AAF reaches out to Tebow and Kaepernick to play, Kaepernick wanted $20 mill

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Lol, okay Kaepernick.

I don't think he has any desire to get back into the NFL.

If he still loves football, he could coach, I guess, or else get paid the normal salary to be in the AAF. 

Maybe he's waiting for the XFL.

I wonder if he loves attention more than he loves football? 

• Like (+1) 8

$20 million is hilarious. And people think he is being black balled? He's keeping himself out of the league if that's his asking price. I've suspected all along that he refused to be a backup and take a backup's sallary.

• Like (+1) 2

When the league first started I wondered if he would play because if he went out and looked great, and is still unsigned by an nfl team, wouldn’t it basically lock up his whole collusion case? I didn’t consider that he’d ask to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

It's possible that Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the AAF at all, and gave $20M as the crazy number it would take to get him to change his mind.  It's like when you agree to get with some gross person if your buddies will pay you $5,000.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the league first started I wondered if he would play because if he went out and looked great, and is still unsigned by an nfl team, wouldn’t it basically lock up his whole collusion case? I didn’t consider that he’d ask to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. 

He can’t seem to do ANYTHING right. What’s he thinking? Who is in his ear? I just don’t get it, unless he just wants to get paid for NOT playing, which seems to be almost impossible. This is not a guy who loves the game. So, go ahead and make it easier on the league to ignore you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

It's possible that Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the AAF at all, and gave $20M as the crazy number it would take to get him to change his mind.  It's like when you agree to get with some gross person if your buddies will pay you $5,000.

How gross was that person? Did you catch anything? Did you get paid cash in advance? Half up front? Pics are appreciated of course, unless it’s REALLY gross!   Just a few thoughts.....

14 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c66353d724f64416b

• Haha (+1) 4

Kap knew his career was over. He made his “stand” and lost his job. Many players have lost their jobs due to becoming a distraction in the locker room (media) 

Is he blackballed? Maybe. Is Tebow? Or is it they are just not NFL quarterback material? 

Kap is riding this victim thing to huge paydays outside his NFL life. Eric Reid took the knee, was finally signed by Carolina, has a good season and is rewarded with a new shiny 3 year contract. Fact is Kap doesn’t want to play, because he’ll be exposed and lose all his hype behind his “movement” 

This isn’t a race issue. It’s not solely because he took a knee. Tebow was as much if not more of a distraction for his teams and he too was let go. I don’t have a beef with the guy, but I find it kinda sickening he’s in the news still. I’m all for equal rights and less racial issues in the country, and of course don’t support police abusing power.. However this douche should not be the cover boy for these issues. There are thousands and thousands of educated men of different races who could be the face of equality, it should of never been a washed up NFL player holding tightly to his last 15 minutes of fame 

• Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Kap knew his career was over. He made his “stand” and lost his job. Many players have lost their jobs due to becoming a distraction in the locker room (media) 

Is he blackballed? Maybe. Is Tebow? Or is it they are just not NFL quarterback material? 

Kap is riding this victim thing to huge paydays outside his NFL life. Eric Reid took the knee, was finally signed by Carolina, has a good season and is rewarded with a new shiny 3 year contract. Fact is Kap doesn’t want to play, because he’ll be exposed and lose all his hype behind his “movement” 

This isn’t a race issue. It’s not solely because he took a knee. Tebow was as much if not more of a distraction for his teams and he too was let go. I don’t have a beef with the guy, but I find it kinda sickening he’s in the news still. I’m all for equal rights and less racial issues in the country, and of course don’t support police abusing power.. However this douche should not be the cover boy for these issues. There are thousands and thousands of educated men of different races who could be the face of equality, it should of never been a washed up NFL player holding tightly to his last 15 minutes of fame 

Kudos on the post.  I hope you do not get blackballed for life for it though,.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Why is it clear?

The timing of the report, of this report came out a week or two before the AAF season I could believe it. This just seems like a PR spin by the AAF to keep the attention of their league. I doubt Kaepernick and AAF had any real discussions besides whether he was interested in playing in their league.