WR Pierre Garçon available

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, TOboy said:

Not sure he solves any problems. Perhaps on a short deal with not a lot committed, but then why would he pick us unless he sees this as the best opportunity to re-build his value. Seems unlikely. 

He (like many others) would immediately step in as the best WR on the roster if he signed here, so theres that......

Can he still catch balls that hit him in the hands or chest? If so, then sign him up.....

We need a boatload of help at WR. A veteran with skills is one of the many things we need, and a check-please Garcon is a viable cheap option for that part. We need either a huge FA/trade acquisition or top draft pick rook as a #1, a veteran, plus another young guy with actual skills and production to go along with Foster, Zay, and possibly Duke.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Plus, Deonte is a UFA. Not sure if he will even be re-signed. Here are the WRs currently on the roster:

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Da’Mari Scott

Victor Bolden, Jr

isaiah McKenzie

Ray-Ray McCloud

Cam Phillips

Duke Williams 

they need a talent infusion, yes. They also need a veteran, badly. These are all young players. Very little experience. 

I should also clarify - I have nothing against a predominantly young group of WRs, albeit, equally weighing their performance as well. But the effects can be felt for the lack of a truly competent veteran presence that neither KB nor Holmes could ever really hope to provide. Hopefully Hall can provide some of this from the coaches perspective.

While not a top tier signing/pick-up, he has at least demonstrated his ability to perform under multiple offenses, QBs, and teams, and should be worth signing for the right price. 

Edited by ctk232

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Behind closed doors,OBD knew that.You know darn well...things will be very different this spring/summer...

Not a chance they knew that. They thought some of those guys were very good and would produce, and they were wrong. The same way that McDermott thought Peterout was pretty good and would produce and was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not a chance they knew that. They thought some of those guys were very good and would produce, and they were wrong. The same way that McDermott thought Peterout was pretty good and would produce and was wrong.

After the first 2 weeks of the season,they weren't expecting KB to have 2 catches for 25 yds...he was the only guy that they were yapping about...

33 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Gotta say I disagree on that.......

- THey knew they were cap strapped this past year......and were playing with what they had

- KB if they had better they would have replaced him.....eventually they just replaced him

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no doubt at all that Tate is the better player at this time. But like you said, that’s going to be a tough get. I’m not worried about the money he will demand as much as where he, as a WR with options, would want to play. Just reality.

He's getting up there in age so he may be more inclined to a place like Buffalo where the receiving crew is such that his role may be greater than with other teams.

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gotta say I disagree on that.......

- THey knew they were cap strapped this past year......and were playing with what they had

- KB if they had better they would have replaced him.....eventually they just replaced him

That is not mutually exclusive from what we were talking about and what I was saying. All I was responding to was the fact that Beane and McDermott "knew" none of these guys were good and yet signed, and played and put their prize draft pick with them knowing they all suck. There is not a chance that happened. They thought KB and Zay and Kerley and probably a couple other guys were legitimate NFL players that would produce enough to win some games with a solid defense.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That is not mutually exclusive from what we were talking about and what I was saying. All I was responding to was the fact that Beane and McDermott "knew" none of these guys were good and yet signed, and played and put their prize draft pick with them knowing they all suck. There is not a chance that happened. They thought KB and Zay and Kerley and probably a couple other guys were legitimate NFL players that would produce enough to win some games with a solid defense.

The releasing of Kerley will always be puzzling to me

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I forgot about Kerley.

I understand that circumstances weren't ripe to lure top talent.......but holysh*t what a horrendous class of free agents in offseason 1 from Brandon Beane.