AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

They were going to lose in court. Collusion is a crime. It's highly litigated in the business world.

EXACTLY!! The NFL wouldn't settle this fast unless they knew they would likely lose.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok, let’s calm down a bit on connecting dots that likely aren’t there.  

Kapernick has NOT declined a job in the NFL.  The article says he hopes to play again in the NFL.  Just because someone doesn’t want to play for the AAF unless heavily incentivized does not mean he has some min salary requirement to take an NFL job.

And there is no evidence at all that he really declined AAF unless paid $20m, just a random report where we see random reports every day in all sports that have little substance to them.  

But, Kap is gonna continue to unfairly get villafied because people want to find more reasons to never like him.  

Kap is getting black balled, it’s not even up for debate.  He is better than at least 2/3rds the QBs on NFL rosters right now, but can’t even get a workout and it has nothing to do with salary requirements.

Everything you are claiming is specualtion as well.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

As a Mets fan, I beg him to reconsider!

Exactly...it won't take long before the fans in Syracuse realize that.The organization let Borenstien walk to the Cubs farm system and they promote glamour boy ..it's just another "Johnny football" story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Might that have something to do with the exposure and endorsements he's gotten with his non-football endeavors?

And you're missing the point.  It's pretty simple: if Kaep wanted back on the NFL field, he'd do whatever it takes.  You can bet money that there will be a few players that show well in the AAF and get signed by NFL teams, even to practice squads.  Point being that he had an avenue to get back on the football field, but he wants to do it on his terms.  Does that smack of a guy that's 100% focused on football to you?

Of course his exposure has a lot to do with his name recognition,  but it's because or it makes him the face of this controversy.  And I don't necessarily think playing in the AAF would be the best path for him,  but I can be wrong.  He may end up playing with ducasse as his guard... what are the chances of him having any success then?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Probably uncovered a lot of emails and stuff they don’t want public 

Could be, but with the final decision coming from an arbitrator in less than a month, and you got the league by the balls so to speak, why settle?

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Could be, but with the final decision coming from an arbitrator in less than a month, and you got the league by the balls so to speak, why settle?

Neither side wants to leave it to the arbitrator.. it's like playing chicken. Nobody wants to take it to arbitration but they're going to make each other sweat like they will up to the last possible moment.

Very rarely does anybody actually think they got the other party by the balls. You settle or risk whatever small chance you think you might have at losing... a lot. 

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Neither side wants to leave it to the arbitrator.. it's like playing chicken. Nobody wants to take it to arbitration but they're going to make each other sweat like they will up to the last possible moment.

Very rarely does anybody actually think they got the other party by the balls. You settle or risk whatever small chance you think you might have at losing... a lot. 

I get all of that, just making a point to those that think Kaep is a clear winner here. I dont think thats necessarily the case. He may get money, but in this instance the NFL knows how much it hurts (I am sure when this started they had a figure) and they get to keep it all confidential.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Everything you are claiming is specualtion as well.

‘Zactly. Where, in all this foolish hoopla, will you find he simply isn’t very good? Once he was figured out defensively, he failed miserably as he couldn’t expand his game. The opposite hoopla follows Tebow. He’s loved, but he isn’t good enough.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I get all of that, just making a point to those that think Kaep is a clear winner here. I dont think thats necessarily the case. He may get money, but in this instance the NFL knows how much it hurts (I am sure when this started they had a figure) and they get to keep it all confidential.

NFL had a lot more to lose so this was the likely outcome. The amount of money is really what we need to determine the winner haha but FWIW Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report has heard "speculation" that Kaepernick's settlement is between $60-80M         $$$$$$           That's a win for Kaep if true... good god.

I should move to the other thread with this I suppose.

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn't pass the smell test for me. Kap may have rejected the contract, but a $20 mil demand is not believable given the standard wage scale firmly in place. To print this without some kind of confirmation, or even a second source, is irresponsible.  

In lieu of the estimates of $60-80m that Kaep just got in settling the case against the NFL, it's pretty brilliant of him to be asking for $20m a season to the AAF. He can then argue if no one pays him that he could have signed for $15m, like he was making in the NFL and then get the kind of settlement he did. If some idiot agrees to pay him that, he has even more ammo against the NFL. I guarantee that was part of his representatives equation, and it was really shrewd.

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

This doesn't pass the smell test for me. Kap may have rejected the contract, but a $20 mil demand is not believable given the standard wage scale firmly in place. To print this without some kind of confirmation, or even a second source, is irresponsible.  

FWIW, as Wawrow often points out,  the AP is required to have more than one source before reporting anything. Barry Wilner of the AP reported it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

FWIW, as Wawrow often points out,  the AP is required to have more than one source before reporting anything. Barry Wilner of the AP reported it. 

Yep. That is why before every time I call jw a weasel, I first look for another person who agrees that he is a weasel, which doesn't take long.

:beer:jw

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The more money he settles for, the much stronger his case is for proving that the NFL is corrupt, which surely serves social justice.

How much money did he settle for, fella?

He proved nothing.  That's the point.  Kaep snaked it as a crappy QB and got a nice chunk of change for himself. 

Edited by BringBackOrton