Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?

ndirish1978

Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. We have a million holes. Our punters have been abysmal. Would you use a pick on someone like Jake Bailey from Stanford?

• Yes
    • No, drafting a P is a waste of a pick

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hope Carter comes back healthy. Bojorquez is the opposite of reliable. He has a massive leg but his hang time is inconsistent and he made too many big errors.

Wasn't Borq the punter who was supposed to hold on a field goal and thought it was a fake kick...than ran around for 2 seconds before getting crushed looking for a receiver while all the Bills players were all WTF-ing?

I like that guy :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Wasn't Borq the punter who was supposed to hold on a field goal and thought it was a fake kick...than ran around for 2 seconds before getting crushed looking for a receiver while all the Bills players were all WTF-ing?

I like that guy :)

That was him. Crazy cat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

We have a million holes. Our punters have been abysmal. Would you use a pick on someone like Jake Bailey from Stanford?

1 - Don’t have a million holes.  

2 - Free Agency is going to fill several key holes

3 - We have a ton of cap room and 10 draft picks.

Conclusion:  We have plenty of ammunition to address needs, which includes a Punter.  So all options are on the table...Free Agency, Draft, and UDFA rookie for a punter.

Punters are important, if there is a top filght rookie available 6th or 7th round and we had not yet addressed it in Free Agency, then absolutely yes you can use a low round pick on any kicker.  This idea some have that you can’t is foolish.  If you can get one of the best college players at a kicking position in the draft over someone like 60th best prospect at some other position that has a high bust chance, you take the better player and get that kicker who could be substantially more valuable than what ever other position we could have drafted.

And we need a Punter, so I expect one to be picked up somewhere, and with extra later round picks, I think it’s quite possible we could draft one and should if there is one they really like.  

14 hours ago, Augie said:

If we could get a really good punter, maybe the best at his position in the draft, vs some schmo LB who is the longest of long shots....why not?  Not enough info in this hypothetical to say for sure, but it certainly could be the right move. Ray Guy, anyone? 

...remember Reggie Roby?.......guy looked mechanical...........

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...remember Reggie Roby?.......guy looked mechanical...........

Yikes! I was going to say I thought he was big enough to double as a LB (and true at 6’3” and 258#), and saw that he died of a heart attack in 2005. I didn’t remember THAT! Only in his mid 40’s. 

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Is the hypothetical punter the BPA?

Why would you take another punter.....or anyone else if the Best Punter Available is still on the board? You always go BPA, I’ve read that! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

Statistically he was the 32nd best punter in the league. In a league of 32 teams, that ain't great.

Ummm, how do you arrive at that conclusion?  He was 18th in gross average, 19th inside the 20, and 21st in net average.  And as mentioned above, he kicked in his last 3.5 games in pain severe enough to IR him.  Even if you went with gross yardage he was still 28th even though he missed half the season.  Was he 32nd in locker room popularity?

Oh, and he was 10th in return ydg against. 

Edited by BuffaloBob

12 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

Ummm, how do you arrive at that conclusion?  He was 18th in gross average, 19th inside the 20, and 21st in net average.  And as mentioned above, he kicked in his last 3.5 games in pain severe enough to IR him.  Even if you went with gross yardage he was still 28th even though he missed half the season.  Was he 32nd in locker room popularity?

Oh, and he was 10th in return ydg against. 

PFF.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:11 PM, Bills2ref said:

I am fine with having Carter and Bojorquez battle it out in camp. Two of Bojorquez’s big errors are easily correctable. He heard the wrong call and thought fake punt on one, a mistake I’m sure he will never make again. He fumbled a snap too, but I’m willing to overlook a rookie mistake. If he can improve his consistency a bit he will be just fine. If he hits it right he absolutely booms it. Also can’t overlook the fact that we will have a far better special teams coach (because whoever they hired can’t be any worse than Crossman).

So if current coach has a medical issue and needs to resign are you okay with signing Ronnie Jones?