Most Heartbreaking Losses of Players

3 hours ago, wnyguy said:

No but I do remember him standing up to Dave Schultz in the playoffs. Also he played forever with Luce and Ramsay, so to get 50 goals on that line is pretty remarkable.

hell yeah!

Willie Mays falling down on a can of corn in the WS.

I won't call it heartbreaking, but all of the circumstances around how Pat LaFontaine left (the first time) were pretty uncomfortable.  And then of course after all of that, he wound up getting that next/last concussion pretty quickly.

16 hours ago, row_33 said:

Maybe Zion Williamson as his Nike shoe fell apart on his first drive of the game....

So yeah, he might just opt not to play for the rest of the season even if the injury is minor, which would suck for both college BB and Duke. 

44 minutes ago, Steve O said:

So yeah, he might just opt not to play for the rest of the season even if the injury is minor, which would suck for both college BB and Duke. 

he'll really hurt himself his first practice with the Knicks

Thurman Munson for obvious reasons

The day Briere & Drury went unsigned and left the Sabres - the teams tailspin still hasnt stopped from that day

Pat Williams - heart & soul guy, loved Buffalo but the evil Tom Donohoe wouldn't give him the money.  Phat Pat played quite well for Minnesota for a number of years afterwards

On 2/14/2019 at 7:40 PM, row_33 said:

Billy Sims

Cam Neely

Bill Walton

Len Bias

Len Bias loss was heartbreaking - he would have been the franchise after Larry retired.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, row_33 said:

Maybe Zion Williamson as his Nike shoe fell apart on his first drive of the game....

I wonder if he’ll continue to wear Nike, or endorse them when he turns pro.

Think he’ll return to Duke?  I wouldn’t.  Too much at risk.