Is it inconceivable for the Bills to trade for OBJ?

Tipster19

No way! He's simply not right in the head IMO, and also seems to be hurt a lot of the time. No way do you drop that much money on a loose cannon who will likely not be playing but so much due to injury. That money can be spent in a number of different ways that will be better than risking it on OBJ IMO.

11 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I ask this on the heels of Jay Glazer predicting the Giants trading him. At first one would think no way but after thinking about it it could be a possibility that would make sense for both franchises. I’m gonna list some bullet points. 

1. Both GMs have a congenial relationship.

2. The Giants with 2 top ten 1st rd picks would allow them to draft their future franchise b whoever that may be.

3. It’s no secret that the Bills are in need for a big time WR and OBJ just might be the best in the game.

4. The Bills have the resources to cough up a contract of this magnitude.

5. There is plenty of OL in FA, probably our biggest need, available. 

6. It’s not uncommon to find good OL in the 2nd rd and after. Matter of fact more times than not OL in the 1st rd usually turn out average at best.

7. Our defense is pretty good as of now but any added pieces can and will be addressed in FA and the draft. 

8. OBJ just might be the straw that stirs the drink and makes everything else perform more efficiently. 

I’m sure that I’m gonna get destroyed over this but Beane has proven that he is not intimidated to make big time decisions. 

Put  ( IMO ridiculous money/contract ) and the two 1st round picks that would probably cost to get him , A SIDE ,  his attitude=me me me comes first before the team  ,  and that should be enough for me to believe that McBean would never even consider a player like that , 

OBJ is not a head case. He is an extremely passionate player whose every move is examined because he plays WR and plays for the Giants. His yelling and antics on the sideline are no different than Tom Terrific. The media has decided one is more acceptable than the other. 

Do I like that a guy kicked a kicking net? No I think thats pretty dumb thing to do. Do I like that he goes out after that and scores a TD? Yes I do

The Bills would be thrilled to have a player the caliber of OBJ. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not paying attention

That said, I doubt the Giants trade him, one year after giving him a huge contract

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

If Beckham doesn't fit your process then your process needs adjusting. He's an excellent football player who is loved by his teammates, works about as hard as anyone in the league and truly wants to win. I thinl he and McDermott would speak the same language.

I agree except that I don’t think the Bills are there yet. A year from now if we just got through a more successful season (wildcard playoff spot, maybe even a win), Allen has proven himself and it looks to the world that the Bills are trending up, then yes. That’s when you add someone like him. And that’s when someone like him would be interested.

Someone mentioned the Raiders. I can’t see him wanting to play on that train wreck. If he does, then I wouldn’t want him. Cleveland is a better bet IF he’s moved. He’s tight with Landry, who is selling him on what is happening there. And he’s making other friends like Mayfield.  Of course the same case as above could be made regarding them. 

I see a lot of comments about OBJ being a douchebag or sideshow or "me first" type of player.  I don't know the answer and this is a serious question -- what exactly has he done besides having interest in a "superstar" lifestyle?  Is there evidence of him being a bad teammate?

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

OBJ is completely out of his mind and is ONLY a me first type player.

Bad fit for Buffalo.

So was TO and he put in a decent year with us. I didn't like that signing at the time.

OBJ would be getting a lot of targets which probably is all he wants anyway..........

I just want to win games. Bring in whoever and let the locker room handle things. Lorax will punch him square in the face if he acts a fool.

If I were to trade for someone, either Brown or OBJ, I think I'd first call Atlanta and see what it would take to get Julio instead.  He's about the same age as Brown, and not as mentally unstable as the other two and his numbers have been just as good.   But they don't appear to be talking about trading him so the price may be higher.

Man i hope its inconceivable that guy is a basket case & that would make me not want to watch just because of him ! If i see anything about him i pass over it because he is the ultimate "It's all about me" player in todays NFL & thats a big thing i can't stand !

Sure he is ultra talented but he's a whiner & a cry baby & all that crap he does on the side line is just plain foolish to get attention & IMO i hope the Bills never get a guy like that ! TO did some things but even his was a bit more classy if you could call it that not so much the standing on the Dallas star even though i hate the cowboys ! 

But the OBJ stuff is just childish & not entertaining in any way so i vote NO PLEEEEEASE don't bring him here !!  

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How could Beane draft OBJ over Watkins when that was 3 years before he joined the Bills?  Lmao

How many more things before Beanes tenure here are people going to pin on him?  Bad enough people blame him for Woods and Mahomes, both things that were before he was a Bill.  Now Sammy over  OBJ? Haha 

Anything to fit the narrative...what a time we live in.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I hear ya on the chemistry and the attitude thing but if this were to ever happen I would pitch the concept to him that he could do something that NOBODY has ever been able to do and that is to bring a championship to Buffalo. Make him realize that he can do something historical and unprecedented. Believe me, that would make a difference to a big ego.

For how long though really? I don't doubt that could be the case for some time, and he could have a turning-the-page moment in his career where he begins to mature more. But what if he doesn't see the results fast enough for him? 

The more pertinent point is the established culture being maintained around him. OBJ has shown he is an emotional guy who wears it on his sleeve in some pretty interesting ways, to say the least, but seems a bit more off-kilter in his priorities than say a similar personality in AB. This again could be maturity issues, and something that could literally change in a season. 

That all said, I could easily see Beane doing his due diligence here and seeing what it would take - but his judicious nature would likely lead him more toward FA and especially the draft to pick up his WR talent.

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'd much rather draft Hockenson at 9, Hakeem Butler by trading 2nd and 3rd to move back-up in the 1st and draft a young RB to take over for McCoy in 2020.  Add that to Foster, Jones, McKenzie, Croom and a veteran laden offensive line with a new RT, C and G and you have the building blocks of a great offense.

OBJ>Hockenson x10

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Hey Alphadawg7, how ya doing. I appreciate your input, you kind of give this concept credibility so thanks. As far as Brown goes I think he might be as much if not more of a headcase than OBJ. In the last several weeks he has been making some unsavory headlines of off the field kind of behavior. As far as I know OBJ has kept his nose clean when it comes to this regard. And I anticipate others to start making suggestions like A.J. Green but to me the down side to him is he is 30 and is coming off of a pretty big foot (toe) injury. I don’t want a Sammy Part II and I don’t Beane does either. No, there is a few more positives to OBJ vs some of the other big time WRs.

Brown is a significant head case.  Those guys need to wind up with the Redskins.  It's a cultural thing.

12 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I have never seen anyone bring up a single star player that everyone didn't have an issue with the Bills acquiring. It's like the fanbase is afraid of having a great player. Great players act arrogant get over it.

He is a known malcontent and his talent hasn't converted to wins.

Great players may often act confident/arrogant - but you don't see OBJ type antics from Julio Jones, Hopkins, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, etc.

• Like (+1) 1