Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?

ndirish1978

Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. We have a million holes. Our punters have been abysmal. Would you use a pick on someone like Jake Bailey from Stanford?

• Yes
    • No, drafting a P is a waste of a pick

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that proves....... nothing on the field.... so far......

you are suggesting that ST has been an important part of the team the last few years?

think real hard..................................................................

K. I offered specific things that they have done.  What are you offering.

Heres a clue for you and several others on this board.  If you want to change somebodys mind about something, then you need to offer some sort of data or info of some kind.

Not "I dont feel that way so youre wrong even if I apparently have no Idea why I believe that"

Like-According to Football Outsiders

2018-32nd 

2017-10th

2016-22nd

2015-12th

Edited by formerlyofCtown

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you are suggesting that ST has been an important part of the team the last few years?

think real hard..................................................................

They have not been good.....but this front office has only had 2 years in office.

And after that second year......they fired the ST's coach.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If I remember correctly Cory Carter was punting well until he got IR'ed at the end of preseason.

I think he is going to be the guy to beat this summer.

....good call bud.....and I agree..... Bojorquez looked good also.. ..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

42 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I am fine with having Carter and Bojorquez battle it out in camp. Two of Bojorquez’s big errors are easily correctable. He heard the wrong call and thought fake punt on one, a mistake I’m sure he will never make again. He fumbled a snap too, but I’m willing to overlook a rookie mistake. If he can improve his consistency a bit he will be just fine. If he hits it right he absolutely booms it. Also can’t overlook the fact that we will have a far better special teams coach (because whoever they hired can’t be any worse than Crossman).

Corey Carter i believe would have won the punter job if he didnt tear his ACL.  Carter and Bojorquez will fight it out.  No need to draft a punter.  The Bills have more pressing needs on offense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bills don't care about ST, haven't for a long time.

Belichick considers it a vital part of his game plan, it pans out all the time for wins for him

What nonsense are you spouting?

• Haha (+1) 2

I believe I would if the team really believes in the punter. Let's face it. There's not a whole lot of difference between a 7th RD pick and an UDFA. There is always the occasional homerun in the 7th round, but they're so few and far between that I wouldn't mind "locking up" a solid punter.

I will say this about the Buffalo Bills situation. I am not a fan of Colton Schmidt's punting. I'd rather have the camp upstart or Bojorquez.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If I remember correctly Cory Carter was punting well until he got IR'ed at the end of preseason.

I think he is going to be the guy to beat this summer.

I was excited about Carter last year. He is going to be a good one.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Obviously you have not paid attention.  Current and former regime has wasted many roster spots on guys who can only play STs.  Current squad kept a ST only WR on the roster and that cost them a 3rd round comp pick.

Just becuase the STs suck does not mean they don't care about it.  When the overall talent level on the team sucks you get ***** STs play.  The LB group has been one of the worst in the NFL for years.  WR group is slow and awful.

The ST coordinator is meaningless. Crossman has had good and bad units statistically.  So has the legend of Bobby April.  

It's all about the players and McBeane put together a crap roster last year.  

If we could get a really good punter, maybe the best at his position in the draft, vs some schmo LB who is the longest of long shots....why not?  Not enough info in this hypothetical to say for sure, but it certainly could be the right move. Ray Guy, anyone?