WR Pierre Garçon available

YoloinOhio

I dont see room on the roster for someone like Garcon UNLESS they are going to cut/trade Zay or Duke.

1. We will likely only carry 6 WRs with the 6th guy being more for ST like McKenzie or signing someone like Patterson.
  2. Foster, Duke, and Zay already make up 3 of the other 5. 
  3. I doubt Garcon and a rookie WR is all they would do to address the WR position this year.  
  4. There is no way we won't be drafting a WR in first 3 rounds, and could take one in the first.
  5. With or without Garcon, I would expect they still try and sign a better FA WR too.

With only 5 spots to fill (6th being for the ST guy) I just cant see where Garcon gets a roster spot.  

I would put this as very low odds of happening as a result.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont see room on the roster for someone like Garcon UNLESS they are going to cut/trade Zay or Duke.

1. We will likely only carry 6 WRs with the 6th guy being more for ST like McKenzie or signing someone like Patterson.
  2. Foster, Duke, and Zay already make up 3 of the other 5. 
  3. I doubt Garcon and a rookie WR is all they would do to address the WR position this year.  
  4. There is no way we won't be drafting a WR in first 3 rounds, and could take one in the first.
  5. With or without Garcon, I would expect they still try and sign a better FA WR too.

With only 5 spots to fill (6th being for the ST guy) I just cant see where Garcon gets a roster spot.  

I would put this as very low odds of happening as a result.  

...and our success rate of these type of signings leaves a ton to be desired....even tried resigning the same guy two or three times......new philosophy please............

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and our success rate of these type of signings leaves a ton to be desired....even tried resigning the same guy two or three times......new philosophy please............

I do love the Duke signing though and of course the Foster signing.  He has some serious potential.  I know he has to prove it in the NFL, but this kid always had a ton of talent, was just off field stuff that landed him in CFL and he certainly seems to have learned from his mistakes and turned a corner.  

He has Brandon Marshall or Dez Bryant type game to him.  Now he has to show he can keep it going in the NFL, but I am very bullish on this signing.  

I have said several times in other threads I am not convinced Zay will be any higher than 4th on depth chart come week 1, and could be lower or even not on the roster anymore.  Foster already passed him, I think Duke has the potential to do so too, and I am sure we will sign a FA still and draft one, both of which will be higher on the depth chart than Zay.  His best shot is to out play Duke, but right now, I like Duke in that battle if I was to bet on it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I do love the Duke signing though and of course the Foster signing.  He has some serious potential.  I know he has to prove it in the NFL, but this kid always had a ton of talent, was just off field stuff that landed him in CFL and he certainly seems to have learned from his mistakes and turned a corner.  

He has Brandon Marshall or Dez Bryant type game to him.  Now he has to show he can keep it going in the NFL, but I am very bullish on this signing.  

I have said several times in other threads I am not convinced Zay will be any higher than 4th on depth chart come week 1, and could be lower or even not on the roster anymore.  Foster already passed him, I think Duke has the potential to do so too, and I am sure we will sign a FA still and draft one, both of which will be higher on the depth chart than Zay.  His best shot is to out play Duke, but right now, I like Duke in that battle if I was to bet on it.

'Dwag:

despite some of the expected "nothing but camp fodder" from our usual TBD "posting gems", I'm on board with giving Duke a legitimate shot.......indiscretions and bad choices took him north of the border...BUT....by most accounts, he has exorcised those demons and is recommitted to football....the kid has a "once in a lifetime NFL opportunity" now on his plate and kudos to the McBeane gang for "searching north"....it is "carpe diem" son and the choice is his....I'm not yet convinced that it is time to throw in the "Zay towel"......again, the youngster faces "carpe diem" and only HE can decide......millions are there for the taking for BOTH IMO......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Same here, but I really believe Beane will bring in an older vet to help Josh.

A motivated veteran WR is definitely a good way to go.

Garcon would be on that list, I just think not on top. 

Is Anquan Boldin still available or is he busy fighting for social justice?

39 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

'Dwag:

despite some of the expected "nothing but camp fodder" from our usual TBD "posting gems", I'm on board with giving Duke a legitimate shot.......indiscretions and bad choices took him north of the border...BUT....by most accounts, he has exorcised those demons and is recommitted to football....the kid has a "once in a lifetime NFL opportunity" now on his plate and kudos to the McBeane gang for "searching north"....it is "carpe diem" son and the choice is his....I'm not yet convinced that it is time to throw in the "Zay towel"......again, the youngster faces "carpe diem" and only HE can decide......millions are there for the taking for BOTH IMO......

Yeah for sure, definitely not saying throw in the towel on Zay.  Just saying I see him staring down the barrel of an uphill climb right now.  He has yet to establish himself as excelling in any area of his job, this is a make or break offseason for him I believe simply due to a numbers crunch.  

Reality is we are likely signing a quality WR in FA then drafting one.  Already thats those 2 relevant guys, plus Foster (who is already ahead of Zay) and then Duke and Zay.  And its not out of the question for them to add even one more WR to the mix via FA or Draft.  The only way Zays job isnt in jeopardy is if we only bring in one more WR, likely via draft, into the mix with Foster, Zay and Duke.  Then he is probably a front runner to play in the slot.  But I find that not very likely and the most likely scenario is a FA and a high drafted rookie.  

I have nothing against Zay, was excited when we drafted him, but he has been quite disappointing so far and I expect there will be stiff competition along side him this offseason.  If I am Zay I am paying close attention to both how many WR's they bring in and to WHO they are.  For instance, if we sign Humphries, I think Zays days are numbered.

• Like (+1) 1

Never been a Garcon fan. He's burned me in fantasy football a couple times. He's just one of those guys you consider picking up when all your receivers are on bye or injured, but if you do you regret it later.

He has a name people recognize for some reason, so I think he'll get paid more than he is worth. I hope the Bills aren't that team. Now, if he comes cheap and wants to be a mentor for the WR room, I'd be down for that.