Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?

ndirish1978

Would You Draft A Punter In Rd 7?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. We have a million holes. Our punters have been abysmal. Would you use a pick on someone like Jake Bailey from Stanford?

• Yes
    • No, drafting a P is a waste of a pick

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

We have a million holes. Our punters have been abysmal. Would you use a pick on someone like Jake Bailey from Stanford?

If I remember correctly Cory Carter was punting well until he got IR'ed at the end of preseason.

I think he is going to be the guy to beat this summer.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it depends whats there - if there's a player there you scouted and like a lot then i would say grab him.  There is a clear opportunity to start here for sure - but a few other teams had really lousy punters as well.  The seahawks drafted dickson in the 5th last year and he was the best punter in the league last year - but for the most part rookie punters usually fall in the middle of the road.  

The punter that broke his leg in the pre season during a punt was booming them. He would of been our guy last year. Expect to see him as our starting punter this year.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know nothing about college punters.  If we can draft a potential top 10 punter in the 7th rd, I’m all for it.  Our punters have sucked since moorman.  I miss him. 

Miss Moorman, not the era. Too many years he was the best player on the roster.

22 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

If better than what you have, sure, why not?   Skimping on special teams players = sh---y special teams.

how many times the last 20 years have i thought "maybe they'll return this kickoff/punt for a TD"

all i hope now is they don't fumble it away and/or get a penalty knocking them half the distance back

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

how many times the last 20 years have i thought "maybe they'll return this kickoff/punt for a TD"

all i hope now is they don't fumble it away and/or get a penalty knocking them half the distance back

In the last 20 years like as in the Mgee era?  Plenty.

In recent years?  Not so much.

I think the bills DO care....hence they have fired their ST's coach

I think 

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bills don't care about ST, haven't for a long time.

Belichick considers it a vital part of his game plan, it pans out all the time for wins for him

Yup that is why we hired a new ST coordinator and resigned our key ST players also paid Haushmoney really well, it is because ST are not important.?

I believe Carter and Mr. Bojangals will compete in TC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

no we have 2 young ones who have good hang time and long legs under contract coming off IR

I agree.  Bojorquez was pretty good even though he was a rookie with virtually no playing time at all even in preseason because Belichick was trying to hide him.  He averaged 45.1 yards even though he was in a lot of pain for the last three and half games he played before they IR'd him.  The pass attempt came on the botched field goal and so did the injury.  With some actual preparation and experience in handling those kinds of contingencies, he should be fine.

Edited by BuffaloBob

47 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think 

Yup that is why we hired a new ST coordinator and resigned our key ST players also paid Haushmoney really well, it is because ST are not important.?

I believe Carter and Mr. Bojangals will compete in TC.

that proves....... nothing on the field.... so far......

you are suggesting that ST has been an important part of the team the last few years?

think real hard..................................................................

I am fine with having Carter and Bojorquez battle it out in camp. Two of Bojorquez’s big errors are easily correctable. He heard the wrong call and thought fake punt on one, a mistake I’m sure he will never make again. He fumbled a snap too, but I’m willing to overlook a rookie mistake. If he can improve his consistency a bit he will be just fine. If he hits it right he absolutely booms it. Also can’t overlook the fact that we will have a far better special teams coach (because whoever they hired can’t be any worse than Crossman).