WR Pierre Garçon available

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Good points. I forgot about Kerley. Yeah, I can see them handing out some short-term deals to guys that are 30+ for that veteran leadership they seem to really value. I think the tricky thing with some of these vet receivers is gonna be that they'll likely wanna land with a contender to get one or two more shots at a title. I've heard that about Tate, anyway. Garcon could be helpful. SF WRs stated how much they learned from him during his time there. 

Also, I hope no one will be too terribly surprised when they see some of the deals the Bills hand out. They're gonna overpay a little bit. It can be a tough to recruit FAs here so they gotta drop a little extra cash in the deals as incentive to sign.

For sure - but if Tate were interested i think i'd rather have him (or A.Brown if the price isn't too steep... a man can dream right?!).  Tate has been more productive over his career, can play inside and outside, and has a better catch rate over his career.

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

For sure - but if Tate were interested i think i'd rather have him (or A.Brown if the price isn't too steep... a man can dream right?!).  Tate has been more productive over his career, can play inside and outside, and has a better catch rate over his career.

There is no doubt at all that Tate is the better player at this time. But like you said, that’s going to be a tough get. I’m not worried about the money he will demand as much as where he, as a WR with options, would want to play. Just reality.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah, AB would be awesome but the dudes character is that of a spoiled little brat and I don't think McBeane would want that kind of attitude in their locker room. He's all about himself and they've spent the last two years constructing a roster with guys that are all about the team.

I don’t have much interest in this one. I don’t see him as much better than what we have. If he wants to come in on a no money guaranteed deal and battle it out with the rest of our 4-8 receivers then I suppose I could get behind it. I envision next year being Rd1/2 draft pick, Robert Foster, Zay Jones and I’m perfectly fine with that. 

Edited by Bills2ref

15 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t have much interest in this one. I don’t see him as much better than what we have. If he wants to come in on a no money guaranteed deal and battle it out with the rest of our 4-8 receivers then I suppose I could get behind it. I full envision next year being Rd1/2 draft pick, Robert Foster, Zay Jones and I’m perfectly fine with that. 

You want to only bring 3 WRs to TC?

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

They can bring as many as they want to camp. Let them all battle it out. I just wouldn’t pay Pierre Garçon much to be one. 

I definitely don’t think he will cost much or have a lot of options, which is why I brought it up. I still maintain those that will demand $ and have options will not come to Buffalo. I’m speaking of the vet WR market only here. So knowing how many WRs need to be at TC (last year we brought 13) and that we can’t and shouldn’t add only rookies, it’s a guy who may get a look from this team. I have no doubt he would have to battle for a roster spot at this point. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I definitely don’t think he will cost much or have a lot of options, which is why I brought it up. I still maintain those that will demand $ and have options will not come to Buffalo. I’m speaking of the vet WR market only here. So knowing how many WRs need to be at TC (last year we brought 13) and that we can’t and shouldn’t add only rookies, it’s a guy who may get a look from this team. I have no doubt he would have to battle for a roster spot at this point. 

Then absolutely sign me up for Pierre Garçon 

He's 32.  I wouldn't want to give him a long term deal, but he can still be productive as a 4th receiver.  I wouldn't offer him a lot, but a reasonably priced contract for a year or two could mean strong positive leadership in the locker room and a mentor for the rest of the group.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think a vet guy in our WR room (that can actually still play a bit) would be a good idea.......

Tate was my first choice on this.....but we really need to address it in the draft so maybe a less expensive guy?

Same here, but I really believe Beane will bring in an older vet to help Josh.

A motivated veteran WR is definitely a good way to go.

Garcon would be on that list, I just think not on top. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He shouldn’t be in huge demand given his age and injury history and that’s why I think he might be a guy who they could bring in if he’s open to it. The vet WR market is going to be a very tough nut to crack for the Bills this year. That is just reality. And people forget that we need to bring 90 guys to camp. No one is saying he’s going to be our #1 or even 2 or 3 WR. But they cannot add all rookies. He can still play and if healthy can certainly contribute for a year or 2. 

Exactly - right now, our most veteran receiver (outside of Deonte) would be Duke. I'm not sure Deonte provides the veteran role in the corps that Garcon could potentially provide. But all within reasonable context - no one should expect Garcon to fill a #1 role, but for the right price could easily provide greater upside and guidance to the existing group of WRs. 

I'm not sure he'll command a large amount, but for the right price I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

43 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Exactly - right now, our most veteran receiver (outside of Deonte) would be Duke. I'm not sure Deonte provides the veteran role in the corps that Garcon could potentially provide. But all within reasonable context - no one should expect Garcon to fill a #1 role, but for the right price could easily provide greater upside and guidance to the existing group of WRs. 

I'm not sure he'll command a large amount, but for the right price I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Plus, Deonte is a UFA. Not sure if he will even be re-signed. Here are the WRs currently on the roster:

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Da’Mari Scott

Victor Bolden, Jr

isaiah McKenzie

Ray-Ray McCloud

Cam Phillips

Duke Williams 

they need a talent infusion, yes. They also need a veteran, badly. These are all young players. Very little experience. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ve never been a big fan of Garçon. I’m still holding out some hope more vets are released. I wouldn’t jump on the “fire everyone” bandwagon if they signed him up on a 1-2 year team friendly deal. 

Ya never know we may see an influx of vets released soon. Possibilities like Sanu, D-Jax or maybe even Marvin Jones etc etc.. But Garçon does fit that vet need, depending on the route OBD is taking he may be a good get for them