Is it inconceivable for the Bills to trade for OBJ?

Tipster19

2 more aspects I would like to emphasize. First OBJ is an elite talent, talent like him comes around once in a great while. The second benefit to him is that if he were to ever come here that statement alone would smash the stigma of FAs wanting to play here. I realize that it would be a trade that got him here but it would still represent if a superstar like him ended up coming here, producing and not being miserable it would blow the top off of this being a place where careers either died or never gotten off the ground. McCoy, although it came later in his career, came here and then OBJ and loved it here, the spin offs could be endless.

Yes, they just signed OBJ.  He is in his prime, he gets traded this time last year if ever.  The real question is Ab.  As a late rd pick he might fit McDermotts mold more than you think.  I wouldn't be against it. Depends more on the compensation that his behavior. Buy low kind of deal.  Swap 1s or a 2.

Edited by Mat68

Reading these comments, Bills fans have really worked themselves into a mindset where talent is never worth it. 

Everybody is a character risk, nobody is worth it. 

There is more loyalty for our Coach, than the expectation on the team to get great players in here. 

Outside of Andre Reed, OBJ would be the best WR to ever put on a Bills uniform. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Reading these comments, Bills fans have really worked themselves into a mindset where talent is never worth it. 

Everybody is a character risk, nobody is worth it. 

There is more loyalty for our Coach, than the expectation on the team to get great players in here. 

Outside of Andre Reed, OBJ would be the best WR to ever put on a Bills uniform. 

Yeah, and he's funny too!

beckham-peeing.jpg

"Everybody is a character risk"...not to me. I just think he a complete a-hole and don't want to cheer for him, or any team he is on. I can accept many players with baggage. You are painting the people that don't like Beckham with a broad brush....stereotyping.

Edited by OJ Tom

Just now, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Hypocritical

GFYS

One is judging people for their attitude. The other is coming to the conclusion that everyone dislikes Beckham because they consider him a "character risk". I don't care if he is a character risk, I don't like HIM.

Edited by OJ Tom

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It will be interesting to see if he ever gets his ring. The talent is undeniable. Reminds me of Randy Moss. 

Randy Moss was fine. 

There are only 2 players I can think of that I would have refused to accept as Bills, one was Kellen Winslow II (and that turned out pretty bad), and Beckham (we'll see how that ends up). They are insufferable.

Edited by OJ Tom

5 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Randy Moss was fine. 

There are only 2 players I can think of that I would have refused to accept as Bills, one was Kellen Winslow II (and that turned out pretty bad), and Beckham (we'll see how that ends up). They are insufferable.

I think Randy and Odell  are cut from the same me-first cloth. Randy Moss quit on the Raiders. That's why I drew the comparison. It wasn't until Moss went to the Patriots that he "got it" IMO. 

It doesn't seem to be a Brandon Beane style trade.  The risk is fairly high that OBJ's production with a second year QB in a run first offense will not justify the very high cost (trade cost  + contract) of a WR like OBJ.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

It doesn't seem to be a Brandon Beane style trade.  The risk is fairly high that OBJ's production with a second year QB in a run first offense will not justify the very high cost (trade cost  + contract) of a WR like OBJ.

I'm not the least bit worried that the Bills will sign Beckham. Won't happen.

Without even considering the fact that he is a complete head case and me first player, he has also had durability issues.

Hard pass.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade for Antonio Brown, who is at least more available (unless he quits on you).

• Like (+1) 1