Is it inconceivable for the Bills to trade for OBJ?

Tipster19

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

OBJ>Hockenson x10

You post possibly in relation to numerical production.  But in Hockenson the Bills are getting a Gronkowski play alike who is also a great blocker.  He's not going to be a "me" guy Diva the OBJ is and is young and will grow with the young talent being put together.

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I hope not.  I don’t know why people think guys who have worn out their welcome in stable, successful environments like Pittsburgh and New York are going to work out in Buffalo.

I’ll take a wild stab; because we have an NFL team here and there’s only 31 others?? Maybe??

14 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

You post possibly in relation to numerical production.  But in Hockenson the Bills are getting a Gronkowski play alike who is also a great blocker.  He's not going to be a "me" guy Diva the OBJ is and is young and will grow with the young talent being put together.

I said this to another poster earlier and now I will say something similar to you.  OBJ an Gronk have done it in the NFL.  You know what Hockenson has done in the NFL, nothing.  He is a great prospect though.  But what he willbe in the NFL is unknown.

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I hope not.  I don’t know why people think guys who have worn out their welcome in stable, successful environments like Pittsburgh and New York are going to work out in Buffalo.

Pittsburgh is not exactly stable at the moment.  

Perhaps Allen has a better ability to get the ball to OBJ than Manning?  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I said this to another poster earlier and now I will say something similar to you.  OBJ an Gronk have done it in the NFL.  You know what Hockenson has done in the NFL, nothing.  He is a great prospect though.  But what he willbe in the NFL is unknown.

Done it in the NFL is important,but equally important is "how you do it", do u do it the context of a team production or do you do it for your own stats and Rep. OBJ, and Brown are selfish "me guys" with crazy cap numbers and are off the field train wrecks.  No thank you to either.

Nice for fantasy, not much for a successful team

47 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

He is a known malcontent and his talent hasn't converted to wins.

Great players may often act confident/arrogant - but you don't see OBJ type antics from Julio Jones, Hopkins, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, etc.

This is true, but also why Jones, Hopkins, Thomas, and Green are likely not available.

Here is another way to take a risk on a great pass catcher w/o trading: Get Eifert in FA.  Perhaps pair that with an AJ Green trade.    

16 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Thats a tough one.  I would probably want a 2nd or 3rd back due to the contract he wants but if they didnt budge I would probably do it.

Trading for AB is highly unlikely but a 26 yr old OBJ might be intriguing.  But would he come to a smaller market? Probably not...

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The Bills would be thrilled to have a player the caliber of OBJ. 

Player the caliber of OBJ hell YES 

Player the caliber of AB hell YES

All the drama that comes with him hell NO  

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

Player the caliber of OBJ hell YES 

Player the caliber of AB hell YES

All the drama that comes with him hell NO  

What drama? 

AB drama I get, his seems like some serious nonsense. 

OBJ was partying on a boat in Miami without a shirt on? Kicked a net? He got into a fight once with Josh Norman.... in 2015. Since then he signed a mega contract so clearly the team that knows him extremely well, doesn't give a damn

The Bills would be foolish to not take a chance on someone as talented as OBJ because he was once frustrated. Bills fans were so pissed when no one pushed Gronk after he hit Tre White. OBJ would have knocked him out. Its ok to have players that play with a ton of passion. It can take talent to the next level. Passion takes many forms and depending on who tells the story is how it will be perceived

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What drama? 

OBJ was partying on a boat in Miami without a shirt on? Kicked a net? He got into a fight once with Josh Norman.... in 2015. Since then he signed a mega contract so clearly the team that knows him extremely well, doesn't give a damn

The Bills would be foolish to not take a chance on someone as talented as OBJ because he was once frustrated. Bills fans were so pissed when no one pushed Gronk after he hit Tre White. OBJ would have knocked him out. Its ok to have players that play with a ton of passion. It can take talent to the next level. Passion takes many forms and depending on who tells the story is how it will be perceived

OBJ would probably cost about the same as Khalil Mack as far as money/contract & draft picks , McBean was not willing to give up that much asset for arguably the best defensive player in the league , so I’m pretty damn sure he won’t do it this time for a WR with me me me attitude and who’s hurt half the time , 

4 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

He is a known malcontent and his talent hasn't converted to wins.

Great players may often act confident/arrogant - but you don't see OBJ type antics from Julio Jones, Hopkins, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, etc.

If I have a choice between egomaniac divas or great character wrs like above, sign me up for Julio/AJ all day long.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What drama? 

Great points Captain, I concur!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, T master said:

Man i hope its inconceivable that guy is a basket case & that would make me not want to watch just because of him ! If i see anything about him i pass over it because he is the ultimate "It's all about me" player in todays NFL & thats a big thing i can't stand !

Sure he is ultra talented but he's a whiner & a cry baby & all that crap he does on the side line is just plain foolish to get attention & IMO i hope the Bills never get a guy like that ! TO did some things but even his was a bit more classy if you could call it that not so much the standing on the Dallas star even though i hate the cowboys ! 

But the OBJ stuff is just childish & not entertaining in any way so i vote NO PLEEEEEASE don't bring him here !!  

You know, some could argue that your post was all about you. You use "I" a lot and a lot of exclamation points. 

I think the Jay Glazer thing was written as a bold prediction, it's baseless it's just Jay getting attention. He won't be traded and I don't think the Bills would trade for him. Just like how I don't think they'd consider trading for AB.

That said, and I have never been a fan of Beckham. The guy is good, if he ends up on the Bills, I'm not going to lie to you and say things like I wouldn't watch or enjoy rooting for him. I'd be thrilled. I just want them to win, however they get there.

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What drama? 

The only thing OBJ has a passion for is OBJ.

I have no idea what makes you think he would have knocked out Gronk. Has he ever stood up for a teammate? Maybe I missed it. I know he's repeatedly thrown his QB under the bus.

I can't even stand the stupid look on his face. The guy is just an utter A-hole. And no, ""great players" don't all act like this. And he is definitely at a higher tier of A-holery. But then again, some people like this guy, and think he is cool.

Edited by OJ Tom