in working in that field, AT ALL.

That's about as sensible as "what did she expect to happen when she wore that short skirt?".

5 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

That's about as sensible as "what did she expect to happen when she wore that short skirt?".

No. No it is not.

Your analogy is so far off base I refuse to offer a funny comeback in respect for those women you reference in your comment.

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No. No it is not.

Your analogy is so far off base I refuse to offer a funny comeback in respect for those women you reference in your comment.

Why does it have to be a funny comeback?  You're saying Kaepernick brought this on himself by doing something that was well within his rights.  There was nothing in the NFL rulebook that said he had to stand for the national anthem.

On February 15, 2019 at 6:59 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

The more money he settles for, the much stronger his case is for proving that the NFL is corrupt, which surely serves social justice.

Say what?  There's a lot of conflation going on here.

More money means the NFL is even more corrupt than you thought they were?  And somehow a large personal payoff to Kaepernick (bravo to him for such a successful shakedown, by the way) "surely serves social justice"??

Can you draw the straight line between those 2 dots for us please?

20 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Why does it have to be a funny comeback?  You're saying Kaepernick brought this on himself by doing something that was well within his rights.  There was nothing in the NFL rulebook that said he had to stand for the national anthem.

He did bring it on himself.

Players have non-guaranteed contracts in the NFL, so they can be released whenever. 

He did something that technically wasn't against the rules, fine. The owners have every right to decide not to employ him.

Like it or not, people are allowed to run their own businesses as they see fit. If someone does something that doesn't represent ownership in a way they like, they're probably going to be out.

You're free to choose, but you aren't free from the consequences of your choices.

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You're free to choose, but you aren't free from the consequences of your choices.

Absolutely.  And in this case, it's held true for both Kaepernick and the NFL.