Is it inconceivable for the Bills to trade for OBJ?

Tipster19

14 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Man u have a tendency to read too much into what people say. I never said Beane wouldve drafted him or missed out on drafting him, obviously he wasnt around then. I simply said OBJ doesnt fit the kind of guys we go after & if he was ever gonna be a Bill, it wouldve happened by drafting him & not this. Maybe you need to take a break from message boards so you dont feel the  need to jump over everyone elses posts all the time. You'll probably feel less stressed out lol

You said "if we wanted him, we should have drafted him" over Sammy.  There is no "we" in this organization that was part of the "we" of that organization.  Not sure there is even a player on this roster that was on the team before that draft right now.  

Whats the point of saying that statement?  Has literally no merit to whether THIS organization would have interest in getting Allen and Elite weapon like OBJ.  Thats not me having a tendency to read too much into anything, thats me reacting to what you literally just said.  And people on this board blame Beane for all kinds of things that happened before he got here that have nothing to do with him, so its not even out of the ordinary for this board.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd much rather draft Hockenson at 9, Hakeem Butler by trading 2nd and 3rd to move back-up in the 1st and draft a young RB to take over for McCoy in 2020.  Add that to Foster, Jones, McKenzie, Croom and a veteran laden offensive line with a new RT, C and G and you have the building blocks of a great offense.

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I ask this on the heels of Jay Glazer predicting the Giants trading him. At first one would think no way but after thinking about it it could be a possibility that would make sense for both franchises. I’m gonna list some bullet points. 

1. Both GMs have a congenial relationship.

2. The Giants with 2 top ten 1st rd picks would allow them to draft their future franchise b whoever that may be.

3. It’s no secret that the Bills are in need for a big time WR and OBJ just might be the best in the game.

4. The Bills have the resources to cough up a contract of this magnitude.

5. There is plenty of OL in FA, probably our biggest need, available. 

6. It’s not uncommon to find good OL in the 2nd rd and after. Matter of fact more times than not OL in the 1st rd usually turn out average at best.

7. Our defense is pretty good as of now but any added pieces can and will be addressed in FA and the draft. 

8. OBJ just might be the straw that stirs the drink and makes everything else perform more efficiently. 

I’m sure that I’m gonna get destroyed over this but Beane has proven that he is not intimidated to make big time decisions. 

If OBJ has shown the ability to stay healthy I say why not the fact is he's been hurt alot these last 2yrs and he doesn't fit the process. 

I believe the Giants know something about OBJ . Any team trying to trade for him can be getting damaged goods. 

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How could Beane draft OBJ over Watkins when that was 3 years before he joined the Bills?  Lmao

How many more things before Beanes tenure here are people going to pin on him?  Bad enough people blame him for Woods and Mahomes, both things that were before he was a Bill.  Now Sammy over  OBJ? Haha 

Well if he gonna get credit for Tre White,  Dawkins, Milano , Poyer & Hyde then go figure,  lol.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its the same. The history of top ten offensive linemen is not good. There are a lot of huge busts and disappointments and a few really good players. 

Well I guess your FO has to make sure they pick the right guy like Indy did.  A lot of it depends on who is gonna be available.

Big splash FA signings are rarely worth it. You always overpay for someone who feels no loyalty to your franchise. 

If it's possible to trade for a star, like they did with Shady, then that's preferrable.

Otherwise, get solid starters in FA and get your superstars in the draft.

Easier said than done, I know.

That said, I wouldn't go hard after OBJ, if at all.

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Big splash FA signings are rarely worth it. You always overpay for someone who feels no loyalty to your franchise. 

If it's possible to trade for a star, like they did with Shady, then that's preferrable.

Otherwise, get solid starters in FA and get your superstars in the draft.

Easier said than done, I know.

That said, I wouldn't go hard after OBJ, if at all.

Huh?  By your logic, a player who chooses to sign with a team in FA has less loyalty to that team than a player who is traded to that team against his will???

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Huh?  By your logic, a player who chooses to sign with a team in FA has less loyalty to that team than a player who is traded to that team against his will???

No. I said it's preferable to trade for a star, if possible, as opposed to signing him in FA.

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I hear ya on the chemistry and the attitude thing but if this were to ever happen I would pitch the concept to him that he could do something that NOBODY has ever been able to do and that is to bring a championship to Buffalo. Make him realize that he can do something historical and unprecedented. Believe me, that would make a difference to a big ego.

Until someone innocently mentions his left cleat is untied, and OBJ spins off the rails because he was disrespected.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well I guess your FO has to make sure they pick the right guy like Indy did.  A lot of it depends on who is gonna be available.

I think the issue there is that Nelson happened to be a "once in a while elite player," like a Zach Martin. When those guys are there you take them. But if its projection and question marks, you can't take them in the top ten. Way more failures than success stories.