McCabe Speaks Out

Tiberius

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alan-dershowitz-ousting-trump-via-25th-amendment-is-clearly-an-attempt-at-a-coup-detat

All this business shows me is that the Democrats are as lawless as they claim Trump to be. 

And what credibility does this man have after being fired for dishonorable conduct?

Edited by The_Dude

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alan-dershowitz-ousting-trump-via-25th-amendment-is-clearly-an-attempt-at-a-coup-detat

All this business shows me is that the Democrats are as lawless as they claim Trump to be. 

And what credibility does this man have after being fired for dishonorable conduct?

Democrats? This has nothing to do with Democrats. Had this ever gone forward it would have been Trump's cabinet that would have done it. 

Andrew McCabe writes in a new book that Rosenstein, who has publicly defended the memo, lamented that the president had directed him to rationalise Comey’s dismissal, which is now the subject of inquiries into whether Trump obstructed justice.

Rosenstein made his remarks in a private meeting at the justice department on 12 May 2017, according to McCabe’s memoir, which also accuses Trump of operating like a criminal mob boss and of unleashing a “strain of insanity” in American public life.

McCabe recalls Rosenstein being “glassy-eyed”, visibly upset and sounding emotional after coming to believe the White House was using him as a scapegoat for Comey’s dismissal.

“He said it wasn’t his idea. The president had ordered him to write the memo justifying the firing,” McCabe writes. Rosenstein said he was having trouble sleeping, McCabe writes. “There’s no one here that I can trust,” he is quoted as saying.

This goes to the heart of Trump’s effort to derail the Russia investigation. Trump apparently thought all that was necessary to put the Russia scandal behind him was to fire Comey (!). At some level, Trump knew (or his advisers knew) the real reason Comey was fired (Russia) shouldn’t come out. Trump concealed the real motive, enlisted Rosenstein in his scheme, and deployed aides (and the V.P.) to spin the firing as necessary because of Comey’s handling of Hillary Clinton’s emails and low morale. In doing so, Trump revealed consciousness of guilt, the improper motive behind Comey’s firing.

As an aside, there is some doubt as to whether Rosenstein was actually duped. After all, he had seen the original memo referencing Russia. “I think Rod was pretty naive at the time and didn’t realize how badly the Comey memo was going to stain his reputation,” says former DOJ spokesman Matt Miller."But after the enormous pushback from both inside the building and from the DOJ alumni community, he started trying to repair his reputation, which ultimately culminated in the Mueller appointment."

In short, Trump knew firing Comey over Russia was problematic (or his advisers did), so he lied to the public and got Rosenstein to help. (Trump later confessed the real reason was Russia in an interview with Lester Holt, one of many instances in which Trump seems incapable of sticking with one story, thereby cutting the legs out from under his lackeys trying to defend him.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/15/what-everyone-thinks-is-big-mccabes-story-isnt/?utm_term=.b1a185f7f1e2

McCabe was an entrenched komrad who would have thrived in East Germany or any other totalitarian regime. He reminds me of that nazi in "Inglorious Basterds", the one who gets the swastika carved into his forehead at the end. That's not to say he was a brutal and ruthless in dispatching enemies (perceived or otherwise) as that character was, but in idealogical terms he's the same type of guy. 

He thrives on power, he will say or do anything necessary to advance his cause, so much so that while sent packing after being exposed as a liar and traitor, he simply changes the narrative. He is, in short, a virus. 

Here is an article from Bloomberg.

Looks like they’re going to try to throw Rosenstein under the #25 bus.

https://apple.news/ALnYMHCXkSDOgKnMCQwlQPA

A side note from that piece is that these Congressional “closed door” interviews are b.s. as far as non-disclosure goes. From the article:

“A review of the unreleased transcript of Moyer’s closed-door testimony to members of two House committees from Oct. 23, 2018, buttresses McCabe’s version.

So, too, does the testimony of former FBI General Counsel James Baker, who discussed with the Oversight and Judiciary committees during two days of closed-door questioning -- on Oct. 3 and 18, 2018 -- what he’d been told contemporaneously of Rosenstein’s suggestions about taping Trump.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How does the President of the United States send this out to the world and then without addressing it further go out to play golf? I mean do words mean anything anymore?

What should he have done instead?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What should he have done instead?

Held a press conference to address it/order an investigation something other than sending a character limited tweet implying a rebellion/power grab against the most powerful representative of a nation of over 300 million people.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Held a press conference to address it/order an investigation something other than sending a character limited tweet implying a rebellion/power grab against the most powerful representative of a nation of over 300 million people.

And if there’s already a process in place (or maybe has been happening for a long time) that is meant to address the alleged coup and all those involved in it, and Trump is just trolling along until the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

And if there’s already a process in place (or maybe has been happening for a long time) that is meant to address the alleged coup and all those involved in it, and Trump is just trolling along until the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed?

Trolling about a coup...yeah that's a thing the President should do.

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This has been in action for well over a year and a half at this point. 

Justice is coming, that's why people like McCabe are panicking and doing sham interviews. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Trump gonna be Trump.  He’s trolled his way to the Presidency, and the world hasn’t ended yet.  BTW, how’s a press conference going to solve things more than a tweet?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This is trolling, without question... but it's also a laser pointer. By tweeting about it, it forces the media to cover it (even if to debunk it). That keeps the attention and focus on this issue. 

Why is he drawing attention and using very specific language in doing so? (likely) Because something big is coming down the line and this is what's called preparing the battlefield. 

(There's also this to remember)

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/06/645308583/grand-jury-looking-into-case-of-ex-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, GG said:

Trump gonna be Trump.  He’s trolled his way to the Presidency, and the world hasn’t ended yet.  BTW, how’s a press conference going to solve things more than a tweet?

I'd hope within the press conference he'd talk about actions being taken about the incident and besides that a press conference would allow him to reassure the people another aspect of the job of President when words like coup are being thrown around.

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This has been in action for well over a year and a half at this point. 

Justice is coming, that's why people like McCabe are panicking and doing sham interviews. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is trolling, without question... but it's also a laser pointer. By tweeting about it, it forces the media to cover it (even if to debunk it). That keeps the attention and focus on this issue. 

Why is he drawing attention and using very specific language in doing so? (likely) Because something big is coming down the line and this is what's called preparing the battlefield. 

I wasn't even getting into who was right or wrong about this situation more just irritated that the President throws around terrifying statements as hyperbole so much that people seem desensitized to it. Also I don't see how he needed to talk about it for the news to pay attention to it when he's literally quoting the news not to mention how would the news not cover a former Deputy Director of the FBI talking about having discussed using the 25th amendment on the current President.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I wasn't even getting into who was right or wrong about this situation more just irritated that the President throws around terrifying statements as hyperbole so much that people seem desensitized to it. Also I don't see how he needed to talk about it for the news to pay attention to it when he's literally quoting the news not to mention how would the news not cover a former Deputy Director of the FBI talking about having discussed using the 25th amendment on the current President.

I understand you're not casting blame. I didn't mean to imply that you were. I am merely sharing information on a topic I've spilled a lot of digital ink on over the past two years. He needs to talk about it because the coverage and spin (evident in the softball/aiding and abetting 60 min interview) is not discussing the actual story. The actual story is not that a DAG was throwing around trying to use the 25th - as scary as that is, the actual story is much worse

Trump is his own worst enemy in many respects. His style and personality often drown out the substance of the his point and the topic he's discussing. But what he's saying about a coup is not hyperbole. It's fact. And a good portion of the media was involved in its attempted execution, which gives them a motive and reason to spin/obfuscate and cover their asses as the truth finally comes to the greater public's attention. It's going to get even bumpier if you're under the impression that Trump's tweet about a coup was mere hyperbole. 

Worse though will be the spin/counter spin deployed to try to explain away why none of this really matters. Or when they inevitably try to justify it as a necessary measure because "they just couldn't be sure" about Trump's true loyalties. 

Examples will have to be made in order to assure this kind of abuse does not repeat itself. It can't if the republic is going to survive. That means someone (if not multiple someones) will likely be facing indictment. Comey and McCabe are likely early candidates for this. John Brennan and James Clapper are as well, but that would come second (imo). This is Trump's way of trolling, and preparing people who haven't been paying close attention, for what's coming.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd hope within the press conference he'd talk about actions being taken about the incident and besides that a press conference would allow him to reassure the people another aspect of the job of President when words like coup are being thrown around.

This now intersects with the Trump Media thread.  The other reason that he’s using twitter is that he’s discovered that it’s much easier for him to get his message out directly to the people, kind of like FDR did with his radio address.  A press conference still depends on many in the large press outlets having an anti-trump agenda in getting the full stories out.  

Just look at how McCabe is being treated in interviews, despite him admitting that he was part of a possible coup.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1