Is it inconceivable for the Bills to trade for OBJ?

Tipster19

I ask this on the heels of Jay Glazer predicting the Giants trading him. At first one would think no way but after thinking about it it could be a possibility that would make sense for both franchises. I’m gonna list some bullet points. 

1. Both GMs have a congenial relationship.

2. The Giants with 2 top ten 1st rd picks would allow them to draft their future franchise b whoever that may be.

3. It’s no secret that the Bills are in need for a big time WR and OBJ just might be the best in the game.

4. The Bills have the resources to cough up a contract of this magnitude.

5. There is plenty of OL in FA, probably our biggest need, available. 

6. It’s not uncommon to find good OL in the 2nd rd and after. Matter of fact more times than not OL in the 1st rd usually turn out average at best.

7. Our defense is pretty good as of now but any added pieces can and will be addressed in FA and the draft. 

8. OBJ just might be the straw that stirs the drink and makes everything else perform more efficiently. 

I’m sure that I’m gonna get destroyed over this but Beane has proven that he is not intimidated to make big time decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not crazy and I said during the season I thought there was a small chance OBJ could be traded this offseason.  

And if he is made available, good chance Beane at least calls to find out price IMO.  

I would prefer Brown over OBJ though.  Brown is more reliable and mentally stable.  But like I said above, if he really is available I would expect Beane would at least check on what Giants want for him.

Rumors going around that Bell is going to Raiders and they are gonna trade for OBJ too.  But rumors are just rumors

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I ask this on the heels of Jay Glazer predicting the Giants trading him. At first one would think no way but after thinking about it it could be a possibility that would make sense for both franchises. I’m gonna list some bullet points. 

1. Both GMs have a congenial relationship.

2. The Giants with 2 top ten 1st rd picks would allow them to draft their future franchise b whoever that may be.

3. It’s no secret that the Bills are in need for a big time WR and OBJ just might be the best in the game.

4. The Bills have the resources to cough up a contract of this magnitude.

5. There is plenty of OL in FA, probably our biggest need, available. 

6. It’s not uncommon to find good OL in the 2nd rd and after. Matter of fact more times than not OL in the 1st rd usually turn out average at best.

7. Our defense is pretty good as of now but any added pieces can and will be addressed in FA and the draft. 

8. OBJ just might be the straw that stirs the drink and makes everything else perform more efficiently. 

I’m sure that I’m gonna get destroyed over this but Beane has proven that he is not intimidated to make big time decisions. 

?Gonna disagree on that one.  We are talking top ten not the 32nd overall pick.

• Like (+1) 1

I hear ya on the chemistry and the attitude thing but if this were to ever happen I would pitch the concept to him that he could do something that NOBODY has ever been able to do and that is to bring a championship to Buffalo. Make him realize that he can do something historical and unprecedented. Believe me, that would make a difference to a big ego.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

OBJ doesnt come across as a McBeane process guy. If we wanted OBJ here we shouldve drafted him instead of Watkins. Now his head is so big I cant see him wanting to play for our Bills. Patriots or any big market team is where he'll go if anywhere i'm guessing

How could Beane draft OBJ over Watkins when that was 3 years before he joined the Bills?  Lmao

How many more things before Beanes tenure here are people going to pin on him?  Bad enough people blame him for Woods and Mahomes, both things that were before he was a Bill.  Now Sammy over  OBJ? Haha 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would prefer Brown over OBJ though.  Brown is more reliable and mentally stable.  But like I said above, if he really is available I would expect Beane would at least check on what Giants want for him.

Rumors going around that Bell is going to Raiders and they are gonna trade for OBJ too.  But rumors are just rumors

Hey Alphadawg7, how ya doing. I appreciate your input, you kind of give this concept credibility so thanks. As far as Brown goes I think he might be as much if not more of a headcase than OBJ. In the last several weeks he has been making some unsavory headlines of off the field kind of behavior. As far as I know OBJ has kept his nose clean when it comes to this regard. And I anticipate others to start making suggestions like A.J. Green but to me the down side to him is he is 30 and is coming off of a pretty big foot (toe) injury. I don’t want a Sammy Part II and I don’t Beane does either. No, there is a few more positives to OBJ vs some of the other big time WRs.

45 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

?Gonna disagree on that one.  We are talking top ten not the 32nd overall pick.

Its the same. The history of top ten offensive linemen is not good. There are a lot of huge busts and disappointments and a few really good players. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

You laid out some good points, but I'd be shocked if the Bills traded for OBJ. He seems more likely to be the straw that sucks the life out of a team.The guys douche-baggery is as immense as his talent.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How could Beane draft OBJ over Watkins when that was 3 years before he joined the Bills?  Lmao

How many more things before Beanes tenure here are people going to pin on him?  Bad enough people blame him for Woods and Mahomes, both things that were before he was a Bill.  Now Sammy over  OBJ? Haha 

Man u have a tendency to read too much into what people say. I never said Beane wouldve drafted him or missed out on drafting him, obviously he wasnt around then. I simply said OBJ doesnt fit the kind of guys we go after & if he was ever gonna be a Bill, it wouldve happened by drafting him & not this. Maybe you need to take a break from message boards so you dont feel the  need to jump over everyone elses posts all the time. You'll probably feel less stressed out lol

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

OBJ is completely out of his mind and is ONLY a me first type player.

Bad fit for Buffalo.

What part is a bad fit?  Best hands in NFL? Superstar talent?  What is a good fit for Buffalo? 

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If the player is such a headache that the team he is on doesnt want him why would we want hin?

Have you seen him play?