AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t have a beef with the guy, but I find it kinda sickening he’s in the news still.

I don't understand lol. He's been insanely quiet. Other than making money from the Nike deal (why would he turn that down), dude's been completely out of the limelight. He clearly doesn't want to play football, saying as much with his asking price. How is the AAF leaking this news out about Tebow and Kaep saying anything about Tebow and Kaep WANTING to be in the news here? We're making this news not Kaep or Tebow.. they just declined the AAF that's all this is saying.

"I don't want to play football anymore. You'd have to pay me $20M if you really wanted me to play. You can't do that? Cool."

When's the last time Kaepernick's made his own news, prompted by his own self and not random outlets reaching out to him like this AAF story.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's be real, he's been out of football so long can he even still play?

He couldn't even play when he was still IN football.  The last days of Kaep (pre-kneel), were pretty terrible, if I remember correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the league first started I wondered if he would play because if he went out and looked great, and is still unsigned by an nfl team, wouldn’t it basically lock up his whole collusion case? I didn’t consider that he’d ask to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. 

he kind of just killed his collusion case by asking for $20 million.  He's a backup.  

3 hours ago, MJS said:

How would any of us know this?

........attributed to Polian and AP's Wilner............

Report: Colin Kaepernick asked for $20 million to play in AAF

Posted by Charean Williams on February 14, 2019, 8:23 PM EST

Alliance of American Football co-founder Bill Polian said Thursday that the startup league had talked to Colin Kaepernick. Now, comes word from Barry Wilner of the Associated Press that the former 49ers quarterback asked for $20 million to consider playing.

Kaepernick’s representatives did not immediately answer a message from the AP.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The NFL field, not AAF. there's a bit of a difference.  Maybe you recognize Reid and Jenkins as being front and center like Kaep, but i'd bet the ranch that many of the haters of Kaep, who are just casual fans have no idea about the other 2. I could walk up to random people for name recognition, most will know Kaep, most won't know the other 2.

Might that have something to do with the exposure and endorsements he's gotten with his non-football endeavors?

And you're missing the point.  It's pretty simple: if Kaep wanted back on the NFL field, he'd do whatever it takes.  You can bet money that there will be a few players that show well in the AAF and get signed by NFL teams, even to practice squads.  Point being that he had an avenue to get back on the football field, but he wants to do it on his terms.  Does that smack of a guy that's 100% focused on football to you?

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Kaepernick really said he'd want $20 million, I look at it like this ....

Say you're having a garage sale.  A rusted out 1997 Dodge Caravan pulls up and a guy wearing a pair of dirty Dickies and stained wifebeater walks through your driveway.

But in the garage, he notices a 2017 Harley Davidson Fat Bob and says, "How much for the Harley?"

Knowing you have no intention of selling it, you say, "$20 million and it's yours."

If - big if - Kaep said that, I'm certain it was taken out of context.

But (gasp) he knelt.  So he's a piece of garbage, right?

That guy is smarter than nearly every person who posts on this site on a regular basis.  I liked him before the kneeling. I liked him during the kneeling.  And I still like him.

That's right.

He's a backup clinging to the idea that he is somehow relevant. The truth of the matter is that, should he not have started kneeling for the anthem he would likely be holding a clipboard and sulking as an unwilling backup who still thinks he's good enough to start. I'm not saying a single thing about his protest or activism, I just don't believe he has an accurate assessment of his worth as a QB.

15 hours ago, MJS said:

$20 million is hilarious. And people think he is being black balled? He's keeping himself out of the league if that's his asking price. I've suspected all along that he refused to be a backup and take a backup's sallary.

I doubt he's asking for 20 mil in the NFL. I think it's just he has nothing to gain playing in this league, he can only lose.

He plays good, people will say it's just a bunch of scrubs and dismiss it.

He plays bad, and it's the final nail in his coffin. 

Someone mentioned situational awareness. He absolutely is aware of his situation. It makes no sense for him to play in this league.

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

That's right.

Your name suits you perfectly. White Linen with an opinion like that is such an accurate name.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Might that have something to do with the exposure and endorsements he's gotten with his non-football endeavors?

And you're missing the point.  It's pretty simple: if Kaep wanted back on the NFL field, he'd do whatever it takes.  You can bet money that there will be a few players that show well in the AAF and get signed by NFL teams, even to practice squads.  Point being that he had an avenue to get back on the football field, but he wants to do it on his terms.  Does that smack of a guy that's 100% focused on football to you?

I agree Kaep absolutely isn't committed to keep playing football by now, which owners are absolutely entitled to balk at in the NFL. I think the story ends there and it's so much more simple than we're making it.

People are spinning some web of non-football fiction about Kaep's personal life that they know nothing about. He craves attention, he feels entitled to the NFL, he was never genuinely into his cause, he cynically intended to profit from a social cause all along, he's desperately trying to advance a social message as we speak...

Good god that's a cynical way to look at things. We're literally filling in gaps of our knowledge into his personality when all we know is his football career, and camera people obsessing over him kneeling in the pre-season for 4 weeks. SO MUCH IS PSUEDO-KNOWLEDGE of a former NFL quarterback that showed a ton of promise as a young player on a SB 49ers team.. sucked after that, kneeled, played some mediocre NFL-worthy quarterback play, then got cut. He doesn't want to play anymore.. maybe he used to, but it's over. I don't see a need to paint him as a villain or a saint nor a reason to do project who he is as a person on a football forum.

The headline here is: 2 quarterbacks you've heard of don't want to play in the AAF.

His case against the NFL is over:  https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colin-kaepernick-withdraws-collusion-case-nfl-190149703.html

In a stunning move that strongly indicates a financial settlement between Colin Kaepernick and the NFL, Yahoo Sports has learned the quarterback has withdrawn his collusion complaint against the league and will take no further action in his case. While sources declined to offer specifics for Kaepernick’s decision, Yahoo Sports was told on prior occasions that Kaepernick would only withdraw his complaint if a lucrative financial settlement was reached between the quarterback and the NFL.

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

His case against the NFL is over:  https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colin-kaepernick-withdraws-collusion-case-nfl-190149703.html

In a stunning move that strongly indicates a financial settlement between Colin Kaepernick and the NFL, Yahoo Sports has learned the quarterback has withdrawn his collusion complaint against the league and will take no further action in his case. While sources declined to offer specifics for Kaepernick’s decision, Yahoo Sports was told on prior occasions that Kaepernick would only withdraw his complaint if a lucrative financial settlement was reached between the quarterback and the NFL.

Ah... interesting stuff 

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Haha he settled! That’s so rich.