AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

This was a simple decision for Kaepernick.  Playing the victim is much easier than playing QB.  The pay isn't as good but your career is much longer as a victim. 

That's the country we have now. The biggest victim in the country is the POTUS.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Kaepernick really said he'd want $20 million, I look at it like this ....

Say you're having a garage sale.  A rusted out 1997 Dodge Caravan pulls up and a guy wearing a pair of dirty Dickies and stained wifebeater walks through your driveway.

But in the garage, he notices a 2017 Harley Davidson Fat Bob and says, "How much for the Harley?"

Knowing you have no intention of selling it, you say, "$20 million and it's yours."

If - big if - Kaep said that, I'm certain it was taken out of context.

But (gasp) he knelt.  So he's a piece of garbage, right?

That guy is smarter than nearly every person who posts on this site on a regular basis.  I liked him before the kneeling. I liked him during the kneeling.  And I still like him.

He's an ass.

He knelt because--according to him--police were out there murdering young black kids daily...which was a blatant lie in every sense.

So he had to change his narrative to be more general--he's kneeling because of social inequality, but he still takes the practice field in paraphernalia depicting police as pigs and praises murderous dictators like Fidel Castro (I thought it was hilarious when an actual Cuban immigrant--Armando Salguero--called him out for praising Castro when Kaep was raised by a white family in Wisconsin).

He claims to be oppressed, but he got to play a game for millions of dollars, and when he lost his starting spot, he decided to draw attention to himself.

I like you Gugs, and you're entitled to your opinion, but Kaep is an ass.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

For those of you that wondered whether or not Kaep actually cared about football, well, there's your answer.

The reason he's not on an NFL roster is that he isn't about football anymore; he's 100% dedicated to his social issues now. There isn't an NFL coach in the world who wants a QB like that.

Because he doesn't want to play in the AAF?

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

For those of you that wondered whether or not Kaep actually cared about football, well, there's your answer.

The reason he's not on an NFL roster is that he isn't about football anymore; he's 100% dedicated to his social issues now. There isn't an NFL coach in the world who wants a QB like that.

Not true.  It's because he knelt for the Anthem and he's the face of the issue. Derek Anderson was at home, not working out and seemed 100% focused on life after football yet he gets a job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405807/Colin-Kaepernick-working-30-hours-week-hes-not-invited-Redskins-tryouts.html

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He's an ass.

He knelt because--according to him--police were out there murdering young black kids daily...which was a blatant lie in every sense.

So he had to change his narrative to be more general--he's kneeling because of social inequality, but he still takes the practice field in paraphernalia depicting police as pigs and praises murderous dictators like Fidel Castro (I thought it was hilarious when an actual Cuban immigrant--Armando Salguero--called him out for praising Castro when Kaep was raised by a white family in Wisconsin).

He claims to be oppressed, but he got to play a game for millions of dollars, and when he lost his starting spot, he decided to draw attention to himself.

I like you Gugs, and you're entitled to your opinion, but Kaep is an ass.

I think he’s more immature than anything else, tbh but I agree with you. 

He liked the headlines. He liked being a “hero.” And this latest stunt falls in the same category. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kaepernick averaged ~$7M/yr over his NFL career.  AAF pays $250K/yr.  

Imagine you were making $100K/yr for dangerous work with a good company, then lost your job.  

Some other rinky dink company offers you the same dangerous position, but for just $3,500/yr.  

If you don't take the job, that clearly means you're just not interested in working at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If Vince McMahon is gonna shell out huge contracts for star players and try to compete with the NFL, then the XFL will die a quick death once again.

Exactly.

kaepernick can donwhatever he wants, but in a league where everyone is signing the same contract he comes and says “nope, I want $20M”.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Kaepernick really said he'd want $20 million, I look at it like this ....

Say you're having a garage sale.  A rusted out 1997 Dodge Caravan pulls up and a guy wearing a pair of dirty Dickies and stained wifebeater walks through your driveway.

But in the garage, he notices a 2017 Harley Davidson Fat Bob and says, "How much for the Harley?"

Knowing you have no intention of selling it, you say, "$20 million and it's yours."

If - big if - Kaep said that, I'm certain it was taken out of context.

But (gasp) he knelt.  So he's a piece of garbage, right?

That guy is smarter than nearly every person who posts on this site on a regular basis.  I liked him before the kneeling. I liked him during the kneeling.  And I still like him.

I was at the game a couple of years ago when KAP was Qb for the 49's against the Bills.  (yes, he was booed when he took the knee)   He was stricktly below avg that day, no great arm, no great runner.    I could see him not getting another shot in the NFL based on what I saw that day.  All the P/R stuff is pop culture bs......I am a football fan only.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the league first started I wondered if he would play because if he went out and looked great, and is still unsigned by an nfl team, wouldn’t it basically lock up his whole collusion case? I didn’t consider that he’d ask to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. 

Conversely, if he comes out and sucks or only plays decent against scrubs, he proves the owners point that his playing ability doesn't justify his excessive salary demands and the distractions that the media will bring to the team.

He's already been given opportunities to return to the league... until his girlfriend started her racist crap on social media and pissed the Ravens off.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

How would any of us know this?

Well, we know the Bills didn't, we know after Smith broke his leg the Redskins 'considered' it but did not offer him a tryout.  I think if any team wanted to cover their butts and not look like they were doing anything wrong they wouldn't hesitate to say that they attempted to offer something and his demands were outrageous.

25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I was at the game a couple of years ago when KAP was Qb for the 49's against the Bills.  (yes, he was booed when he took the knee)   He was stricktly below avg that day, no great arm, no great runner.    I could see him not getting another shot in the NFL based on what I saw that day.  All the P/R stuff is pop culture bs......I am a football fan only.

That's a logical assumption, until you look at some of the other disasters that have played QB over the last couple seasons. We had one in Buffalo.

I find it hard to believe that Kaep asked for $20MM when league salaries at $225,000 per year. I would need more backup on this to believe it.

When the league first started I wondered if he would play because if he went out and looked great, and is still unsigned by an nfl team, wouldn’t it basically lock up his whole collusion case? I didn’t consider that he’d ask to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. 

Polian said he doesn't know what happened with Kaep not playing so let's be careful not to assume this 'source' is correct. But think about it, if Kaep does sign to play, the ratings probably are pretty high with curiosity, he would probably help make the league some good advertising money early on at least.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Because he doesn't want to play in the AAF?

Yes. If he were actually interested in playing it'd have been a no brainer: show the NFL how stupid they look by owning the fringe players.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Not true.  It's because he knelt for the Anthem and he's the face of the issue. Derek Anderson was at home, not working out and seemed 100% focused on life after football yet he gets a job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405807/Colin-Kaepernick-working-30-hours-week-hes-not-invited-Redskins-tryouts.html

Nope.

He'd have a job if coaches had the slightest inkling that he cared half as much about football as he does social issues.

Dozens of others knelt and still have jobs. Some, like Sheldon Richardson, got fat contracts afterward.

QB is the most demanding position in pro sports. Coaches want QBs that are 100% football to a fault...or, failing that, make up for it with extraordinarily high level of play (a la Big Ben). Kaep brings neither of those traits...hence no NFL job. And if he wanted to prove people wrong about that, he'd take a job playing QB when offered.

• Like (+1) 2