Bean at his Witchery, Again!

18 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

In an article today from Buffalo Rumblings, a salient point was made regarding Beane's continued witchery (link at bottom if the post). In it, Matt Warren notes that the Baltimore Ravens received a 4th round pick for Joe Flacco. We all know that Beane wrangled a 3rd rounder from the Browns for Tyrod. 

But if you break it down, the pick we got from the Browns was at least 40 spots higher (this is BEFORE compensatory picks are revealed) than the pick the Ravens received for Flacco. 

If you think what Beane pulled off was a bad move, in light of those numbers, you either:

1) Are a Pat***** troll

2) Failed Kindergarten math

3) Take Hatorade, introveniously 

Link:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/2/13/18223460/denver-broncos-trade-for-joe-flacco-altering-buffalo-bills-2019-nfl-draft-trade-possibilities

Maybe we aren't the worst... maybe we sometimes make good moves. Maybe it's time to start to Billeve!

Unfortunately for the Ravens, there was no Hue Jackson in Denver .... granted, Elway is not far behind, well, he is exactly one round behind.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I've come to believe many fans measure success now not on wins, but having national sports media respect and on moves made in the off-season.  Excellence has eluded this franchise for so long that expectations have been permanently lowered.  And, in the absence of on-field success, many fans revert to hoping to just being liked.  As in, sports writer X said we're good at this or, this NFL guy likes our pick or, this outlet says our UFA signing is great.

It's basically redefining success to fit an unsuccessful franchise.  

Nonsense.  Fans simply are looking for things to be optimistic about.  It's just a different perspective.  I don't know a single Bills fan who believes it's more important for ESPN to mention the Bills than it is to win football games.  "Winning the offseason" is a tongue-in-cheek joke, but when you've been bad-to-mediocre for so long you're looking for reasons to get excited about the season.  Why is that difficult to understand?

And yes, folks from Buffalo have always had a collective chip on their shoulders about their city (and by extension, their pro sports teams).  That is nothing new.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Except Beane's not graded on how well he does on individual trades, even though everyone wants to declare victory immediately on moves these days.

Beane is graded on building a roster, and through 2 off-seasons he and McCoach have a far from finished product ready to compete and win championships.

You can take your individual trade victories, but over the long haul it doesn't matter. 

You have to win the battles before you win the war , 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You give Mueller credit for that? 

The fins turned it around because they hired Bill Parcells to clean up Muellers mess. 

The Walsh 49ers? That was like 40 years ago dude. The league has changed immensely since then. A "complete rebuild" isn't necessary and old news. 

It should take 3 years AT MOST to build a winner. Hence the reason McBeane should be under a lot of pressure to win this year. 

1315317919-picture_1398.png

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Beane signed Poyer and Hyde I must be mistaken. Nope I'm not it was Whaley and his staff.

Mcd should of kept Monos and Shepherd on the staff those guys knew some talent. Monos was excellent player personnel director. With Monos ability to find talent in free agency and Beane draft and un drafted skills would be a great combo.

Monos was a good scout. He was working with Whaley for the NFLPA Bowl... don't know if he has followed him to the XFL?

That said Beane has a really excellent front office staff.

6 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Beane signed Poyer and Hyde I must be mistaken. Nope I'm not it was Whaley and his staff.

Mcd should of kept Monos and Shepherd on the staff those guys knew some talent. Monos was excellent player personnel director. With Monos ability to find talent in free agency and Beane draft and un drafted skills would be a great combo.

I don’t have anything against Monos, but he’s no longer working in the NFL. Not sure if by choice but doesn’t appear he’s viewed as an excellent player personnel director. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have anything against Monos, but he’s no longer working in the NFL. Not sure if by choice but doesn’t appear he’s viewed as an excellent player personnel director. 

Obviously the NFL is more of who u know type of league rather then who's the best for the job type of league.  Guys like to hire there guys. There's no doubt Monos did better with peanuts compared to what Beane personal guy I believe it's Dan Morgan has done with bout 33mil in Cap space last yr.  Not to mention when we broke the drought technically it was done in help with Monos type guys. U can say all u want that McD picked these guys but the DPP Monos brought them to his desk.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Monos was a good scout. He was working with Whaley for the NFLPA Bowl... don't know if he has followed him to the XFL?

Yet to be proven how good his player personnel staff is. I'm hoping they are great but so far I haven't been impressed with what they did last yr. Hopefully this off-season they do a great job.

14 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Do you think Brandon Beane had anything to do with the trade during the 2017 draft when Buffalo moved in front of Carolina to take Dion Dawkins, who was high on the Panthers' board?  Coincidence? After all, Beane wasn't "officially" in Buffalo at that point.  

Beane and McCoach are linked together to make decisions on personnel. There is no one player acquired or sent packing without both agreeing and that's how they've want it. 

McBeane's first combined foray into UFA hasn't proven to be spectacular.  The 2018 draft is TBD.  

I don’t know, you tell me. You seem to have all the answers, no matter how misinformed they are.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes and in fairness to the McBeane regime I was critical of them early last season for having this very well paid and vaunted staff that was spoken of in "hushed tones" by league sources because of their excellence.........but then not finding ANY diamonds in the rough.:lol:

At mid-season.....enter Robert Foster and Levi Wallace...........diamonds found.

Now perhaps Daboll had more to do with that than anything.........much like Bob Babich Jr. was the guy who encouraged the Poyer signing,  not necessarily Monos or Whaley.

But credit where it is due.........they found a couple starters with good long term outlooks if they keep working hard.    

Those are on the scoreboard for Beane.:thumbsup:

But that UFA class is almost inexcusable...........they were all WTF signings at the moment they were made so if any of them proved to be more valuable than their face value it would have been a surprise and feather in the cap of Beane...........but when they all turned out to be duds that just looks bad decision making and makes you question their thought process.

Predictably bad turned bad is a big negative on that scoreboard.

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm usually furious.... until I see one of your typical wrong takes and it makes me laugh. So thanks again brotha.??

Yep, my takes are funny alright.

Hey look, eball is at it again with a post that doesn't trash every decision made by the organization.  Hilarious!

4 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Obviously the NFL is more of who u know type of league rather then who's the best for the job type of league.  Guys like to hire there guys. There's no doubt Monos did better with peanuts compared to what Beane personal guy I believe it's Dan Morgan has done with bout 33mil in Cap space last yr.  Not to mention when we broke the drought technically it was done in help with Monos type guys. U can say all u want that McD picked these guys but the DPP Monos brought them to his desk.

Yet to be proven how good his player personnel staff is. I'm hoping they are great but so far I haven't been impressed with what they did last yr. Hopefully this off-season they do a great job.

In terms of my view on them I mean they all came with excellent reputations it was just a list of names of guys with stellar reputations in the NFL. I am not sold that they have build the roster yet in Buffalo to justify that but you can see how high they are valued by their getting promoted. 

On Dan Morgan - he didn't join until after the draft. The VP of Player Personnel during 2018 FA is now the General Manager of the Houston Texans. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

In an article today from Buffalo Rumblings, a salient point was made regarding Beane's continued witchery (link at bottom if the post). In it, Matt Warren notes that the Baltimore Ravens received a 4th round pick for Joe Flacco. We all know that Beane wrangled a 3rd rounder from the Browns for Tyrod. 

But if you break it down, the pick we got from the Browns was at least 40 spots higher (this is BEFORE compensatory picks are revealed) than the pick the Ravens received for Flacco. 

If you think what Beane pulled off was a bad move, in light of those numbers, you either:

1) Are a Pat***** troll

2) Failed Kindergarten math

3) Take Hatorade, introveniously 

Link:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/2/13/18223460/denver-broncos-trade-for-joe-flacco-altering-buffalo-bills-2019-nfl-draft-trade-possibilities

Maybe we aren't the worst... maybe we sometimes make good moves. Maybe it's time to start to Billeve!

Do you understand  the huge contract the Ravens got to dump, compared to Taylor? 

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Do you understand  the huge contract the Ravens got to dump, compared to Taylor? 

Yep. My point was that Beane made a good move; this is counter to what a lot of negative posters on here say about Beane. We should be glad about that, as Bills fans.

Part of my point, too, is that I feel as though there are folks who post on here who are definitively NOT Bills fans, and they hate-post, troll, whatever you want to call it. These folks will never admit the Bills are capable of making a good move. So part of my point was also to address that.

I won't deny that the salary dump the Ravens scored is a major factor in the deal; I'm just comparing deals and players dealt, and saying, "Hey... Looks like the Bills made a good move, here."